Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

The Cups really are pointless.

Well Paul, Hoots has already confirmed Hooly is carrying an ("convenient") injury so will miss tomorrow''s match.  However think we are struggling with centre halves at the moment (Turner and Bennett are definitely out, looks like Whitaker is too) so I wouldn''t think we have any choice but to play Bassong tomorrow.  Holt though I can see starting on the bench and then coming on in last 20 minutes to rub Lambo''s nose in it.

[quote user="shefcanary"]Well Paul, Hoots has already confirmed Hooly is carrying an ("convenient") injury so will miss tomorrow''s match.  However think we are struggling with centre halves at the moment (Turner and Bennett are definitely out, looks like Whitaker is too) so I wouldn''t think we have any choice but to play Bassong tomorrow.  Holt though I can see starting on the bench and then coming on in last 20 minutes to rub Lambo''s nose in it.[/quote]

Thought he said Turner is in the squad for tomorrow?

I am guessing we may see Bassong and Barnett tomorrow with Martin at right back. Based on Hoots quotes today I would guess at:

Bunn

Martin Bassong Barnett Garrido

Johnson Howson

Bennett Snodgrass Pilkington

Holt

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Tettey out and Wes and Whittaker are doubts.

Turner in the squad.

I guess if Wes is out we could see Snoddy playing the Wes role and Bennett come in on the right which i think would probably work ok.

[/quote]

Is this why CH was apparently reluctant to let Butterfield stay at Bolton then and why he left the decision until very late before letting Bolton know?

I am horribly worried about the cup affecting our league performance - we saw what happened to Leeds in our League 1 season. When Premier League Birmingham won it 2 years ago, there was a Championship side playing in the Europa League next season. 2 years go the scum reached the semis, but looked like they were heading to League 1 until they got knocked out. I actually wouldn''t have been at all bothered if Spurs had knocked us out

[quote user="HazzaJet"]I am horribly worried about the cup affecting our league performance - we saw what happened to Leeds in our League 1 season. When Premier League Birmingham won it 2 years ago, there was a Championship side playing in the Europa League next season. 2 years go the scum reached the semis, but looked like they were heading to League 1 until they got knocked out. I actually wouldn''t have been at all bothered if Spurs had knocked us out[/quote]On the flip side of that, last season when Leicester knocked us out it sparked an absolutely shoddy run of form, and killed the confidence of the team. I''d much rather see us come out and give a game of it, and even if we get knocked out we''ll have made a game of it. I don''t see any reason why it should put us in a worse position against Wigan, these guys are supposed to be professional athletes after all!

[quote user="HazzaJet"]I am horribly worried about the cup affecting our league performance - we saw what happened to Leeds in our League 1 season. When Premier League Birmingham won it 2 years ago, there was a Championship side playing in the Europa League next season. 2 years go the scum reached the semis, but looked like they were heading to League 1 until they got knocked out. I actually wouldn''t have been at all bothered if Spurs had knocked us out[/quote]Is this serious? We''ve been on such a good run of form that it doesnt matter if we go through.Obviously if we''d lost the last few then I''d feel differently. Like the Hoot said "the cup is a chance to carry on our run".

1. Crush Villa tomorrow. I''ll take a 4 -1 win2. Crush Wigan on Sat. I''ll take a dominant 3-0 win.3. Holty raising the Cup upon the steps of Wembley on the Feb. 24th.4. Crush Villa again when they return On May 4th and condemn them to relegation, along with QPR.5. Finish in the top 10 of the Prem with a positive goal difference.

Seems within reason to me....

In reality, Norwich are very unlikely to win the premier league, at least in the next few season. So our only chance to win silverware comes via a cup.

Therefore, as a Norwich fan, and wanting to see Norwich win some silverware or at least major silverware, I always hope that we take the cups seriously.

I always find it a bit, strange that fans openly seem to want their club to lose (whether Norwich or other clubs) in cups... and many of these clubs are very similar to Norwich, will never have a good chance at the league...

If cup competitions were a complete waste of time, why is the Champions League (ok the first bit is a league) revered so much.

For the little clubs, you would think... the FA and to a lesser extent the league cup should be revered by the Norwich''s, Westham''s, Fulham''s etc ?? as the best opportunity to win something.

Furthermore, when people look back in history, it''s usually the iconic cup runs that are remembered by clubs.

so my two pence worth... take every cup seriously and don''t be afraid to admit we want to win it.

[quote user="Man Who Stares At Goats"]1. Crush Villa tomorrow. I''ll take a 4 -1 win2. Crush Wigan on Sat. I''ll take a dominant 3-0 win.3. Holty raising the Cup upon the steps of Wembley on the Feb. 24th.4. Crush Villa again when they return On May 4th and condemn them to relegation, along with QPR.5. Finish in the top 10 of the Prem with a positive goal difference.

Seems within reason to me....[/quote]Binner.