Sign in to follow this  
whoareyou?

Ayala and Vaughan

Are they both injured again? Neither are playing tonight.Increasingly looking like Hughton had this sussed from the start and new exactly what he was doing and why. Not some of Lambert''s better buys.

Ayala has been out injured (again!) but he was on the bench at the weekend, and again on the bench tonight.

Vaughan has been injured for a couple of months (again!) Last i heard, a few weeks ago, he was going for a 2nd scan on his current injury.

Funny where all the people who were slating Hughton for letting these 2 go on loan are, saying he didn''t have a clue and we had to keep hold of them. Where are yaaa?

I never really understood all the upset about them going.

Vaughan''s contribution to last season was virtually non-existent and Ayala''s wasn''t much greater.

Obviously they''ve got a bit of ability about them but I''ve seen enough of both to know that neither are ever going to be real top class players.

I put my hands up and say I was disappointed when Vaughan went out on loan, just because he was looking promising in pre - season, it felt like he was a new signing. But I never said a bad word against Hughton, I knew he was injury prone, so I could understand his reasoning.

I am sure that Chrissy H had a chat with Neal R and the medical team before letting them go out on loan.

They both need games under their belt ,not just for fitness but confidence and they werent gonna get that here were they ?

Both certainly appear injury prone but I wouldnt write either off just yet. Also didnt we sign Harry Kane on loan ? oh thats right he''s been injured ever since.

Ayala was on the bench for a couple of games then missed a game with an unspecified "48-hour bug" (rotavirus, anyone ?).

Apparently he''s available for Forest this weekend and may even start for them.  They''ve lost their last 2 which must improve his chance of getting back into the team, and let''s hope he can have an injury-free run.

Its a real shame about Ayala. I''m still hoping he pulls through all of these injuries and manages to get passed it all. When he was playing for us last year he looked like a real good prospect, his passing was great, he looked very comfortable on the ball, and definitely knew how to tackle. I was really loooking forward to a Bennet Ayala partnership in years to come, think that could have been very solid.

I was one of the people who wasn''t happy about seeing the 2 go out on loan at the start of the year, and did question why Hughton would do it, especially Vaughan as he was looking very good pre-season, and we didn''t really have anything on the cards coming in. I''m very happy to say I was wrong!

Ward will be an excellent signing for a Championship club in January. Given that he is out of contract too in the summer he wont be that expensive.

Ayala is apparently out again with a hamstring injury, you''ve got to feel a bit sorry for Forest that he''s hardly strung 2 appearances together all season.

Also I see McLeish is saying he''s keen to get Ward back to Forest on a further loan with a view to a possible permanent deal which has got to make sense, especially as Forest went out at home in the cup to Oldham who are in the bottom half of league 1.

Heading into the Championship now, where Nottingham Forest boss Alex McLeish has confirmed he wants to re-sign Norwich defender Elliott Ward.

[quote user="Barbie"]Thought Ayala was suspended after his red.[/quote]

Yes.  He didn''t play Saturday for Forest so I''m not sure if that uses up the suspension or would it just be for the league ?  Is it just one game for sending off for a second yellow ?

Anyway, the local paper here today says he''s now got another hamstring injury as well.

McLeish can p*ss off with his desire to loan Ward again to ''have a look at him''. He should watch their previous games and speak to his staff for a better idea. They''ve got plenty of money to buy him. Ayala started very well for them, but got injured and needs to work his way back to fitness and back into the team