Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Laudrup given vote of confidence !!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/9601618/Swansea-City-manager-Michael-Laudrup-backed-by-chairman-Huw-Jenkins-in-wake-of-player-criticism.html

they have 5 more points than us !! be nice to hear a little from mcnally about what he thinks of our position most interseting point i thought was ......

""Everyone has a different approach and this is a normal issue for us after Brendan Rodgers went to Liverpool.

"Michael knew the philosophy of the club when he came here and that won''t change, whether he is the manager or not. They all agree to manage the club a certain way. ""

This is the bit where chris hughton has upset some fans has he tried to change the philosophy of a successful team your thoughts ???

i agree but my point is they want the club to continue as they have done the last few years and will do anything possible are we the same ??

I do think you''ve got a good point there norfolkngood. I''m not going to get drawn into a ''is Hughton a defensive manager'' debate, because they''ve been done to death in the past couple of weeks already.

However, I think simply in mentality and man management he''s so completely different to Lambert (or at least appears to be from the outside looking in) that it will take some time to change things around. Lambert created a squad of players who responded to his personality and his man management style. Now I don''t think that Hughton has ''lost the changing room'' as such, because everywhere he''s been everyone has never had a bad word to say about him, so I imagine he''s a top bloke. But can he motivate the players in the same way that Lambert could, or someone who had a similar mentality to Lambert might have been able to?

All too often it seems you hear of Managers coming into a club and immediately wanting all traces and presence of their predecessors-it can be extreme such as the story of Brian Clough having Don Revie''s desk smashed up and burnt!-but, usually, and understandably, they want players and the people at the club to know that they are the boss now, ''x'' has gone and its time to move on and do it "my way". The King is dead and all that...

Hell, you get it in work places anyway. I joined a company as a Dept Manager once and right from day one it was all, "we didn''t do it this way under Mick" and "Mick wouldn''t have done it that way" etc etc. I guess if you are up against that and a Manager, in any organisation, who was popular then you run the risk of upsetting people if you don''t carry on what had been done before-but we were a generation apart so I had to do things differently.

I didn''t last very long incidentally but I think the bastards got, in my replacement, someone a lot, lot worse than me in terms of how they were treated and regarded, anyway.....

Laudrup and Hughton have both come in and replaced successful and popular Managers. Is your first instinct therefore that desire to show that you are the boss now and that what has gone has gone and its ''my way or the highway''? Perhaps both of them have taken just that approach, perhaps its the only way you can move into that sort of position-you simply can''t maintain what had gone on before, you''re then not your own person, you''re a facsimile of what went on before and who will respect someone who is trying to be else replicate someone else? Certainly your own self-respect might suffer.

Swansea players are clearly reacting to things being done differently-I would guess in how they are being treated or how day to day things at the club are, or have been changed-their football, certainly at the start of the season looked spot on-do they now feel they''ve been found out and that they have no alternative if opposing teams are on top, or do they feel training and fitness isn''t what it should be? They''ll certainly have had their reasons-they want to push on this season, improve and prosper, and if they think the change at the top isn''t helping to facilitate that progress, then they''ll as sure as hell speak out.

Whether there is a parallel with us remains to be seen-though I''d be surprised if the whole squad were comfortable and at ease with the change and would say it hasn''t affected them.

The most thankless task in football is going to be the job of succeeding Ferguson at Man Utd for the same reasons-the temptation there will be to simply carry on in his manner and follow his practices, but I am sure whoever they appoint won''t want to do that for all the reasons written here.

The term ''Vote of Confidence'' is a bit overblown in this story - more accurately it should say the Huw Jenkins has ''back his manager''.

The problem at Swansea hasn''t been results but Laudrup alienating and upsetting players (which isn''t a surprise as he has done this at every club he has managed).

Norwich players still seem to be onside with Hughton, but unfortunately the results haven''t been there. Will be interesting to see how the Laudrup story at Swansea pans out - can see a few more issues cropping up there in the future. He is known for not just upsetting players, but also club owners and board members.

some good points and i agree that whoever is manager has to put his own stamp on the job,in my opinion i would perfer a manager to be strong willed ,maybe some of our players need upsetting a bit i am sure lambert upset a few ,now i for one minute am not saying upsetting them to a point of transfer requests or punch ups but passion is a good thing ,remember swansea have 8pts over double what happy camp norwich have ,we need bite ,passion die for the cause stuff and if that upsets a few players they are not the type of players we need and so be it in my book .......

When Swansea were scoring and winning for fun early in season I said to my mate that Laudrup wouldn''t last the season and Swansea would fall apart.

Still think that will be the case. They''ve lost a lot more than us this last summer.

we have lost 4 drawn 3

swansea have lost 3 drawn 2 won 2

how have they lost more than us ?

any football manager would perfer points on the table than games etc

[quote user="norfolkngood"]we have lost 4 drawn 3 swansea have lost 3 drawn 2 won 2 how have they lost more than us ? any football manager would perfer points on the table than games etc[/quote]

I''m guessing he means player wise with Sigurdsson and Sinclair going.

[quote user="Rivvo"]

[quote user="norfolkngood"]we have lost 4 drawn 3 swansea have lost 3 drawn 2 won 2 how have they lost more than us ? any football manager would perfer points on the table than games etc[/quote]

[/quote]

And Allen and Caulker

Its simple, both Laudrup and Hughton need more time, they have only been in place for a handfull of competitive matches......oh and they need solidarity from all at their respective clubs and for the fans to show some patience and understanding of the situation they both inherited.

As for PL''s man management........from outside looking in, I always got the impression that this came from Cully and not PL, hence they are a team and move from club to club together. 

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Rivvo"]

[/quote]

And Allen and Caulker

Taylor broken leg?[/quote]

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

Its simple, both Laudrup and Hughton need more time, they have only been in place for a handfull of competitive matches......oh and they need solidarity from all at their respective clubs and for the fans to show some patience and understanding of the situation they both inherited.

As for PL''s man management........from outside looking in, I always got the impression that this came from Cully and not PL, hence they are a team and move from club to club together. 

[/quote]Well said DM.  Yes the season may become a complete right-off but the squad may also come around.  I got the impression that 17th would be welcomed by most.  With all the dread and dire, the table shows them only one point adrift of 17th or 2 points if you take in the goal differential.  I guess everyone will make what they want of it though. 

[quote user="norfolkngood"]so they have lost all these players since the summer and still 5 pts ahead of us but still SOME people are not worried ?[/quote]

But they haven''t had to face Tottenham, Liverpool or Chelsea. I''ll be more worried if they are 5 points clear at the end of the season - until then all comparisons are unequal. Would be more concerned about drawing 2-2 with Reading at home than losing 4-1 away to Chelsea to be honest.