Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

Highest paid director at NCFC

A cursory glance at the Report and Accounts over the cornflakes this morning make some very healthy reading. Can''t help but notice item 7 of the notes "Directors Remuneration" shows  "total and highest paid director" at £1.389 m , up from £871k last year. This includes a performance related bonus of £967k. Also £144k into a pension.  

Well if we have made more money, its not surprising the directors are being paid more. That makes sense right?

Wether that increase is fair or not, I don''t really care. As long as the transfer budget isn''t effected.

But McNally, he came under a bit of scrutiny from some fans at one point because he got something like a £1 million bonus for reaching his targets. But in my eyes, thats fair enough. These people are running a football club, and they are running it very well from a monetary point of view (if that word means what I think it means...).

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Well if we have made more money, its not surprising the directors are being paid more. That makes sense right? Wether that increase is fair or not, I don''t really care. As long as the transfer budget isn''t effected. But McNally, he came under a bit of scrutiny from some fans at one point because he got something like a £1 million bonus for reaching his targets. But in my eyes, thats fair enough. These people are running a football club, and they are running it very well from a monetary point of view (if that word means what I think it means...).[/quote]

And a new striker would have cost?..............

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Well if we have made more money, its not surprising the directors are being paid more. That makes sense right? Wether that increase is fair or not, I don''t really care. As long as the transfer budget isn''t effected. But McNally, he came under a bit of scrutiny from some fans at one point because he got something like a £1 million bonus for reaching his targets. But in my eyes, thats fair enough. These people are running a football club, and they are running it very well from a monetary point of view (if that word means what I think it means...).[/quote]

And a new striker would have cost?..............

[/quote]You pay peanuts you get monkeys. We wouldn''t be in the premiership if it weren''t for the good management and directorship over the last three seasons.Still any excuse for another bit of negative spin, and of course another opportunity to make yourself look a Grade "A" moron.

[quote user="Wiz"]And how much did Fry get?............he''s never here!...........hell, I''m here more than him![/quote]No.You''re really not.Going tonight?

Just reading this part:

''Spare £12.4 million reinvested into player transfer fudn for 2012-12 season''

And:

''PLayer transfers since May 31 2012 amount to £9.9m''

Surely that means we have quite a lot of budget left? Because presumably this ''spare'' money was only spare once an original transfer budget was set? Otherwise it wasn''t spare money as it should have been money going towards transfers anyway.

Whilst on the subject on the Report and Accounts here are two questions.

1. Who gets the 65k dividends on the B preference shares?

2. Which players lead to us getting £1.13m for "appearance related receipts for former players"?

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

2. Which players lead to us getting £1.13m for "appearance related receipts for former players"?

[/quote]

Hmmm,interesting.Who could that be?Cody?Crofts would be too soon.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Maybe we have had add ons with every player we have released, and its a sum of a few players. As for who, no idea lol.

McNally is worth it. Category 1 Academy, debt disappearing. The last paid directors ran the debt through the roof and relegated us to division 3 in the process. And every time we play at home we see their permanent legacy...

a loss making hotel taking up a corner of a ground that isnt big enough. Would anyone care to estimate how much the vile Munby and equally vile Doncaster cost this club over the years?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe we have had add ons with every player we have released, and its a sum of a few players. As for who, no idea lol.
[/quote]

Just had a look at the report ([|-)]) and it''s only 113k so that would make sense.

[quote user="Bedfordshire Clanger"] And every time we play at home we see their permanent legacy... a loss making hotel taking up a corner of a ground that isnt big enough. [/quote]

Have i missed something but where has it been reported that The Holiday Inn at Carrow Road is losing money ? Anyway we put zilch monies into this project and it is a franchise.NCFC provided the land on which it is built and i believe have something like a 30% stake should it be sold in the future.

The Kerrison Hotel venture as described in the accounts does indeed show a loss but NCFC are not responsible in any way shape or form for the financial running of the business.I say again  that we put not a brass farthing in from the start and have no financial responsibility in its day to day running. I note that i was correct with regard to our 30% stake so it basically means that the value of the 30% stake becomes less if it runs at a loss.

Do you honestly think that McNally and Bowkett would allow it to make a loss if they were in a position to exercise any control on the hotel finances especially as it is plain to see that all aspects where they have been overseeing NCFC affairs for the last three years have had a complete transformation.

I''ve not seen the accounts yet, but I would expect that there is some discussion about the provision for payments to former manager in there, particularly given impending employment tribunal, any resolution of which would be a post balance sheet event.  However none of my fellow fag packet accountants have commented yet.  Is there any discussion of the Lambert compensation situation? 

[quote user="shefcanary"]I''ve not seen the accounts yet, but I would expect that there is some discussion about the provision for payments to former manager in there, particularly given impending employment tribunal, any resolution of which would be a post balance sheet event.  However none of my fellow fag packet accountants have commented yet.  Is there any discussion of the Lambert compensation situation? [/quote]

Not sure if that includes me[8-|][;)] but the accounts haven''t reached me yet. Previously you could print them out from a pdf but the club doesn''t seem to have provided that this year, unless I just can''t see the link.

Dear me, perhaps the rather dim clanger could tell us where the money to put in a stand in thqat corner was to come from at that time - his poclet ?

Also for all their previous faults remind us who managed to fill Carrow Road and built up a massive ticket buying fanbase.

As to whatever the board members get then I''m sure all genuine City fans recognise they derserve whatever it is they are getting. Anyone who has had, or is close to the club will know that it is a far, far harder opertaion nowadays. They have driven the income up to almost £75m last season.

This time three years ago we had just been beaten by Leeds and had just scrapped into a playooff place but were 11 points off the top (we are currently only 12 points off 2nd). What would you have offered a board of directors that would have said then that we would finish that season promoted, having won the league by a clear 9 points - and then follow that with automatic promotion. Followed by a very comfortable mid table place in the Premier League.

Again, to all genuine City fans they are worth their weight in gold.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="shefcanary"]I''ve not seen the accounts yet, but I would expect that there is some discussion about the provision for payments to former manager in there, particularly given impending employment tribunal, any resolution of which would be a post balance sheet event.  However none of my fellow fag packet accountants have commented yet.  Is there any discussion of the Lambert compensation situation? [/quote]

Not sure if that includes me[8-|][;)] but the accounts haven''t reached me yet. Previously you could print them out from a pdf but the club doesn''t seem to have provided that this year, unless I just can''t see the link.

[/quote]

I really do have to start using emoticons more regularly Purple.  I was just preparing myself for the usual insults.  [;)]  Anyway, I am as always waiting with baited breath for your analysis, which as usual I am sure will be both insightful and cut through the hyperbole. 

[quote user="shefcanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

I really do have to start using emoticons more regularly Purple.  I was just preparing myself for the usual insults.  [;)]  Anyway, I am as always waiting with baited breath for your analysis, which as usual I am sure will be both insightful and cut through the hyperbole. 

[/quote]

I''m rather afraid  to offer an opinion in such exalted company but wouldn''t the whole Lambert/Hughton compensation packages be post balance sheet events?

POST BALANCE SHEET EVENTS

Transfer of players'' registrations 

Subsequent to the year end the club has acquired the registrations of players Butterfield, Whittaker, Snodgrass, Turner, Garrido, Bassong, Tettey and Bunn. The club also sold the registration of Crofts for an amount in excess of the carrying value at the balance sheet date.

The net payment to which the club is committed in respect of these transactions is £9.9m with a maximum further amount due of £3.4m dependent on club and/or player performance.

Am I looking in the right place??

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="shefcanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m rather afraid  to offer an opinion in such exalted company but wouldn''t the whole Lambert/Hughton compensation packages be post balance sheet events?

Subsequent to the year end the club has acquired the registrations of players Butterfield, Whittaker, Snodgrass, Turner, Garrido, Bassong, Tettey and Bunn. The club also sold the registration of Crofts for an amount in excess of the carrying value at the balance sheet date.

The net payment to which the club is committed in respect of these transactions is £9.9m with a maximum further amount due of £3.4m dependent on club and/or player performance.

[/quote]

Thanks for the Nutty.  I can''t remember exactly when Lambert left for Villa, but if it was post 31 May 2012, then you would expect some discussion in this note.  There isn''t any discussion here - was the departure before 31 May then.  If so the cost of any provision for the settlement will be within salary costs and creditors.  However given the supposed size of the settlement that is being sought you would expect any such transaction being highlighted somewhere in the accounts as it is a material transaction.  Ah well I''ll have a look and report back in due course, but no-one has mentioned it yet.  Curious.

I would tell you where to look in the Annual Report but I remember the last time I made a post for public information purposes (i.e re. the new extension at Colney) I got flamed by you!

Have a nice day!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]I would tell you where to look in the Annual Report but I remember the last time I made a post for public information purposes (i.e re. the new extension at Colney) I got flamed by you!

Have a nice day![/quote]

Surely that''s worth it''s own thread Tangy, just like the one you started when you told us about your meeting with Bowkett but couldn''t discuss what you''d talked about.

And you still haven''t told us how much Watling walleted.....

"What a shame that would could be a sensible forum is ruined by cheap insults"  Clanger

"the vile Munby and equally vile Doncaster " Clanger

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]I would tell you where to look in the Annual Report but I remember the last time I made a post for public information purposes (i.e re. the new extension at Colney) I got flamed by you!

Have a nice day![/quote]

Surely that''s worth it''s own thread Tangy, just like the one you started when you told us about your meeting with Bowkett but couldn''t discuss what you''d talked about.

[/quote]

But following that meeting I did answer two questions that people wanted answered. That was a greater contribution than you have made to this thread! 

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]I would tell you where to look in the Annual Report but I remember the last time I made a post for public information purposes (i.e re. the new extension at Colney) I got flamed by you!

Have a nice day![/quote]

[/quote]

But following that meeting I did answer two questions that people wanted answered. That was a greater contribution than you have made to this thread! 

[/quote]And exactly what have you contributed to this thread except for a dig at another poster?

[quote user="shefcanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="shefcanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for the Nutty.  I can''t remember exactly when Lambert left for Villa, but if it was post 31 May 2012, then you would expect some discussion in this note.  There isn''t any discussion here - was the departure before 31 May then.  If so the cost of any provision for the settlement will be within salary costs and creditors.  However given the supposed size of the settlement that is being sought you would expect any such transaction being highlighted somewhere in the accounts as it is a material transaction.  Ah well I''ll have a look and report back in due course, but no-one has mentioned it yet.  Curious.

[/quote]

It was right on the deadline I think. Lambert was appointed Villa manager on 1st June I think. So Hughton would have come later than that.