Sign in to follow this  
unique

MOTD 'Team Of The Day'

Without needing to continually prove themselves as a tired format with withered presenters, MOTD appear to have introduced an exciting new feature ''Team Of The Day''.

Selected by whom? Based on what? Approved by?

Under what possible criteria would Cameron be selected for this accolade from yesterday''s game, and, if there was to be a defender from the game, wouldn''t Whittaker have been selected by 99% of impartial observers?

I have given up watching Match of the day, it is in desperate need of a complete overhaul. Goals on Sunday on Sky is far superior but if you don''t have Sky but have a tablet then download the espn goals app and watch the highlights of the games about 4 hours before match of the day.

*sigh* This almost feels old hat.... BUT, I to am getting sick of MOTD. I was happy to conceed that I was looking at Norwich with "rose" or even "fan boy" tinted glasses.But watching Shearer and Hanson give each other a reach around over Swansea''s passing and then pretty much getting to the Norwich game and Hanson agreeing in not so many words with Pulis. Made me want to vomit in a bag and send it to them.We really do seem to be the ugly step child of the Prem in the eyes of the pundits. Always on last, or second from. Never given any actual respect or praise and the plaudits cant wait to grease themselves over the likes of Fulham, Stoke, Villa and even Swansea !Last night was the first time in about a month I had bothered, I wont again.

Haven''t watched it in ages. As a earlier post stated espn if i want to watch basic highlights otherwise its match choice on sky for me.

Very very tired format - had been out for the evening, got home turned TV on....and luckily our match about to start.  Watched it, cringed at pundits and immediately turned over to watch ITV''s FA Cup highlights. Somethings gotta change!

[quote user="JF"]I have given up watching Match of the day, it is in desperate need of a complete overhaul. Goals on Sunday on Sky is far superior but if you don''t have Sky but have a tablet then download the espn goals app and watch the highlights of the games about 4 hours before match of the day.[/quote]

JF, its ESPN all the way for me rather than MOTD. Top app!!

Apparently Cameron attempted, and won possession with, more tackles than any other defender in the Premier yesterday.

I can''t say where they got that stat from, but if it''s true then his inclusion seems fair enough.

They do explain the ''Team of the Day'' selection on their Twitter feed and Facebook page, in all fairness.

MOTD is a must see for me, I don''t always agree with what they have to say, but it''s one persons opinion against another''s.I''m always happy with my trip back to Swindon, if I''m back in time for Match of the Day and yesterday it was a good journey back ''buzzing'' and listening to the radio. BBC Radio Norfolk, Talksport & Radio 5 live. 

Yes, MOTD really is total and utter drivel - to put it very politely.

I couldn''t believe that they didn''t show Wesley''s 60 yard volley/lob right at the beginning of the second half. Okay, I think it was going wide in the end, but it was still a moment of genuine vision and skill.

We can be certain that if Rooney had tried the same thing we would have been treated to endless replays complete with Gary and the two Alan''s jizzing themselves.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Yes, MOTD really is total and utter drivel - to put it very politely.

I couldn''t believe that they didn''t show Wesley''s 60 yard volley/lob right at the beginning of the second half. Okay, I think it was going wide in the end, but it was still a moment of genuine vision and skill.

We can be certain that if Rooney had tried the same thing we would have been treated to endless replays complete with Gary and the two Alan''s jizzing themselves.
[/quote]100 % agree, infact I was expecting them to show it !I guess one of the main producers / editors or someone with the "powa" is a binner  ?

was there really any player from yesterday who gave enough to warrant inclusion? it was distinctly average fare.

if camerons performance was so strong then we would have seen that on the day; he (nor any player from either side) truly stood out.

As well as wes'' effort snodgrass'' miss at teh end of the first have was a effort that should have been shown too

MOTD/Goals on sunday, are all a players love in and out of touch with true fans - Pulis was defended for his anger. Adams was falling before Garrido reached him so it was a dive, as was snodgrass. It IS time for retrospective action

I wasnt able to be at Carrow Road yesterday and I made a conscious effort to avoid MOTD as I knew from family and friends at the game that it was the sort of game that they''d shun to the side.Goals on Sunday is miles better.

Ahh good. Another Match of the Day bashing thread.I notice there was no MOTD thread after last week game at Villa when;* Hanson praised Norwich for the progress they have made since the Liverpool game.* A large amount of kudos was allocated to John Ruddy''s quality.* Wes Hoolihan was named in the MOTD Team of the Day.Just sayin''.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Ahh good. Another Match of the Day bashing thread.I notice there was no MOTD thread after last week game at Villa when;* Hanson praised Norwich for the progress they have made since the Liverpool game.* A large amount of kudos was allocated to John Ruddy''s quality.* Wes Hoolihan was named in the MOTD Team of the Day.Just sayin''.[/quote]they didnt hear that as going mental over his previous comments they threw their TV out of the window.