Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Monday, Thursday, Sunday, must be advantage City

Newcastle had tough game against Everton on Monday night which they were lucky not to lose.

They travel to Portugal for European action tomorrow night, then us on Sunday.

Surely we must feel positive about this, we have to go for it, Lambert style, right from the first whistle.

Lambert style??

How about Hughton style??  

Look how many chances we had last game.   Hughton is just as capable of putting out an attacking team - he might though also think about defending too, something that Lambert wasn''t all that hot on. 

A draw would be a good result, but obviously we should go out to win the game - that goes without saying. 

Hughton style.

You probably know what I mean, I have no particular preference for Lambert, just this weekend could do with the style of play which typified his tenure.

I''m sure Hughton will be successful with us long term, hoping that we take the initiative on Sunday.

Just as significantly, Krul, Simpson, Coloccini, and Tiote are all injured and wont be travelling. I wonder how long term these 4 injuries are and wouldnt be suprised to see a few return Sunday.

Ben Arfa is suspended in Europe for one more game, so he couldn''t play regardless.

The Europa Cup is treated in a similar way to the League Cup [Capital One Cup] with managers not wanting to risk their star players. Instead, giving fringe players a chance of a run-out.

Newcastle remain a very dangerous team, have home advantage and if an unsettled Demba Ba results in him scoring more goals then before it was reported, then any personal problems clearly don''t relate to performances on the pitch at this present time.

The trouble we now face in the next run of games is that a draw would be an acceptable result but three points will be badly needed.

yep, certainly seems Pardew is more focussed on beating the Mighty Ylows than progress in Europe.  What advantage there is depends on whethef Ba''s agent has unsettled the squad.  I would expect all their injuries to clear up!

Pardew now reporting Ba could trigger release clause January  - a snip @ £7m?

If we play the same as we did at Spurs, giving the opposition no respect, we can win. I still worry about Hughton''s words after the Fulham game where he said we are not as technically gifted etc.

If the 2nd team, which he has taken to Portugal, has a bad game tonight could play into our hands.

Crowd wouldn''t appreciate having a bad loss in Europe, now that they have got there.

We just need a result. This season is massive for us and it''s outcome will be equally so with regards to the future of our Club.

Whether it''s pretty, ugly, Hughton-esque or the Lambo way, just a decent result please. Any negative about Newcastle is encouraging. 

[quote user="Across The Pond Yellow"]^^^^ agreedI''d take the Ugliest, Luckiest, most undeserving win over a loss any day[/quote]

i wouldnt.

last thing i want is to go and watch a team week in week out that doesnt play football, ie West ham and Stoke

[quote user="city4eva"]

[quote user="Across The Pond Yellow"]^^^^ agreedI''d take the Ugliest, Luckiest, most undeserving win over a loss any day[/quote]

i wouldnt.

last thing i want is to go and watch a team week in week out that doesnt play football, ie West ham and Stoke

[/quote]

I don''t. Let''s survive this season at all costs. If we do, then we can start again to address the niceties of the beautiful game in our traditional style.

The Newcastle team was mainly fringe squad players away this week so I can''t see too much of an advantage to us from their trip. Even taking into account the Monday night game they are still big favourites.

But then Ba and his agent have been throwing their toys out of the pram, Cisse seems to have forgotten how to score, Pardew is still in the stands, and you never know which Ben Arfa will turn up. It may well be a very good time to get something from them.

I see no advantage to City, more like disadvantage by having to wait to play an additional day when the game was moved to accomodate Newcastle travelling......and they play their B team anyway meaning the game didnt really need to be moved......still fancy at least a point...