Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

James Vaughan Scores!

Vaughan has just scored fior Huddersfield.  He''s been very lively for Huddersfield in the first half, winning lots of flick ons and has just thundered a header into the net, the keeper stood no chance.

If only we had a striker like that[:(]

oh the irony if he scores the goals that gets Huddersfield promoted this season ,whilst we pass them in the other direction!?.............I''m sure we''re getting something out of this arrangement...I can''t think exactly just what it is at the moment?

It is clear to see why hughton wanted shot of him. He has been lively threatening made one goal and scored another. He clearly doesn''t fit into how hughton wants to play the game

Like it or not if he scores goals at Championship level and we continue to fail to score then these questions will keep being asked. As for him being unsettled that sounds complete tosh, As if a professional footballer would be happy to drop out of the PL to play Championship football.

Does anyone know whether there are any circumstances in which we can recall him?

I must admit I was a tad bewildered by our letting him go as I assumed that Chris Martin would have been first out of the door. Vaughan seemed to do quite well in our pre-season.

I caught it in the corner of my eye and thought he got the 3rd! Now waiting to see a replay

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Jesus, so nearly a hattrick, Vaughan''s 3rd goal disallowed by the lino[/quote]

Let''s not overdo it. He has scored one. Novak and Norwood scored the others. [:)]

Vaughan has scored 2 goals so far whilst on loan, one against Ipswich (he also missed a penalty) and one against Blackpool. Their defences aren''t even top-half of the championship quality, let alone Premier League quality. Don''t get ahead of yourself.

[quote user="Gareth"]Vaughan has scored 2 goals so far whilst on loan, one against Ipswich (he also missed a penalty) and one against Blackpool. Their defences aren''t even top-half of the championship quality, let alone Premier League quality. Don''t get ahead of yourself.[/quote]

Agreed, but their League positions are both top six if the result remains the same. Doesn''t that say something to you about attacking football?

As I have said before, we have no other strikers like Vaughan but four similar plus Jackson. It was a massive error to let him go and not replace him with a like striker.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Gareth"]Vaughan has scored 2 goals so far whilst on loan, one against Ipswich (he also missed a penalty) and one against Blackpool. Their defences aren''t even top-half of the championship quality, let alone Premier League quality. Don''t get ahead of yourself.[/quote]

Agreed, but their League positions are both top six if the result remains the same. Doesn''t that say something to you about attacking football?

[/quote]
It tells me that Blackpool still haven''t learnt how to defend, two years after that inability cost them their place in the Premier League.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]As I have said before, we have no other strikers like Vaughan but four similar plus Jackson. It was a massive error to let him go and not replace him with a like striker.[/quote]
We may not have had a choice in letting Vaughan go...

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

It tells me that Blackpool still haven''t learnt how to defend, two years after that inability cost them their place in the Premier League.

[/quote]

OK, let me explain it then. Attacking football means a potentially higher League position than defensive football. 

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK, let me explain it then. Attacking football means a potentially higher League position than defensive football. 

[/quote]

Or potentially lower....

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Yeah, because no defensive team has ever won anything that more offensive teams didn''t, who are the current Champions League holders again?

Attacking football doesn''t mean that... Attacking football means more attacking.

Chelsea got into a CL final, and won the final playing ultra defensive football. They probably could have won the league playing like that against the top teams.

Also, we are still playing attacking football. But now we have a competent defence, some people appear to be confusing competent defence with defensive football...

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, because no defensive team has ever won anything that more offensive teams didn''t, who are the current Champions League holders again?

[/quote]

So you think if Chelski played every Prem game in that style they used in Cup games they''d win the League ?  Personally, I think they''d be fortunate to be mid-table.