Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Our worse top flight start...EVER!

[quote user="Timmah"][quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Fans turned against Gunn and we got What''shisname?[;)][/quote]More a case of McNally taking out the trash[;)][/quote]

McNally! Now that is an interesting one. He''s never had to handle anything but unbelievable success since he''s been here. How long will it be before we hear McNally Out? How much good will has he banked from the fans? How long before he becomes an integral part of little ol'' Norwich?

[/quote]You know what you have just done, haven''t you?Oh well, it will give him a rest from Hughton / Delia bashing.[/quote]

But was Hughton a McNally appointment or was he Delia''s man?

Just asking.

[:|]

[/quote]No idea, you tell me.What I will say though is that Delia openly admitted that she had made mistakes in such things in the past, heart ruling head and all that, and stated she would be taking a back seat in such matters.I''m sure we can get a conspiracy theory out of this though, we should never let the truth get in the way.[Y]

Just read the story properly myself (rather than being lazy and relying on others) and I now realise the thread title should be "Our worst top flight points haul after six games ever", which unfortunately is not as dramatic at the thread title chosen by the OP. Not sure why the six match point has been chosen as the benchmark, particularly given that we went all decimal decades ago......

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Fans turned against Gunn and we got What''shisname?[;)][/quote]

More a case of McNally taking out the trash[;)]
[/quote]

McNally! Now that is an interesting one. He''s never had to handle anything but unbelievable success since he''s been here. How long will it be before we hear McNally Out? How much good will has he banked from the fans? How long before he becomes an integral part of little ol'' Norwich?

[/quote]

And there''s the rub. Hughton was very much McNally''s appointment, creating a bit of a conundrum for those who have deified our Chief Executive so far. If Hughton is such a disaster the buck stops at an inconvenient place.

[/quote]

Spot on, and that''s why Hughton will be given lots of time for good or bad.      

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Just read the story properly myself (rather than being lazy and relying on others) and I now realise the thread title should be "Our worst top flight points haul after six games ever", which unfortunately is not as dramatic at the thread title chosen by the OP. Not sure why the six match point has been chosen as the benchmark, particularly given that we went all decimal decades ago......[/quote]

six will soon be eight, then eight will be ten..........

[quote user="Timmah"]But was Hughton a McNally appointment or was he Delia''s man?[/quote]You should know the rules by now! If he succeeds, It''ll be down to McNally, If he fails, blame Delia......

Paul, at the beginning of the season, when you looked at the fixtures did you honestly, hand on heart, given our record over the years, think we would get anything at Chelsea or home to Arsenal?. I will be straight with you I expected to have around five/six points after our first eight games, we have three, personally not going to lose any sleep ath this point in time, nor will I wet my knickers if we lose the next two, happy for you to come back at me after say 14 games.......

There''s a thin line between good, and bad when we talk about football.In my opinion, had we won against West Ham / QPR rather than drawing, i believe 90% of the crap posted on here wouldn''t be. That''s a difference of 1 goal, equivilant to two points.That''s not to say there aren''t issues which need to be addressed - i think it''s time to play Wes regularly and go for the diamond formation - no reason why we can''t still be defensively solid enough with it (we have better defenders than last year). But it seems the usual brigade on here have thrown in the towel already - thank f*ck you''re not the manager/player/coaches!

[quote user="hogesar"]i think it''s time to play Wes regularly and go for the diamond formation.......[/quote]Last season when Lambert was trying all sorts of formations including the diamond, people were SCREAMING for 4-4-2. Now they''ve got it...........[;)]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Just read the story properly myself (rather than being lazy and relying on others) and I now realise the thread title should be "Our worst top flight points haul after six games ever", which unfortunately is not as dramatic at the thread title chosen by the OP. Not sure why the six match point has been chosen as the benchmark, particularly given that we went all decimal decades ago......[/quote]

This is the new sexagesimal system. Decimalisation was sooo 1970s[|-)]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

How can you say that with our fantastic recent record in that area?  Fans turned against Worthy and we got Grant. Fans turned against Grant and we got Roeder. Fans turned against Roeder and we got Gunn.

Who wants stability when we can have upheaval and the lottery of whether the next one works out any better? [;)]

[/quote]

Recent? Pah! "Recent" only for teens and pre-teens...

Recently fans turned against Lol Morgan and we got Ron Saunders and the top flight for the first time. Even more recently fans turned against Saunders and we got John Bond.

PS. Beau, do I get a gold star[*] for being the only person on this message-board who over the last three years has consistently vilified[8o|] McNally while the rest of you were deifying[A] him?[:P][;)][:P]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

How can you say that with our fantastic recent record in that area?  Fans turned against Worthy and we got Grant. Fans turned against Grant and we got Roeder. Fans turned against Roeder and we got Gunn.

Who wants stability when we can have upheaval and the lottery of whether the next one works out any better? [;)]

[/quote]

Recent? Pah! "Recent" only for teens and pre-teens...

Recently fans turned against Lol Morgan and we got Ron Saunders and the top flight for the first time. Even more recently fans turned against Saunders and we got John Bond.

PS. Beau, do I get a gold star[*] for being the only person on this message-board who over the last three years has consistently vilified[8o|] McNally while the rest of you were deifying[A] him?[:P][;)][:P]

[/quote]

You get no star from me Purple. But what you do get is the "smudger is our leader protest cloak" and you can lead the McNally Out March from the Murderers prior to the Arsenal game[Y]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Paul, at the beginning of the season, when you looked at the fixtures did you honestly, hand on heart, given our record over the years, think we would get anything at Chelsea or home to Arsenal?. I will be straight with you I expected to have around five/six points after our first eight games, we have three, personally not going to lose any sleep ath this point in time, nor will I wet my knickers if we lose the next two, happy for you to come back at me after say 14 games.......[/quote]

We haven''t played the games yet so who can say we will lose them. Every game has a chance to be won under Lambert, but not with negative strategies under Hughton, thus we have lost points when we could have picked them up. If Hughton changes strategy, I''m with him.  

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="hogesar"]i think it''s time to play Wes regularly and go for the diamond formation.......[/quote]

Last season when Lambert was trying all sorts of formations including the diamond, people were SCREAMING for 4-4-2. Now they''ve got it...........

[;)]
[/quote]

I want it, but with WINGERS and PACE !!!!

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="hogesar"]i think it''s time to play Wes regularly and go for the diamond formation.......[/quote]

Last season when Lambert was trying all sorts of formations including the diamond, people were SCREAMING for 4-4-2. Now they''ve got it...........

[;)]
[/quote]

I want it, but with WINGERS and PACE !!!!

[/quote]

You do plenty of whinging..

Oh, sorry, WINGERS....

what defines a start? 6 games? bit soon to be deciding that IMO.

if we beat chelsea (highly unlikely), will it still be our worst start? as we would of gotten a win in the first 7, and therefore done better than worthy in 7 games, points wise.

We won''t beat Chelsea or Arsenal - last season I thought we''d give them a game but not this. There was even a few minutes in the Chelsea game and even more minutes in the Arsenal game that you felt something incredible might happen. Not this. Real problem is I can''t see us beating Stoke or Reading either.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]We won''t beat Chelsea or Arsenal - last season I thought we''d give them a game but not this. There was even a few minutes in the Chelsea game and even more minutes in the Arsenal game that you felt something incredible might happen. Not this. Real problem is I can''t see us beating Stoke or Reading either.[/quote]

I can''t see you beating Stoke or Reading either. They both play in the Prem while your lot are languishing at the foot of the Chumpionship.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]We won''t beat Chelsea or Arsenal - last season I thought we''d give them a game but not this. There was even a few minutes in the Chelsea game and even more minutes in the Arsenal game that you felt something incredible might happen. Not this. Real problem is I can''t see us beating Stoke or Reading either.[/quote]

I think we could get a win, but not the way Hughton sets the team up.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

And thats the root core of the problem, our lads are up aganst it even before they step on to the pitch.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

They are up against it. From the likes of you.

You are a disgrace, nothing more to add.

And thats the root core of the problem, our lads are up aganst it even before they step on to the pitch.

[/quote]

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So how exactly will we set up against Chelsea?  Can you tell us the team just so as we can all share your insight?

You''re pathetic. Your assessments are based on the highlights you might catch on MOTD, you don''t go to games, you can''t listen to the radio, yet you spend your time on here doom mongering and trying to impart your worthless opinions on everyone. I can forgive Paul Moy, he thought Cody MacDonald was good so he clearly has problems, but you...

[quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

They are up against it. From the likes of you. You are a disgrace, nothing more to add.

[/quote][/quote]

I say what I feel is right and I don''t post to make friends like some do on here.........nothing more to add.

Apart from a worse goal difference and not being in bottom place, we''ve got identical results at this stage to Everton from 2 seasons ago - [url=http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/league-table.html?season=2010-2011&month=SEPTEMBER&timelineView=date&toDate=1285541999999&tableView=HOME_VS_AWAY]http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/league-table.html?season=2010-2011&month=SEPTEMBER&timelineView=date&toDate=1285541999999&tableView=HOME_VS_AWAY[/url].I''m sure at the time many Evertonians were down in the dumps and questioning Moyes''s team selection, tactics and style of football etc. But would they have fared better by sacking him and getting in Holloway?

[quote user="Timmah"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So how exactly will we set up against Chelsea?  Can you tell us the team just so as we can all share your insight?

You''re pathetic. Your assessments are based on the highlights you might catch on MOTD, you don''t go to games, you can''t listen to the radio, yet you spend your time on here doom mongering and trying to impart your worthless opinions on everyone. I can forgive Paul Moy, he thought Cody MacDonald was good so he clearly has problems, but you...

[/quote]

First mistake little Timmah,  I do get to games.

Second mistake, I can stream live away games through my puter............you stupid boy.

[quote user="JonnyH"]Apart from a worse goal difference and not being in bottom place, we''ve got identical results at this stage to Everton from 2 seasons ago - [url=http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/league-table.html?season=2010-2011&month=SEPTEMBER&timelineView=date&toDate=1285541999999&tableView=HOME_VS_AWAY]http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/league-table.html?season=2010-2011&month=SEPTEMBER&timelineView=date&toDate=1285541999999&tableView=HOME_VS_AWAY[/url].

I''m sure at the time many Evertonians were down in the dumps and questioning Moyes''s team selection, tactics and style of football etc. But would they have fared better by sacking him and getting in Holloway?
[/quote]

Moyes v Hughton, err okay. [:S]

Everton v City bank wise................

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Timmah"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Second mistake, I can stream live away games through my puter............you stupid boy.

[/quote]

You don''t go to games. I''d be surprised if you''ve ever set wheel inside Carrow Road.

You also didn''t mention what the team is or how they are setting up against Chelsea, which you clearly know as you are criticising it already.

[quote user="Timmah"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Timmah"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You don''t go to games. I''d be surprised if you''ve ever set wheel inside Carrow Road.

You also didn''t mention what the team is or how they are setting up against Chelsea, which you clearly know as you are criticising it already.

[/quote]

Are you on drugs lad?.............just asking.

Ah right so its the end of the world if someone insults you Wiz, but its fine for you to accuse someone of being a drug user.[:)]