Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Chelsea v Norwich City match thread

Just go for it, all out...that''s what I say. Playing like this I do think we''re gonna go down though. Just not good enough for the PL atm. Chelski are class, we must not forget, but...we can''t keep anyone at bay it seems.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="paul moy"]Reading winning at Swansea[/quote]

Swansea are in free fall

[/quote]

Said the wrestler as a three hundred pound man falls down on him from the top of the ropes.

I''m tired of seeing our players receive the ball, dwell on it with little support as 2 or 3 Chelsea players dispossess us. What''s happened to the fluid passing game Norwich have played over the years? Basic ball skills are poor, with little teamwork or effort. Overall I feel our midfield is the weak link here.

I thought I''d seen the worst of barnett, but boy that was something else.

Chelsea close us down immediately and we just stand off them, admiring them as if we are neutral spectators.  Every time Chelsea get the ball and get on the attack, it feels like a Quantum Leap ''oh boy'' moment[:S]

[quote user="BWs Cat"]Jesus Christ Barnnet, try not to make a mistake like that again![/quote]I think his time may be up. Give Bennet a go.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Chelsea close us down immediately and we just stand off them, admiring them as if we are neutral spectators.  Every time Chelsea get the ball and get on the attack, it feels like a Quantum Leap ''oh boy'' moment[:S]

[/quote]

That is 100% the problem I find my self screaming at the laptop get in to them!!

Shocking! Just shocking! Hughton needs to go I feel however I fear who will replace him!

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="BWs Cat"]Jesus Christ Barnnet, try not to make a mistake like that again![/quote]I think his time may be up. Give Bennet a go.[/quote]And again.

so an hour gone, 2 goals behind and "Clueless" Chris still hasnt made a substitution!!!! Sums him up, really!!!

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="BWs Cat"]Tettey on? Really? I thought he''s doing quite good.[/quote]Better than your grammar hopefully [;)]I thought he ran around like a headless chicken when he came on against Liverpool. Probably needs game time, but we can''t afford it sadly.[/quote]I was going to say he''s better second half, but he just played a woeful cross-field pass when we had some real pressure on Chelsea. [:(]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Budapest Canary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Defending is shocking![:@][/quote]Neither of  the three goals we conceded seemed really soft to me, rather the result of quality  touches by Chelski.The problem is we let them keep the ball in our half. 

[/quote]

I was referring to defending when we don''t have the ball, not literally just the defenders and our first third.....

[/quote]The way I see we try to narrow their space as best as we can. Going forward and opening up has its own risks. Chelski has plenty of quality players to win 1-on-1s, the question is if our other players are alert enough to provide help. I still think we ought to try to keep passing the ball around their half a bit more. It is not a must-win though.

[quote user="barclay_boy111"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Chelsea close us down immediately and we just stand off them, admiring them as if we are neutral spectators.  Every time Chelsea get the ball and get on the attack, it feels like a Quantum Leap ''oh boy'' moment[:S]

[/quote] That is 100% the problem I find my self screaming at the laptop get in to them!! Shocking! Just shocking! Hughton needs to go I feel however I fear who will replace him![/quote]

Isn''t this the natural consequence of CH giving out the vibes pre match that Little Old Norwich are so grateful to be on this elevate stage playing such a great side as Chelsea (and Tottenham and Liverpool)?

I miss PL''s attitude - we are here to win every game. It''ll be hard to do it but we deserve to be here.