Sign in to follow this  
Skerritt

Is Rhodes coming in???

Now that Vaughan has gone to Huddersfield, surely that must be part of a deal to get Rhodes in as I would class Vaughan as a first team player so to loan him out must mean there is something we get in return.

[quote user="Skerritt"]Now that Vaughan has gone to Huddersfield, surely that must be part of a deal to get Rhodes in as I would class Vaughan as a first team player so to loan him out must mean there is something we get in return.[/quote]

It might well mean (if Vaughan passes the medical) that Rhodes is going somewhere. But not necessarily to us.   

Vaughan hasn''t gone just yet.

But I really don''t want Rhodes. Everybody likes to bang on about how Rhodes scored 4 goals and how Rhodes was the top scorer blah blah blah. Well that''s what I think what part of the problem is. He''s not exactly a hidden gem is he? The amount of pressure on him will be massive, he won''t cope and he will be moaned about as most people do when player''s don''t live up to their hype.

As Purple said Rhodes is probably going but not necessarily to us; I would assume though that it does indicate that we have another striker lined up to come in.

Huddersfield wont speak to any club for less than £8 million. Even if value Vaughan at around £1 or 2 million. That still leaves another £6 million to find. Not sure about that to be honest.

I wrote this on another post somewhere the other day, my boss has a  friend who is a manager in one of the dept''s at CR he was right about Bassong, and he has said that we are after another striker, but it isn''t Rhodes, he couldnt get out of him who it is though, not even an inkling!!

Watch this space I guess.

I have to say I am another one who would prefer someone else than Rhodes to come to us, yes he is proven in the championship but can he make the step up? I dont know his history but how many season has he been playing well in the championship?? if its one, then I would like to see City sign a striker who has two or three years banging in the goals at a decent level and who is proven, yes it will cost money but with the new tv money next season it is worth investing now than missing out, Big gamble but surely worth it!

[quote user="Wiz"]1+1=5 my friend, although him and Holt 7up gets my pulse going.[/quote]

I think its the Aspartame that does that.

He is definately coming I just seen him in the frozen foods isle at Harford Bridge Tesco. In case anyone thinks I am making this up. He had 2 boxes of fish fingers and a frozen roast beef dinner and a tube of tutti fruiti ice cream.

[quote user="ting tong"]He is definately coming I just seen him in the frozen foods isle at Harford Bridge Tesco. In case anyone thinks I am making this up. He had 2 boxes of fish fingers and a frozen roast beef dinner and a tube of tutti fruiti ice cream.[/quote]

You had me up to the ice cream, Rhodes is more of a rum and raisin man, and he would not buy a tube of it, maybe a tub.

[quote user="ting tong"]He is definately coming I just seen him in the frozen foods isle at Harford Bridge Tesco. In case anyone thinks I am making this up. He had 2 boxes of fish fingers and a frozen roast beef dinner and a tube of tutti fruiti ice cream.[/quote]

That was Gary Rhodes...[:D]

With Delia in charge we probably have more chance of Gary Rhodes Purple!

Bethnal & I want Vaclav Kedlec from Sprata Prague!!!!!

It will be risky getting Rhodes in as he hasn''t even proven he can make it in the Championship, let alone the Premier League. I''d give him a fair chance though if he does come, but I don''t think he will. In pre season I really thought this was James Vaughan time to shine for us. But just because he has gone to Huddersfield doesn''t mean we''ll get Rhodes, maybe we are making space for another striker?

[quote user="Indy"]

With Delia in charge we probably have more chance of Gary Rhodes Purple!

Bethnal & I want Vaclav Kedlec from Sprata Prague!!!!!

[/quote]

I''d quite like Kadlec, good young player who has plenty of potential. Can play attacking mid or striker, seems a good Hoolahan back-up, and could eventually replace him. Seems a cheap option as well - about £3.5m I reckon.

He''s scored 4 goals in 6 games so far this season, and seems to be a regular starter though.

[quote user="Fletch"]I have to say I am another one who would prefer someone else than Rhodes to come to us, yes he is proven in the championship but can he make the step up? I dont know his history but how many season has he been playing well in the championship?? if its one, then I would like to see City sign a striker who has two or three years banging in the goals at a decent level and who is proven, yes it will cost money but with the new tv money next season it is worth investing now than missing out, Big gamble but surely worth it![/quote]

Is he? None!