Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Panic Stations Anyone?

No logic to most of these signings IMO unless we are fielding a 1-9-1 formationAre lunatics now running the madhouse?

It could also be seen as a 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-4. We have ATTACKING midfielders who can play further up the park if we have a solid central midfielder/s in front of the back 4.

I think every signing we''ve made adds either depth or quality. Players like Garrido, Boumsong and Tettey should be better than what we''ve already got. I have no complaints, and very much doubt that ''panic'' played a part, unless the club is run by the most anxious people in the world...

Needing a holding midfielder is fairly sound logic in my book, it was the case in the January window also.

Johnson & Fox were the only options, 1 is severely limited technically & one-paced whilst the other makes us tick but his lack of mobility & muscle causes the midfield to be overrun.

RuddyWhittaker Bassong Turner Garrido                 Tettey Snodgrass          Pilkington              Butterfield    Holt               MorisonThere you go a LAMBERT formation including all the new signings, that wasn''t so hard was it. Every signing makes perfect sense to meWhittaker - replaces Naughton and provides cover for whole defence and DM which we neededTurner - Provides experience at the back, which we neededBassong - Provides pace and power at the back and is a step up to all the other defenders, which we neededGarrido - Provides real competition to Tierney and is another step up in defence, which we neededTettey - The only DM in the team allowing the other midfielders to join the attack and takes pressure off the defence, which we neededSnodgrass - Comp for Bennett and is a player who takes on opposition and puts in good crosses a real step up, which we neededButterfield - A real lower league talent and the perfect understudy for Hoolahan who is getting old and can find the net, which we neededSo you can stick your "logic" you doom-mongerer

What absolute tosh.Most prem teams, indeed most teams in Europe, now play a 4231 or 433 formation.Both of those formations require 1 or 2 defensive, holding players.We have NONE of those types of player apart from possible Johnson, who is certainly not great at it and Fox who is a bit lightweight to break up play in front of the back four.It gies us options.Extending your footballing knowledge outside of carrow road might help.

Yes...I thought against Fulham some players who much prefer to be higher up the pitch had to sit too deep - bringing in Defensive Midfielders will free them up to play further forward.

[quote user="thenorthstand"]I think every signing we''ve made adds either depth or quality. Players like Garrido, Boumsong and Tettey should be better than what we''ve already got. I have no complaints, and very much doubt that ''panic'' played a part, unless the club is run by the most anxious people in the world...[/quote]

We signed Boumsong....that one slipped by me today......

[quote user="CarrowCanary"]

T..T!

why don''t you take your bull and support ip5wich

[/quote]Too far to walk mate and I would have to change a habit of 58 years.Whats your exscuse?

[quote user="kellybrook"]What absolute tosh.Most prem teams, indeed most teams in Europe, now play a 4231 or 433 formation.Both of those formations require 1 or 2 defensive, holding players.We have NONE of those types of player apart from possible Johnson, who is certainly not great at it and Fox who is a bit lightweight to break up play in front of the back four.It gies us options.Extending your footballing knowledge outside of carrow road might help.[/quote]Thanks, I shall make a point of re-reading my Stanley Matthews 1955 Football Annual.

Well now Rickyyyyyyyyyy, I reckon your "source" was probably on the run from the madhouse[;)] How many is it now?

I expect to see some more leave, don''t you?

And hopefully a striker in?

[quote user="super canary"][quote user="thenorthstand"]I think every signing we''ve made adds either depth or quality. Players like Garrido, Boumsong and Tettey should be better than what we''ve already got. I have no complaints, and very much doubt that ''panic'' played a part, unless the club is run by the most anxious people in the world...[/quote]

Ha. I''m very glad we haven''t. Slip of the fingers...

We signed Boumsong....that one slipped by me today......[/quote]

We have lost two forwards without any replacements so far. That gives me cause for concern.

The signings so far please me a lot.

[quote user="CarrowCanary"]

T..T!

why don''t you take your bull and support ip5wich

[/quote]

Can he sit next to you......

Even if that''s half a block away[:^)]

Think there''s a lot of thoughts in our signing, we needed new defenders

and we got some, needed a defensive MF and now we have. Just need to

sort out attacking and we''ll be alright.

My only concern is with new players coming in, will they be able to gel

quick enough? If all the new players start, we''d be losing a lot of our

core players that got us promoted and comfortably finishing 12th last

season.

But I''m keeping faith.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well now Rickyyyyyyyyyy, I reckon your "source" was probably on the run from the madhouse[;)] How many is it now?

I expect to see some more leave, don''t you?

And hopefully a striker in?

[/quote]The plan has gone out of the window due to the Fulham debacle Nigel.Thats why I question the logic of whats going on now.

[quote user="super canary"]Prozac........no Howson in your 11? HOW could you SON?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]He would be in mine every day of the week I was just proving to the OP that you can make an attacking team involving all the new signings.

"We signed Boumsong....that one slipped by me today...... "

we also signed Biglia according to the ''ever reliable sky tv

Ricardo

you are just making yourself look silly claiming that the three recent player signings were a reaction to the defeat at Fulham. It would have been virtually impossible to bring in Bassong so quick, it is not the way City work.

All the evidence was there that there would be squad changes. I cannot believe that anyone would think taht we would start with a 23 man squad.

You posted up what you heard about 4 players in good faith. You are certainly not a rumour monger or someone who has an axe to grind against the club so why not accept (as most of us have) that your post was made in good faith, and unfortunately turned out to be incorrect.

As Shakespeare said

''diggeth ye no more lest ye bury thy name''   Comedy of Errors Act 2 scene 3

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Didn''t Bassong or Hughton say that we started discussions around 3 weeks before we completed the transfer? It had nowt to do with Fulham.[/quote]

Yes. The only player we have signed who might - only might - have only been approached since Fulham is Tettey. And the likely quest for a striker was signalled by Hughton in pre-season.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Didn''t Bassong or Hughton say that we started discussions around 3 weeks before we completed the transfer? It had nowt to do with Fulham.[/quote]

Quite correct, that came from Bassong himself.

[quote user="City1st"]

"We signed Boumsong....that one slipped by me today...... "

we also signed Biglia according to the ''ever reliable sky tv

Ricardo

you are just making yourself look silly claiming that the three recent player signings were a reaction to the defeat at Fulham. It would have been virtually impossible to bring in Bassong so quick, it is not the way City work.

All the evidence was there that there would be squad changes. I cannot believe that anyone would think taht we would start with a 23 man squad.

You posted up what you heard about 4 players in good faith. You are certainly not a rumour monger or someone who has an axe to grind against the club so why not accept (as most of us have) that your post was made in good faith, and unfortunately turned out to be incorrect.

As Shakespeare said

''diggeth ye no more lest ye bury thy name''   Comedy of Errors Act 2 scene 3

[/quote]
Oh, I have lost my reputation! I have lost the immortal part of myself, and what remains is bestial.
 Othello, Act II, sc. 3

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]What I want to know Ricardo, is what your pussy has to say about all this!![/quote]Snowy saysCats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function.