Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Tonight's attendance.

I wasn''t there, but I''m pretty sure Radio Norfolk said just over 13k.

pretty good? No piss poor mate!!!! At a tenner a shot there should have been more!! and before people go on about unemployment and recession etc, I am unemployed and paid to go!!! Not impressed with what I saw TBH!!!

Completely agree with Baldyboy - aside from his last sentence.

It was tenner a ticket and a quid for kids. It''s so hard and so expensive to get tickets for league games that I''m really shocked our attendance wasn''t nearer to 20k. Maybe MK Dons put people off?

Eh? With our recent record in the cup, and playing a side with absolutely no link to us, 13k is pretty good, yes. For sure, it will be one of the higher attendances tonight.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

Completely agree with Baldyboy - aside from his last sentence.

It was tenner a ticket and a quid for kids. It''s so hard and so expensive to get tickets for league games that I''m really shocked our attendance wasn''t nearer to 20k. Maybe MK Dons put people off?

[/quote]

It was a pretty unimportant game in truth, along with unattractive opposition. Maybe it will look better by comparison with other attendances in the newspapers tomorrow.

It certainly didn''t look 13,000 more like 10,000. I''m a little embarrassed by the turnout considering how much "demand" for tickets against the "big teams" there is. Real Norwich fans go to see Norwich play, not the opposition whether it''s Man United or Scunthorpe.

Other PL sides attendances tonight: Stoke 9k v Swindon, West Ham 18k v Crewe, Swansea 9k v Barnsley, Villa 15k v Tranmere, QPR 6k v Walsall, Sunderland 22.8k v Morecambe.

We don''t fare too badly in that lot. I guess with tickets at £10 you might have hoped for a few more, but I don''t think 13k is that bad when you consider what happened to us in the Cups over recent seasons.

I''m not saying it was woeful, I''m just saying that with demand for tickets so high and the prices being relatively cheap, I personally was a little surprised that we ''only'' got 13k. I didn''t go to watch S****horpe, I went to go to The Rud and watch our boys in yellow. Plus I miss a good night-game now we''re in the Prem

....forget Reading were now PL! They got 7k V Peterborough.

Interestingly the beeb seems confused: says "Premier League sides Stoke, Fulham and Bolton are knocked out of te cup". They clearly know their stuff well!

It demonstrates that price is not solely the deciding factor.

To be fair, price is only one of many factors. I think people were rather ''burned'' by what happened against MK Dons and Leicester last season. I''m sure if we got a ''bigger'' side we''d see a bigger crowd, but it being and with those recent defeats/selections/performances in mind, you can''t blame people for stopping at home. And based on other attendances we didn''t fare too badly. For my part, I can do very few midweek games whoever it is we''re playing, but would be there if I could.

I was there, attendance was about 10k. A lot of families in attendance, must have been near 2k kids if not a few more.A few chavy teenagers and the weather girl and news reader from Anglia.... who disapeared at half time I might add ! Fair weather celeb fans !

[quote user="baldyboy"]pretty good? No piss poor mate!!!! At a tenner a shot there should have been more!! and before people go on about unemployment and recession etc, I am unemployed and paid to go!!! Not impressed with what I saw TBH!!!
[/quote]

Spot on baldboy, I was in usual seat and didn''t recognise any of those around me, Many a poster Bleat on about the ticket prices and couldn''t be bothered to attend for a £10er and Kids for a £1, I say one thing about Ticket prices put up or shut up, I live on a pension and still hold a season ticket and go to all home cup matches some away, Bet people can still find the money for fags and booze though, even if out of work. people like to come on here and cry about this and that but never bother to put hand in pocket and see the inside of Carrow road. 

went tonight and thought the turnout was quite respectable when you consider the oppiosition, the competition and our track record. I bet it was one of the better turn outs on the night

tuesday night game, I''m assuming many of our fans have jobs in the morning, and some have young kids, and some unemployed have more important things to spend a tenner on (plus transportation.) not to mention we''re fans of a club that tends to ignore the league cup. 

Certainly one of the better attendances on the night. I didnt go to the game. I just can''t get excited about the League Cup any more. For me it isnt that far removed from turning up to watch a reserve fixture or pre season friendly. As you know it will be a chance for the fringe players to get a run out. If that makes me less of a fan then so be it. I went to the Fulham and QPR games. I will be there at Spurs on Saturday.

Personally I would have liked to have seen the same back 4 as Saturday playing together yesterday. I know people might talk about tiredness and injuries. But I think giving them an extra 90 minutes to get used to each other could have been a very worthwhile exercise before the Spurs game.

Massive non-show from season ticket holders last night. Every seat for miles around me is taken by STs of many years standing. Apart from the peole I went with, I didn''t recognise a single face. All families and young kids (most of whom were asleep by the end). Perhaps becasue we''re now a "big team", Premiership fans don''t bother with "tin-pot competitions" like the League Cup. If you didn''t go last night, you take a long hard look at yourself in the mirrot, squint really hard, and try to ignore the FAIRWEATHER FAN sign over your head

Got to say the Scunthorpe section were making more noise with 40-50 lads at the top than most of Carrow Road. (When they fancied it).

I sat in Barclay B but wished i was over in the hotel corner now as it almost felt rude to shout!!

Not to mention that a good 20-30% of supporters had their heads looking backwards. That''s really offputting for me as it feels as though something is kicking off behind which made me kept looking back.

I know your clearly a troll Mungo, but incase anyone actually thinks that. Its a cup competition, I went, but every single club has much lower attendances. We were going to play a second string side, against Scunthorpe, in a cup competition we never bother with. How on earth can you blame people for not turning up?

Because REAL fans support the team and not just at lah-didah big time Premiership games where they can wet themselves about getting a glimpse og Stevie G or Rooney. I''ll put a question to you. Why are attendances bigger at Premiership games than at cup games against Scunthropre? Because the majority of "fans" (those who didn''t show up last night) are more interested in the opposition and their big stars than supporting Norwich City. FACT!

Because its a cup game... Its not like we suddenly gained 1000s of fans moving up from League One and the Championship.

Your opinion, is not a fact. If you think it is, then your a very very stupid person. And the fact attendance''s are no more than a couple thousand higher than League One throws your ''fact'' right out the window...

If I lived in or close to Norwich I''d have gone, but I''m not going to take a halfday off work and not get home until gone midnight for an early round League Cup match.  Maybe if we reach the later rounds I''ll go, pure glory hunter style, but can''t justify it for the early rounds.

Dead right, Matt - I''m in a similar position normally, being in Surrey, though this week we''re in Yorkshire so even further away. If not being able to go to midweek games makes me fair weather then so be it, but it costs me £50-£60 in fuel alone to go to a home game + a half day for midweek matches (and a rather late night).

If you really wanted to you could probably point a finger at those living in Norwich and suggest they ''should'' have gone, but even that is pushing it a bit for me. People are entitled to do what they like and will have learned from the debacle that was last seasons effort in the League Cup and acted accordingly.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I know your clearly a troll Mungo, but incase anyone actually thinks that. Its a cup competition, I went, but every single club has much lower attendances. We were going to play a second string side, against Scunthorpe, in a cup competition we never bother with. How on earth can you blame people for not turning up?[/quote]

"Against Scunthorpe" Why should the opposition matter? When I go to Carrow Road, I go to see Norwich play not the opposition no matter who it is.

Of course the opposition matters. You can try and pretend your some kind of super fan because you don''t care about any other team. Its a cup game, against a rubbish team, its not a very attractive fixture. Now if we tried in the cup (which we didn''t last night, wasn''t a very competitive game), people would relish playing lower opposition, but because we are rubbish in the cup, why would people want to watch us potentially play poorly or lose to a team such as Scunthorpe.

As I said, I went last night, as I have gone to every home cup game in recent memory. But doesn''t mean everyone has to. I like watching Norwich regardless of who we are playing, but if I had a choice of watching Norwich vs Scunthorpe or Norwich vs Man.U, i''d chose the latter. Not because I want to watch Man.U, but because I want to watch Norwich play that better team, beating Scunny is meaningless, no disrespect intended but they are way below our current level, we should want to watch our team matching or beating the better teams.

Well said Messiah! Real fans go to support and see Norwich play irrespective of the opposition. This brings to mind the shameful scenes against Liverpool last season when supposed Norwich fans gave a standing ovation to Gerrard when he was subbed. Star-struck buffons.