Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Fulham accept bid from Villa for Dempsey

I can''t see him going there, i''m sure Liverpool will pull their finger out and get him. 7 million deems a decent price when you consider how much Rhodes went for, i guess the wages would be crippling.

Liverpool,Dempsey,Rhodes,Aston Villa.........How exactly does this relate to Norwich City at this moment in time ?

well if villa can....

That is Jol getting him off their books.

Good on them, would be a great signing. Theyve signed a striker from Chesterfield and a midfielder from Charlton, could imagine them over the moon with that.

Thought the whole point of Dempsey leaving Craven Cottage was to join a club with Champions League aspirarations*? Villa, I don''t think so this season...

*Spelling Police, help me out here

Rumour:

Villa to sign Dempsey for £7m

Reality:

"Villa boss Paul Lambert has confirmed that a deal for Chesterfield striker Jordan Bowery is "nearly done", with the 21-year-old set to complete a £500,000 move plus add-ons." - BBC

Why did he leave? looks like the same situation he would have been in at Norwich!

Never heard of Jordan Bowery, but, knowing Lambert''s nous when it comes to picking out little lower league gems, I am inclined to think he might be a better bet than CMS.

No actually not! Lambo seems to be making a lot of bad decisions lately. Perhaps his purple patch is finished.

How does the transfer activity of two of our rivals, one player who we had been loosely rumoured to be interested in, and one of the better players outside of the ''big'' clubs (who, of course will be playing against us for one team or another at some point of the season) relate to Norwich City? Isn''t that fairly obvious?

Glad to see he won''t be going there. Would have been a sideways move at the very best.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Liverpool,Dempsey,Rhodes,Aston Villa.........How exactly does this relate to Norwich City at this moment in time ?

[/quote]

I''m with you on this Aggy.

I don''t think that I would visit this Board, or post on it, nearly as much if it were "Strictly come Norwich." others like Til disagree, fair enough.

I quite enjoy being nosey about other clubs, particularly if there is an edge to matters as there is with Aston Villa. I, personally, requiesce in their lack of aggrandisement and enjoy reading about it. Human nature, after the events of the Summer, I should think. 

For similar reasons I enjoy popping onto Tractor Boys on a daily basis, for a little nose and a contemptuous smirk (as in today''s raptured reception of a Peterborough nobody as a new striker at some cost,) although I have never posted. As a budgie I would get short shrift in any case.

They are a pretty parochial bunch on there and confine themselves to matters Ipswich more than most boards, although not always of course. The problem with this is that the board often comes to a complete halt and when moving becomes the sole property of a small and very limited cliquey bunch of geeks.

In sum, I much prefer the wider view of the Game as is evident on the Pink, and it keeps it moving to my general enjoyment. 

Villa are a car crash club, diced with relgation last year, good bet to go down this year. Norwich is the ONLY plus point on Lambert''s CV, at his other clubs he was average at best. He''ll be sacked by christmas. No wonder Dempsey doesn''t fancy the move. He''d be better off at Carrot Rud.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]I had to admit Dempsey turning them down made me laugh :D[/quote]

Yep, made me smile too.

I''d go as far as to say Lambert''s tenure at Norwich will be the longest he has anywhere in the whole of his career.