Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

James Nursey - Twitter

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Mackie doesn''t score enough. Wouldn''t be the difference in keeping us up.[/quote]

Has been played on the wing a lot hence less goals than he should have. When played up front he has scored for them and he did get a load for them up front in Champs

[quote user="York Canary"]

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Mackie doesn''t score enough. Wouldn''t be the difference in keeping us up.[/quote]

Has been played on the wing a lot hence less goals than he should have. When played up front he has scored for them and he did get a load for them up front in Champs

[/quote]

I say a load of goals, but it was 8 goals in 7 matches apparently and then a bit of a drought and a double-leg break! Good job I''m not in charge eh

I would say good winger, not a striker. one of the very few at QPR who actualy does care and isn''t there to pick up £50,000 a week to sit on the bench, Rob Green, SWP, Andy Johnson, Ryan Nelsen etc etc.

I have a feeling we will sign more than one player today. No actual knowledge of any deals. Just a feeling.

Clive Platt & Sibierski anyone?

[quote user="SuperZakWhitbread"]Does anyone actually think James Nursey is in the know as much as he likes to think he is ?He actually speaks to Hughton and players face to face, so id gather he''s one of the better sources [/quote]

If we weren''t in the hunt for anyone today, you''d think the club would be kind enough to tell us our business is over, wouldn''t you? To save our usual disappointment.

Well, Hughton kind of spelled it out in the story on the home page.

Basically, we are in for a player (or maybe more than one) but it will only come off if the deal suits both clubs. I like the fact with McNally in charge we won''t get hold to ransom over deals!

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]If we weren''t in the hunt for anyone today, you''d think the club would be kind enough to tell us our business is over, wouldn''t you? To save our usual disappointment.[/quote]

doesnt make any sense to tell us anything

If Hughton and McNally are not involved in any player discussions, surely it would be kind to us to say "And Alex Tettey was our final signing of this window" or something. Just so I don''t have to continually press refresh over and over again.

Ha Clive Platt i remember that, was really hoping that didn''t happen, he''s at Northampton now. I think we signed Wilbraham instead.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]If Hughton and McNally are not involved in any player discussions, surely it would be kind to us to say "And Alex Tettey was our final signing of this window" or something. Just so I don''t have to continually press refresh over and over again.[/quote]

Only, we''ve signed Mark Bunn since...[:)]

[quote user="York Canary"]I heard its Jamie Mackie.[/quote]Wouldn''t have been my first choice, but definitely a much better option than CMS and a player who at least has prem experience.

What I can''t make out is we have no real concrete rumours either. Like Bennett in the last window, our signing(s) will come out of the blue.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]If we weren''t in the hunt for anyone today, you''d think the club would be kind enough to tell us our business is over, wouldn''t you? To save our usual disappointment.[/quote]

If they were prepared to let Morison go, they must be confident someone is coming in.

We can only hope, mate. Letting another striker go makes me think we are in the market for a couple of players. A hunch I had earlier today. With no concrete knowledge, granted. Just a hunch.

so people would be happy for us to sign sicknote Owen but not Fraser Campbell because of his injuries in the past? No logic to that at all!!

other than owen has not been injured for the last 18 months,  but kept out of a half decent manure side by better strikers.

We are all clueless on whats happening - but morison being offered suggests someone decent being lined up

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]other than owen has not been injured for the last 18 months,  but kept out of a half decent manure side by better strikers.[/quote]This.And the fact that Owen was an international class striker who''s scored goals for fun at virtually every club he''s been at, whereas Campbell wasn''t good enough to displace players like Macheda and Bebe from Man Utd''s thinking, and why he only cost Sunderland a relatively low 3.5 million (rising to 6 if he ever performs or even plays more than a game a year), for a player of such class...Maybe it''s Campbell''s hugely impressive goal every 9.4 games for Sunderland that''s impressing some fans......

ps - does not mean that I think signing owen is my preference,  he would represent a gamble, but less so than some names suggested. 

Something is stopping Owen from going to Stoke. They''ve made many offers to him. If we are in the hunt for him (which I doubt) then no rush to complete deal today. He''s a free agent.

James Nursery has just tweeted that Hughton does like the look of Cameron Jerome but apparently has someone else lined up. He doesn''t know who though!