Sign in to follow this  
Crispy

BBC name two Norwich players in team of the week

Garth Crooks names Russel Martin & Robert Snodgrass in team of the week ....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19460157

Now I know we all love to hate on the BBC & MOTD but I really couldn''t care less. They don''t even really have an opinion, they just rattle off what the producers think the general public will lap up the most, we shouldn''t get offended !!! The show isn''t for us Norwich fans, it''s for the arm chair supporter who knows nothing past whatever team is scoring the most goals & has the biggest stars.

I couldn''t care less either Crispy[Y]

And I wouldn''t want Garth Crooks anywhere near picking our team.

I''d rather trust Garth Brooks[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I care.

And I''m glad for them both. Expect they''re a little chuffed too.

You have an unfortunate trust deficit in certain matters, buddy.

OTBC

Garth Crooks is nuttier than you Nigel, but he often selects one of our players in the team of the week thing.

This shows that he looks a bit deeper into things and beyond the top-six clubs or their other favourites.

The failure to do this is what irritates most of us about the MotD crowd.

Two out of eleven? "Well done Garth," say I. However meaningless it might be, it does give our players a bit of decent recognition and encouragement. I''m happy for RM in particular, Snoddy will be in there a few times this season, I would guess and hope.

MOTD highlights also shows that Bradley Johnson put in a good performance, so wonder how close he was to making selection also?

I don''t think they could turn a blind eye! Our performance was great and there were several great performances from city players. Snodgrass and Johnson being the pick of them. But Martin was good too and he showed the spirit we had on saturday. I am proud to have been at White Hart Lane!!! If one team deserved to win...it was City!

The fact BJ isn''t even mentioned makes me question the validity of any of this ''team of the week'' stuff! He was simply everywhere; blocking, running, passing, shooting & showing leadership the whole game. Football''s all about opinions I suppose!...

But here lies the problem Mustard. We''ve got 2 players in, and you think there should be a third at least mentioned? So that means that you think 3 of the best 11 players from 18 sides in action this weekend were from Norwich City. Don''t you think the other teams in the division might think that was a bit harsh on their players, given that we only got a point after all? What about other teams where their players made a huge impact in getting 3 points?

Team of the Week has always been, and will always be, simply the three strikers that scored the most goals over the weekend, the three midfielders who scored one each and the defenders who might have kept a clean sheet or made a good tackle on MotD.

Crooks is a mug and the Team of the Week has no bearing at all on what actually happened

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I care.

And I''m glad for them both. Expect they''re a little chuffed too.

You have an unfortunate trust deficit in certain matters, buddy.

OTBC

[/quote]

I know you like me (I know you do)[:$][U]

But this isn''t about me and my ishoooooos...

How many games do ya reckon Garthy watched when selecting his team?

If he was at the game against your spurs why didn''t he just select a team of the match?

[8]Hey I didn''t mean to cause a big scene just give me an
hour and then, I''ll be as high as that Ivory Tower and you''ll
never know.......

Not sure how Gibbs and Mertesacker made the team, the Arsenal lads were rarely well tested by Liverpool with Gibbs getting no real threat from Borini and Mertesacker being able to double up with the Verminator to cover Suarez.If Crooks had done a 3-5-2 instead, he could have dropped Gibbs for B.Johnson who clearly had a better game than either of the Arsenal defenders...

A very wierd match report of our game by gary Jacob in the Times today gives Russell Martin 5/10, the lowest score for our side and has a good go at Friedel. The whole article, which is mainly devoted to matters Spurs naturally, is titled "Time catches up with Brad Friedel." It blames the veteran ''keeper for the loss of two points because of his reluctance to come off his line, or words to that effect.

Very wierd reporting and entirely wide of the mark IMO. It seems that he might well be a Spurs reporter as he approaches the game from an unusual and almost insider''s angle.

Shame on you Times.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Not sure how Gibbs and Mertesacker made the team, the Arsenal lads were rarely well tested by Liverpool with Gibbs getting no real threat from Borini and Mertesacker being able to double up with the Verminator to cover Suarez.If Crooks had done a 3-5-2 instead, he could have dropped Gibbs for B.Johnson who clearly had a better game than either of the Arsenal defenders...[/quote]
Gibbs was absolute class, he made plenty of runs up the wing and putting in good crosses.
He was my secret desire to fill our LB spot 

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"]Gibbs was absolute class[/quote]Talk about OTT...His primary job is to deal with their right winger and frankly Borini was so poor, he didn''t really need to defend much which enabled him to push up more, but even then his crosses were invariably overhit, and at one point Giroud motioned to him to keep them down as they were simply too high, too long - or both.[quote]He was my secret desire to fill our LB spot [/quote]Would have been an excellent signing, as he has the pace that Garrido doesn''t, but Garrido has been so assured and confident defensively I just couldn''t drop him in favour of Gibbs greater pace, on current form Garrido is the superior defender.

Well Dublin said on MOTD3 that Snodgrass was top 5 in his best Summer signings list. Think people are sometimes a bit harsh on MOTD here and believe there''s a personal vendetta going on. It''s more to do with hatred towards Lawrensen and Shearer directly it seems. I''ve heard Alan Hansen be positive about us from time to time, as has Lineker. We need to get over they all hate us thing.

[quote user="Michael Starr"]Well Dublin said on MOTD3 that Snodgrass was top 5 in his best Summer signings list. Think people are sometimes a bit harsh on MOTD here and believe there''s a personal vendetta going on. It''s more to do with hatred towards Lawrensen and Shearer directly it seems. I''ve heard Alan Hansen be positive about us from time to time, as has Lineker. We need to get over they all hate us thing.[/quote]I''d agree that it''s usually aimed more towards Shearer and particularly Lawernson, but it''s rare that we get extended highlights or any sort of meaningful analysis of our players and performance - regardless of which pundits are on, which is very much down to the MOTD producers and not the pundits.Teams like ourselves and WBA just seem to get less ''respect'' from MOTD, whereas other sides seem to be constantly a focal point of discussion...