Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk canary

Doncaster date

Pencilled in for Tuesday 25th September - I assume prices and details announced once they have been agreed between the two Clubs.

I read something about it possibly being on Wednesday 26th. Our game with NUFC on the previous weekend may be moved to Sunday, because they are playing in Europa League on the Thursday. So I''m leaving both evenings free until we hear for certain.

Well, the calendar on my wall says Wednesday 26th, but it says that for the Scunthorpe game as well (Wednesday). I think it would probably be the Wednesday... I hope we find out soon so I can make myself free if it is the tuesday...

It is ridiculous that we presumably can;t decide the date because we are still waiting for a decision on when the newcastle game will be played. How are any fans supposed to plan their travel/accomodation when newcastle have still not made a decision with not much more than 2 weeks until the game. This should not be allowed and Mcnally or someone needs to step in and force the issue. We will end up with hardly any fans at St James''s which will just give them more of a home advantage.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]It is ridiculous that we presumably can;t decide the date because we are still waiting for a decision on when the newcastle game will be played. How are any fans supposed to plan their travel/accomodation when newcastle have still not made a decision with not much more than 2 weeks until the game. This should not be allowed and Mcnally or someone needs to step in and force the issue. We will end up with hardly any fans at St James''s which will just give them more of a home advantage.[/quote]It''s a total joke, makes my job sorting out the Capital Canaries travel almost impossible.

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="Jim Smith"]It is ridiculous that we presumably can;t decide the date because we are still waiting for a decision on when the newcastle game will be played. How are any fans supposed to plan their travel/accomodation when newcastle have still not made a decision with not much more than 2 weeks until the game. This should not be allowed and Mcnally or someone needs to step in and force the issue. We will end up with hardly any fans at St James''s which will just give them more of a home advantage.[/quote]It''s a total joke, makes my job sorting out the Capital Canaries travel almost impossible.
[/quote]

Norwich City have a supporters liason officer called Stephen Graham on 01603 760760 ext.2255.This is exactly what he should be looking at on behalf of NCFC fans but then again my opinion is everybody is now regarded as a customer number and not a fan.This unfortunately is a downside of the McNally revolution. 

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="Jim Smith"]It is ridiculous that we presumably can;t decide the date because we are still waiting for a decision on when the newcastle game will be played. How are any fans supposed to plan their travel/accomodation when newcastle have still not made a decision with not much more than 2 weeks until the game. This should not be allowed and Mcnally or someone needs to step in and force the issue. We will end up with hardly any fans at St James''s which will just give them more of a home advantage.[/quote]It''s a total joke, makes my job sorting out the Capital Canaries travel almost impossible.[/quote]

Matt - I see McNally has replied to a fan on twitter saying likely to be Sunday but kick off time still to be confirmed. Wonder why it is taking so long to agree the kick off time?

Thanks for the update Jim. They''ve rescheduled their game against West Ham in November to the Sunday at 3pm so I don''t see why ours wouldn''t be the same given neither are on TV. (Though I also don''t see why they can confirm a game for November and not one for September, unless it''s us dragging our heels?)

Didn''t we have a situation with Stoke last season where they wanted a later Sunday kick-off but we insisted on it being early? Could be a similar thing going on.

I''ve been chatting with Tim Allman who posts on here and he believe it could easily be Newcastle want 4pm, City are requesting an earlier k/o citing distance for fans to travel etc., so now it''s gone to the Premier League for them to make the decision.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I''ve been chatting with Tim Allman who posts on here and he believe it could easily be Newcastle want 4pm, City are requesting an earlier k/o citing distance for fans to travel etc., so now it''s gone to the Premier League for them to make the decision.
[/quote]

If all that is being argued over is what time on Sunday for the Newcastle game then NCFC ought to be able to announce that the Doncaster game will be in the Wednesday.

Just a theory about the time change as Newcastle played Villa at home last weekend and it was 4.00pm and they also had a Europa League match on Thursday.

The Capital Canaries have had e-mails from Matt quite some time ago about the Newcastle game, warning us about buying advance tickets and then more emails asking us if we wanted to go to the game so he could buy a block of the cheapest available advance tickets for the trip as soon as the kick off time /date was announced.

Meanwhile we’ve heard nothing and the chances are that the prices of a train ticket will be getting more expensive, and Matt’s unpaid job gets a great deal more complicated.

As a comparison have a look here

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/matches/2012-2013/epl.tv-radio.html/southampton-vs-norwich

Is this the prize in a competition on www.hunkyfootballchiefexecs.co.uk ?

brrrr, the very thought....

Confused the hell out of me when i went online and saw that there''s very few tickets left... I had to double check i wasn''t on the West Ham match.

After reading the link here, i just realised that the season ticket holders seats are reserved for a week.

Think i''ll give it a week to get a nice view.

So pleased it''s reduced prices again.

Reading the title of this thread made me shudder with the thought of the subject being the seedy details of a young ladys night out with our esteemed ex-chief exec...

Flecky, you fell into the read the rest of thread before you post trap. Don''t worry I''ve done it too.