Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

boos?

There was clear booing when our first sub was made. Any ideas what it was for?? My impression was disappointment at Jackson coming off as he was looking like our most likely scorer, but was it that or Holt staying on or morison coming on? Any views?

The boos were clearly because the lively Jackson was the one being substituted and not Holt who was clearly having an off day. The boos weren''t for Morison because when he came on to the pitch he was given a cheer.

Jackson wasn''t actually that wonderful either... He had a couple of shots, one pretty good one. Was offside about 5 times, what else did he do?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Jackson wasn''t actually that wonderful either... He had a couple of shots, one pretty good one. Was offside about 5 times, what else did he do?[/quote]Stretched the defence allowing Snodgrass and Surman to cut inside and played off the shoulders of the CBs making sure they couldn''t relax. Yeah I guess he didn''t do a lot. Idiot.

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Jackson wasn''t actually that wonderful either... He had a couple of shots, one pretty good one. Was offside about 5 times, what else did he do?[/quote]Stretched the defence allowing Snodgrass and Surman to cut inside and played off the shoulders of the CBs making sure they couldn''t relax. Yeah I guess he didn''t do a lot. Idiot.[/quote]

Give Peas a Chance likes this

[quote user="Mark Fotheringham City Legend"]Most of the boos were West Ham fans booing at Morison. Former Millwall and that.[/quote]

No they werent

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I think the booing was because Jackson was being subbed - Ginge, at least two of the Jackson offsides were the wrong decision by the eagle eyed lino (who unfortunately his eyesight was not so good for the penalty shouts)......[/quote]Based on what? I watched the game on a stream and every replay I saw showed that every decision was correct, ESPECIALLY the "penalty".

I think it was just the crowd showing their displease at Jackson being taken off. The game changed when he came off, I thought, and not for the better.

Definately Norwich fans booing at the rather bizarre decision to take Jackson off.  I don''t know what game Hughton was watching but Jackson looked our best attacking threat and not at all tired.  Holt on the other hand.......

The boos were defo because of Jackson being taken off. Should have been Holt for Morrison and left Jacko up font. He was playing well and causing the West Ham defenders trouble with his pace and dropping off defenders.

As for the offsides, from my position in the upper Barclay they looked very tight and in some cases like the linesman had made the wrong call.

IMHO the game was crying out for Hoolahan to provide the creativity that seemed to be lacking in the midfield second half.

Frustrating afternoon, would like to see us beating teams like QPR and West Ham at home. Tougher teams will come to Carrow Road. Still at least the defence kept a clean sheet and looked fairly solid.

------Jackson wasn''t actually that wonderful either... He had a couple of shots, one pretty good one. Was offside about 5 times, what else did he do?>Stretched the defence allowing Snodgrass and Surman to cut inside and played off the shoulders of the CBs making sure they couldn''t relax. Yeah I guess he didn''t do a lot. Idiot.-----

You gave your opinion so there was no need to end with "idiot", idiot.

(these bloody non-matching quotes get on my flipping nerves)

Really weird to hear boos.  I thought some were coming from the West Ham supporters.    Why would Norwich fans boo - because Jackson was taken off?   He''s been travelling all week, had a good match, obviously tiring - so a change to freshen up the strikers.  Are the moronic section of the Norwich fans really so fickle they were booing because it was Jackson going off instead of Holt??    Are they that twisted?  

Like I say it sounded like the West Ham fans booing.    I would prefer to think that was the case - either that or some of our fans have lost the plot.

LDC, I''n not condoning the booing and I wasn''t a part of it but did you actually watch the match?Jackson didn''t looked at all tired, Holt looked tired after 10 mins.  Jackson looked very lively, Holt looked pretty dreadful.  West Ham had 2 large centre backs who are very good in the air, not so good on the ground and against pace.When Moro came on for Jackson, the game died a death as the ball spent the next 10 mins in a prolonged game of head tennis.  I don''t recall us creating a chance during this period.  Things improved marginally when Kane came on and we started playing the ball on the ground again.This isn''t an anti-Holt thread as I love the guy and he will come good but based on the performance of the strikers yesterday and the way the game was being played, it was clear to everyone in the ground (apart from Hughton) which striker should have come off.

Why anyone should try to work out who these morons were booing is beyond me. The player coming off will automatically assume they are booing him. Likewise, the player coming on. The manager too will have his confidence undermined bearing in mind, this is only his second home game and already the crowd are getting on his back. And what about the rest of the players, how is booing going to get them to play better? So, come on then, tell us who YOU were booing and how that was going to be beneficial to the team!

[quote user="Clint"]LDC, I''n not condoning the booing and I wasn''t a part of it but did you actually watch the match?

[/quote]

No,  I   closed my eyes and pretended.................................look to me the booing came from the other side of the ground where the opposing fans were and started as soon as Morison appeared, before Jackson went off.    If any of our own fans booed it was probably because  they jumped on the bandwagon and thought ooh they''re booing the substitution, lets join in..........................

LDC, I asked if you watched the MATCH not if you watched which part of the ground was booing.I was referring to your statement regarding Jackson''s tiredness.  If he looked tired to you and you felt this was the correct sub, then I suggest you obviously weren''t paying that much attention.  I would try and watch the game properly next time, perhaps with your eyes open, you might have a more well informed opinion.I''m assuming you were at the match?

[quote user="Clint"]LDC, I asked if you watched the MATCH not if you watched which part of the ground was booing.I was referring to your statement regarding Jackson''s tiredness.  If he looked tired to you and you felt this was the correct sub, then I suggest you obviously weren''t paying that much attention.  I would try and watch the game properly next time, perhaps with your eyes open, you might have a more well informed opinion.I''m assuming you were at the match?[/quote]

Have you ever travelled thousands of miles in a plane across the world and back again in one week?   Is it not reasonable to suppose that there may bit of tiredness creeping in to a player, whether it is physical or mental.   What some people seem to think is that they are the only ones that can be right.  Oh, I forgot, you know better than Hughton.   A player like Jackson who expends more energy than most - and given the week he had - did very well yesterday - and subbing him was sensible. 

As for paying attention, I was concentrating hard, as always.  I think you need to get over yourself.Oh, and I''ve already said I was there yesterday.  Get over that, too.