Sign in to follow this  
Kirby_86

This month's Four Four Two with the pre-season preview....

1. Man City

2. Man United

3. Spurs

4. Arsenal

5. Chelsea

6. Liverpool

7. Newcastle

8. Everton

9. Sunderland

10. Aston Villa

11. Stoke City

12. Fulham

13. QPR

14. NORWICH CITY

15. West Ham

16. Wigan

17. Southampton

18. Reading

19. West Brom

20. Swansea

Few weird ones in there for me but you never know...

The last time I bought one of these Four Four Two previews was the 2005/2006 season. Norwich City boosted by the quality signings of Peter Thorne and Dean Marney were going to power their way to the Championship title. What in reality happened was rather different.

Actually, last year, fourfourtwo predicted we would finish...

12th.

Well done guys (and girls)!

I also remember before the season started Terry Butcher got ridiculed for saying Norwich and Swansea would be comfortable, and even push for top half...

Top punditary!

[quote user="youngriles"]Actually, last year, fourfourtwo predicted we would finish... 12th. Well done guys (and girls)! I also remember before the season started Terry Butcher got ridiculed for saying Norwich and Swansea would be comfortable, and even push for top half... Top punditary![/quote]

Wrong. I have last years Four Four Two in front of me the prediction was 14 th. (page 7).

how accurate were the other positions

any serious ''mistakes'' (errors of judgement, do keep up with the hip young things daddio)

certainly doubt they had Newcastle where they finished

[quote user="Jacko"]The last time I bought one of these Four Four Two previews was the 2005/2006 season. Norwich City boosted by the quality signings of Peter Thorne and Dean Marney were going to power their way to the Championship title. What in reality happened was rather different.[/quote]

To be fair, Dean Marney was one of our better players that year before he got injured.

[quote user="shiplee15"]1. Man City 2. Man United 3. Spurs 4. Arsenal 5. Chelsea 6. Liverpool 7. Newcastle 8. Everton 9. Sunderland 10. Aston Villa 11. Stoke City 12. Fulham 13. QPR 14. NORWICH CITY 15. West Ham 16. Wigan 17. Southampton 18. Reading 19. West Brom 20. Swansea Few weird ones in there for me but you never know...[/quote]

Spurs third? Really? Two places above Chelsea? Really?

This must have been written by a Spurs fan.

But I''m glad to see they have been realistic with us. From an objective perspective I can genuinely see us finishing there. But definitely not Swansea at the bottom. That''s ridiculous. We''ll do well to finish above them.

Swansea could easily crash this season. New manager, who has no experience in this league (as far as I know), they''ve lost their best player from the second half of the season, and they are likely to lose Allen. They could go either way.

re Swansea - they haev also lost a virtually ever present CB in Caulker, had pre-season disrupted by the Olympics and most of their signings are foreigners who can be hit or miss. Certainly a few danger signs, but who knows?