21. Jacob Butterfield

22. Elliott Ward

23. Marc Tierney

24. Ryan Bennett

25. Chris Martin

26. Simon Lappin

31. Jed Steer

No number has yet be given to our new loanee

Smith, Francomb or Adeyemi aren''t on the list although their numbers are still free.

Yeah, the list only shows the 25 players submitted to the league. Obviously Garrido will be added to that list

I hope people weren''t shafted with the free shirt-printing!

Anyway, very interesting that number 5 is free and hasn''t gone to R Bennett. Appears another centre-half is on his way (unless of course, it''s going to the new King of Spain). Vaughan and Morison shifted down the pecking order but not as substantially as Lappin, C Martin or Smith

I thought there would be some changes, I don''t think Vaughan seemed that please from his response on twitter... I''ve just got to decide between Howson & Snodgrass, decisions, decisions!

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Come in Number 25. You''re time is up.[/quote]

"Your." Sorry Chris, an unecessary dig. I don''t see that it matters one iota however. although GH has made sure he has the legendary no. 9.

[quote user="AJ"]Yeah, the list only shows the 25 players submitted to the league. Obviously Garrido will be added to that list[/quote]

Unless I''ve misunderstood this isn''t the 25-man squad list to be submitted to the PL. I imgaine it is a coincidence there are 25 names on it, as Rudd and Steer don''t count to the 25. Not only are there two obvious (there could be more) spare numbers - 5 and 18- but there are -if no-one leaves - two spare places. Presumably, as others have said, Garrido is one. But another arrival might be indicated.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

I hope people weren''t shafted with the free shirt-printing!

Anyway, very interesting that number 5 is free and hasn''t gone to R Bennett. Appears another centre-half is on his way (unless of course, it''s going to the new King of Spain). Vaughan and Morison shifted down the pecking order but not as substantially as Lappin, C Martin or Smith

[/quote]Yes I was.Me and my two kids.[:@]

[quote user="spencer 1970"]Snoddy and Howson?

I can''t see you as a Moro or C.Martin chap?

I like the fact a gifted winger has no''7 #oldschool[/quote]Me and my oldest both had Howson, my youngest had Vaughn.

PurpleCanary, I can''t remember the exact laws but a squad of at least 20 players (I think it is) must be submitted to the league. Obviously, those who don''t technically count towards the total are still included in that submission. The list of squad numbers would be that of which has been submitted to the league, or at least I would assume. Hence why a lot of youth and fringe players haven''t been allocated numbers.

[quote user="AJ"]PurpleCanary, I can''t remember the exact laws but a squad of at least 20 players (I think it is) must be submitted to the league. Obviously, those who don''t technically count towards the total are still included in that submission. The list of squad numbers would be that of which has been submitted to the league, or at least I would assume. Hence why a lot of youth and fringe players haven''t been allocated numbers.[/quote]

Yes. But after the transfer window has shut. That list the club has just put out is simply an announcement of (most of the) squad numbers, for the benefit (and in some cases annoyance) of fans. It isn''t our definite list we give the Premier League of the up to 25 in number "adult" (ie over 21)  players from whom we can pick. That will come in about two weeks'' time.

Steer, for example, is in that squad number list but won''t have to be in the Premier League list, because he isn''t 21. Rudd wasn''t in our PL list last time - because he was under 21 - but obviously played some games, because clubs can use as many under-21s as they like without declaring them. This season I think Rudd still does not need to be declared, because he was - just - born after Jan 1st, 1991.

My boys haven’t bought new shirts yet simply because we didn’t know which numbers would be allocated. I was a bit bemused that the club seemed to be promoting a ‘free printing’ offer; I assumed that would only benefit if you had your own name printed or whatever.

For those who requested ‘Vaughan 8’ etc, at the point of purchase did NCFC shop staff advise they could well change? …and for those who went ahead, is there a swap deal/compensation arrangement in place?

I was in the club shop getting mine and the people in there working were saying how they''ve been saying all along to wait if you''re getting names and numbers of players until they are announced. They also said that they were "bending the rules" in that they were allowing people to get just the names and to come in and get the number when announced. I don''t know for definite if they were doing the number for free but it would still only have cost £3 if you had Howson or Snodgrass.

There is absolutely no chance of getting a swap or a return because the policy is, once you''ve got it printed, tough!

A bit harsh but not really anything they can do about it. U fortunately some people never listen.

Of course, the people in the shop saying this didn''t help people ordering online and while I do sympathise GP this is exactly why I waited to get my shirt.

Perhaps you could cut the 8 of your youngest''s and glue it on the eldest''s shirt? Sorry, just trying to cheer you up a bit.

PurpleCanary (I can''t use the quote feature as I use Chrome), the players that don''t count towards the number/aren''t old enough must still be submitted along with the squad. I''m pretty sure the under 21s have to be declared before they can play.

Either way, sorry to hear about those that have ended up with wrong numbers and such. You can always try peeling them off and ordering some iron on numbers from the web I guess. A bit cheeky of the club but I''m sure it was in the fine print somewhere that numbers were subject to change, unfortunately.

[quote user="AJ"]PurpleCanary (I can''t use the quote feature as I use Chrome), the players that don''t count towards the number/aren''t old enough must still be submitted along with the squad. I''m pretty sure the under 21s have to be declared before they can play.[/quote]

Not from what I have read. This, for example, is how the Mirror explained the new rules:

4) In addition to the 25-man named squad, clubs can use an unlimited number of players aged 21 or under.

Such young players presumably all have to be registered with a club, in the normal way, but I don''t think their names have to be submitted with the 25-man squad, as a kind of additional list.