Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Norwich Monopoly

Does anyone know the property names for the Norwich version of Monopoly and where NCFC is on the board? Yellow isn''t it? I know the cathedral is the best property.

We''re doing a Monopoly pub crawl visiting all the places on the board in real life, should be a great laugh.

lol excellent John

We might try and do this for charity but not sure if it would be appropriate that we''re going on a pub crawl!

Advancing from Go, clockwise:-

Brown - Norfolk Broads (Community Chest) & St John''s Alley, (Income Tax) followed by Norwich Station.

Light Blue - St Peter''s Street (Chance) Norwich Castle & Gaol Hill, followed by Jail in the corner.

Pink - Theatre Street (Electric Company) St Benedict''s Street & Tombland, followed by River Wensum.

Orange - Market Square (Community Chest) Royal Arcade & Elm Hill, followed by Free Parking.

Red - St George''s Street (Chance) Earlham Road & Riverside Retail Park, followed by Bus Station.

Yellow - Norwich Airport, Weston Park (Waste Services) & Carrow Road, followed by Go To Jail.

Green - Whiffler Road, The Close (Community Chest) & The Forum, followed by Bishop Bridge.

Dark Blue - (Chance) Surrey Street (Bank Deposit) & Norwich Cathedral, Followed by Go.

My box cover also supports a fine toothless grin from Iwan Roberts in goal scored mode! 

How about doing a Norwich City FC themed monoloy board?

Past and present players/managers/boad members..

Iwan & Holt - Navy

Delia / Michael / Sir Geoff - Green

Barclay / South / City / River - Train stations

[quote user="andyc24_uk"]Peter Mendham = Go To Jail? (Sorry, couldn''t resist :-P )[/quote]

That''s quality!

Waste Disposal - sponsored by Walker''s Skips?

Taxi rank - sponsored by Carl Bradshaw?

[quote user="GMF"]

[quote user="andyc24_uk"]Peter Mendham = Go To Jail? (Sorry, couldn''t resist :-P )[/quote]

That''s quality!

Waste Disposal - sponsored by Walker''s Skips?

Taxi rank - sponsored by Carl Bradshaw?

[/quote]

Honourable mention to Chris Sutton in the taxi rank stakes.

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]Brown: Glenn Roeder & Peter Grant[/quote]

Where could Theoklitos fit into the board?

Free parking?

[/quote]The bit that says ''just visiting''.

Chelmsford Canary wrote:

Dr. Ink wrote:

Brown: Glenn Roeder & Peter Grant

Where could Theoklitos fit into the board?

Free parking?

CHANCE(r)

[quote user="GMF"]

Advancing from Go, clockwise:-

Brown - Norfolk Broads (Community Chest) & St John''s Alley, (Income Tax) followed by Norwich Station.

Light Blue - St Peter''s Street (Chance) Norwich Castle & Gaol Hill, followed by Jail in the corner.

Pink - Theatre Street (Electric Company) St Benedict''s Street & Tombland, followed by River Wensum.

Orange - Market Square (Community Chest) Royal Arcade & Elm Hill, followed by Free Parking.

Red - St George''s Street (Chance) Earlham Road & Riverside Retail Park, followed by Bus Station.

Yellow - Norwich Airport, Weston Park (Waste Services) & Carrow Road, followed by Go To Jail.

Green - Whiffler Road, The Close (Community Chest) & The Forum, followed by Bishop Bridge.

Dark Blue - (Chance) Surrey Street (Bank Deposit) & Norwich Cathedral, Followed by Go.

My box cover also supports a fine toothless grin from Iwan Roberts in goal scored mode! 

[/quote]What a top bloke^

You''d have to replace ''Jail'' with Ipswich.Just think of the expletives when you pick up that dreaded Community Chest card... Go to Ipswich. Proceede directly to Ipswich. Do not pass go. Do not collect £200.

[quote user="barclaystand"]You''d have to replace ''Jail'' with Ipswich.

Just think of the expletives when you pick up that dreaded Community Chest card...
Go to Ipswich. Proceede directly to Ipswich. Do not pass go. Do not collect £200.
[/quote]

Instead of throwing a six to get out of Ipswich jail you could throw a five or a four. [;)]

The Norwich monopoly is a bit crap

you can only put a hotel on one property

......... and that has to be in the corner of the property

Roeder has to be one of the tax squares - for how much we had to pay to sack the little runt [:@]

Gmf awesome mate cheers

Funny thread guys some great suggestions for what to put on a canaries related monopoly board...

How about inviting robert chase to play, on 2nd thoughts don''t hell probably try selling all the assets

How about this as a running order, not sure what ''The Close'' refers to on the board so missed that one:

10am - Weston Park – This is near Lenwade boys so lets get there for 10am, breakfast and soft drink, I’ll drive this section

11am - Norwich Airport – Lets get our first drink of the day in The Holiday Inn, I’m still driving

11.30am - Whiffler Road, The Close – The Whiffler Pub Swift half, I’m still driving

11.50am - Earlham Road – The Black Horse pub swift half,my car to be picked up here

12.10pm - Norwich Station – just visiting

12.20pm Norfolk Broads – Nelson Hotel swift half

12.40pm River Wensum - just visiting picture next to Swimming Pool

12:50pm Carrow Road – Yellows Bar – first pint

1.20pm - Riverside Retail Park – Just visiting

1.30pm Bishop Bridge. – The red lion - pint

2.00pm Norwich Cathedral – just visiting

2.15pm Tombland – La Tasca – pint

2.45pm Elm Hill – just visiting

2.55pm St Georges St – Playhouse – pint

3.15pm St Benedicts St – Ten Bells – swift half

4.00pm St Johns Alley – just visiting

4.20pm Royal Arcade – Walnut Tree Shades – pint

4.45pm Market Square – just visiting

5.15pm St Peters St – just visiting

5.20pm The Forum – just visiting

5.25pm Theatre Street –just visiting

5.40pm Bus Station – just visiting

5.50pm Surrey St – just visting

6.00pm Norwich Castle – The Bell and a well deserved meal and drink

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "] not sure what ''The Close'' refers to on the board so missed that one[/quote]It''s the Cathedral Close! Probably one of the nicest parts of the City I reckon.  Used to be my Grandads post round many years ago.Can''t miss that one off your trip, will fit in nicely after the Red Lion at Bishop Bridge.Walk along the river footpath path (same side of river as the Red Lion) as if you were walking to the Compleat Angler, but turn right when you get to Pulls Ferry. You''re then heading into Cathedral Close. Have a look round there, Do your Cathedral visit, then have that pint in La Tasca''s. Sorted!

It would be great to actually have an NCFC monopoly

Who would you really want on it?

I would hope to see all legends on it even on the low values as who would want a game board with roeder on it?!

Post here who you would like to see on it (players, managers, staff, board and media considered) and i will put something together graphically.

Stations - The Barclay, South Stand, River End, City Stand

Brown - Snake Pit & Community Stand

Light Blue - Barry Butler, Duncan Forbes, Kevin Keelan

Pink - Ron Saunders, John Bond, Dave Stringer

Orange - Paul Lambert, Nigel Worthington, Mike Walker

Red - Bryan Gunn, Jeremy Goss, Chris Sutton

Yellows - Iwan Roberts, Malky Mackay, Craig Fleming

Green - Wes Hoolahan, Grant Holt, Russell Martin

Dark Blue - Geoff Watling & Delia

[quote user="Canary_Shores"]Chelmsford you forgot the utilities might I suggest "Yellows bar" and "Delias restaurant "[/quote]

Jail could also be manager''s office.

I wannna buy it!