Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Has the best budget ever already been spent on Compo......

Part 2:

Upon returning to the bungalow, the old drudge was greeted by the sound of frantic tapping, as the codger''s twelve fingers glided effortlessly across the keyboard, following the familiar patterns learned over decades of trolling.

"Darn it", she distinctly heard, "I''ll teach them not to mess with Suffolk''s finest. And what the hell is City1st on about, I''m not a simple farmhand, I''ll have him know."

Timorously, she slowly turned the living room door handle, only to be met by the pungent smell of wee and alcohol.

"Did you get my six-pack, Doris?", the old grump inquired.

Initially, she though he was engaging in his curious homoerortic obsession with Holt, but no, he meant another batch of special brew for his next bout of hexing. "I need it to mix it with some frogs'' legs, to put to a spell on that Tilly, he''s always putting me down, you know".

"Yes, dear, I''ll put it next to your fresh colostomy bag".

"Good night, dear", she muttered as she left the sad old man to the faint glow of his decrepit VDU and to his musings on high finance, lying chairmen and the death of ambition.

Wiz!!! you certainly have lost it if you think Rhodes would show a statement of intent!! did you watch the play off final? He was absolute crap!! Not worth 8p never mind 8 million that was quoted earlier in the Summer!!! I truly think you have lost your marbles if this would make you happy!!!

Ha ha! Your making me hyperventilate! Thank god Chops and you are here to bring light into the darkness of First wizards eternal threads of trolling.

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]This is how cults start........
[/quote]

Typo or misspellt deliberately?

[quote user="Wiz"]

To other clubs?.........namely Birmingham City FC.

Thats if you believe the boards PR on this best ever budget lark........which I don''t![^o)]

[/quote]Compensation paid to Birmingham for CH = £1m sourceCompensation paid to Birmingham for backroom staff = £unconfirmed.For us to have spent our "biggest ever budget" on compensation "namely to birmingham" we must have been mugged somewhere in excess of £10m for the backroom staff.or........This is a tenuous insinuation made by somebody who is bemoaning the fact that there isn''t much to moan about these days.....So Wiz do you really think we handed BCFC £10,000,000+ to secure the backroom staff?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Hold on a moment.... Yes, we did fork out significant compensation to Brum with nothing coming our way from AV. Yes, we have spend significant money upgrading the salaries of a number of current players. But at the same time, anyone can see we are disastrously light in defence and that from a defence that didn''t defend particularly well last season. We are also light on genuine PL experience. If Christ Hughton hasn''t grasped that early doors then he isn''t fit for purpose. So, assuming he has, what is he doing about it? A defender (probably) from the SPL and a youngster with little experience - one for the future. Of course we are anxious as supporters, we want to stay up. Of course we have been used to prompt dealings in the recent past and of course we are no further behind than many teams, but, if we don''t spend money and buy experienced/quality defenders there is only one direction we are going. The Chairman, perhaps stung by Lambert''s departure bragged about our budget. He raised expectations and fans expect delivery in the vulnerable areas. That doesn''t mean a Simon Charlton centre half or an ''I''m too good Thomas Helvig'' it means a proper couple of buys. Wiz is only expressing the concerns of many supporters.[/quote]

The good thing about Wiz is he does not hide behind a second username to dish out his concerns. Was it the League One or Championship season when a prominent member on here created a bogus username to predict that we had no chance of promotion. This was just after Xmas as far as I can remember and we were flying high at the time.

[quote user="Rootin FerHooten"][quote user="Wiz"]

To other clubs?.........namely Birmingham City FC.

Thats if you believe the boards PR on this best ever budget lark........which I don''t![^o)]

[/quote]

Compensation paid to Birmingham for CH = £1m source

Compensation paid to Birmingham for backroom staff = £unconfirmed.

For us to have spent our "biggest ever budget" on compensation "namely to birmingham" we must have been mugged somewhere in excess of £10m for the backroom staff.

or........

This is a tenuous insinuation made by somebody who is bemoaning the fact that there isn''t much to moan about these days.....

So Wiz do you really think we handed BCFC £10,000,000+ to secure the backroom staff?

[/quote]

Let me throw this back to you friend, do you actually think, and believe, that there is 10 million to start with?

I accept Wiz that you want the best for the club. But can you actually give Chris Hughton a chance to assess the squad and spend what money he has accordingly first before making rash posts like this. Judge how ambitious the club is on the team that lines up against Fulham on August 18th. Not before.

[quote user="Jacko"]I accept Wiz that you want the best for the club. But can you actually give Chris Hughton a chance to assess the squad and spend what money he has accordingly first before making rash posts like this. Judge how ambitious the club is on the team that lines up against Fulham on August 18th. Not before.[/quote]

Fair enough Jacko, I can do that. [Y]

Does that mean you will stop posting drivel about the budget or Delia et al until after that first game?

[quote user="baldyboy"]Does that mean you will stop posting drivel about the budget or Delia et al until after that first game?[/quote]So you''ll allow him to post ''drivel about the budget or Delia et al'' after the first game.[;)]

[quote user="baldyboy"]Does that mean you will stop posting drivel about the budget or Delia et al until after that first game?
[/quote]

You were doing so well baldy but you had to add ''drivel'' didn''t you?

If Wiz is to be believed then we did not finish 12th in the  PL last season and earn 6m extra prize money and season ticket prices have not been incrreased to add an additional 1m of revenue. Yes we have an extra 3m debt repayments but that still leaves an extra 4m to spend and I don''t believe we spent 4m on compensation so yes we have out largest playing budget ever but will still be one of the lowest in PL next season.

[quote user="Wiz"]

Let me throw this back to you friend, do you actually think, and believe, that there is 10 million to start with?

[/quote]Call it blind faith if you will but yes I do actually believe that we have budgeted at least £10m for player purchases for the 2012-13 season, I''d go so far as to say that I also believe the 2012-13 budget will be our clubs biggest ever playing budget, just because we haven''t wee''d it up the wall in the first few weeks doesn''t mean it isn''t there in my book.

[quote user="T"]

If Wiz is to be believed then we did not finish 12th in the  PL last season and earn 6m extra prize money and season ticket prices have not been incrreased to add an additional 1m of revenue. Yes we have an extra 3m debt repayments but that still leaves an extra 4m to spend and I don''t believe we spent 4m on compensation so yes we have out largest playing budget ever but will still be one of the lowest in PL next season.

[/quote]

Double eh? [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Confused/sorry.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]This is how cults start........[/quote]

Lots of people think Wiz is one of the biggest cults on here...

[/quote]......well, nearly right.

The thing I will put to you Wiz. Is that we are dealing in speculation here. The only real concrete figures we have appear to from James Nursey at the Mirror. That valued Hughton and his team at £2 million. Hughton is reported to have been valued at around £1.5 million of that figure. We received compensation for Karsa and Culverhouse. Which you think is equal to the compensation paid for Trollope and Calderwood, as they were Premiership coaches on higher wages. We also have to factor in the signing of Dave Watson. But that will surely be for a similar figure to the rest of the backroom team.

At worst I dont see how we can be more than £2 million out of pocket from the whole affair even if no compensation for Lambert is forthcoming. That will not be nearly enough to swallow all the prize money, additional sponsorship and gate receipts we will receive this year. I take the board''s word at face value over this one. If I am wrong and there has been no investment over the summer I will hold my hands first and I say I was wrong Wiz.

We have to the start of September to get players in, you get free players in July when there current contracts run out at their previous club. And why we bought players earlier last season beacuse Lambert already knew what type of players he had! Simple Chris will look at the players he have got for the next couple of weeks and the weak one will be sold or loaned out and then we will start buying players. No wasting money when you don''t need to when you have currently got better. But I do believe we need to strengthen though e.g Centre Back another Left Back maybe Rb depends where Russell and Steven will player this season, Winger as we only have two and the others you lot bang on about are actually wide midfielders. Finally maybe a Striker and Defensive Mid depends how Bradley improves. But guess we will get two loans in for cover as you might as well.

[quote user="Jacko"]The thing I will put to you Wiz. Is that we are dealing in speculation here. The only real concrete figures we have appear to from James Nursey at the Mirror. That valued Hughton and his team at £2 million. Hughton is reported to have been valued at around £1.5 million of that figure. We received compensation for Karsa and Culverhouse. Which you think is equal to the compensation paid for Trollope and Calderwood, as they were Premiership coaches on higher wages. We also have to factor in the signing of Dave Watson. But that will surely be for a similar figure to the rest of the backroom team. At worst I dont see how we can be more than £2 million out of pocket from the whole affair even if no compensation for Lambert is forthcoming. That will not be nearly enough to swallow all the prize money, additional sponsorship and gate receipts we will receive this year. I take the board''s word at face value over this one. Likewise Jacko.If I am wrong and there has been no investment over the summer I will hold my hands first and I say I was wrong Wiz.[/quote]

As will I Jacko.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Jacko"]I accept Wiz that you want the best for the club. But can you actually give Chris Hughton a chance to assess the squad and spend what money he has accordingly first before making rash posts like this. Judge how ambitious the club is on the team that lines up against Fulham on August 18th. Not before.[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, that resolution lasted less than two hours, to 12.23pm...

Is it any wonder that Lambert buggered off if this is the measure of our signings.

Its going to be a very long season.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Well, that resolution lasted less than two hours, to 12.23pm...

Is it any wonder that Lambert buggered off if this is the measure of our signings.

Its going to be a very long season.

[/quote]

I was passing an opinion on a POSSIBLE signing Purple, not a definate one.

There is a difference. [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Tongue/mockery-017.gif[/IMG]

Fans providing a strict critique of a club and its policy is vital, and so it''s hard to suggest that the Wiz isn''t somewhat important but I think this is a bit ridiculous.

Before anything else I think we al have to remember that its very early days. Obviously we haven''t been burdened by having players off across Europe playing in the Euro''s but that still doesn''t mean that football is open for business. If you''re a player and you aren''t at the Euro''s you''re on holiday for a little while. Presumably like if you''re an agent (and probably quite a nice holiday considering the fees they now demand), and so doing any transfer related business is going to be difficult until around this kind of time I think, when things generally pick up. Norwich have made a couple of signings, which is a similar number to clubs that have been active in the market so far and so you cannot really debunk the club as having wasted its budget when Norwich have actually conformed to what is the norm thus far.

Also there needs to be an understanding that some of the budget will have obviously already gone, both on what we''ve laid out for Whittaker and Butterfield in wages and Butterfield''s case tribunal fee also. The contract extensions made by the club will also have featured, especially Holt''s, an increase in wage so that presumably comes out of the allocated transfer budget also.

I think there seems to be a belief that what some people consider our current transfer inactivity (I see it differently) to be indicative of our having spent all our money already. When it actual fact its probably much more related to the upheaval at Carrow Road in the aftermath of the manager and backroom staff leaving. Changes such as this obviously have a huge impact. Fortunately we got Hughton in quickly but that doesn''t mean the club needs a little time to adjust, reconsider slightly (although we don''t seem to be altering from the general plan, which Hughton seems happy with). Besides I think we should do Hughton the courtesy of letting him hold ful squad training a few times and see what he as our manager thinks of the quality of the squad, formation and where he''d like to improve and which players he has in mind. There''s still plenty of time.

I htink also managing to bag Watson, the goalkeeping coach, from Birmingham could prove to be one of our best signings this summer. The blokes obviously highly regarded to be in the England set up and Joe Hart holds him in high regard. Considering we have what amounts to what would have been one England goalkeeper bar an unfortunate injury and two ex England youth representative keepers on the books, the possibilities are huge! If he can keep improving Ruddy, although I think the more Ruddy plays the better he will end up because his development was so stifled by being shifted our left, right and centre. Rudd and Steer can both come on leaps and bounds under his tutelage. Meaning that we might potentially end up with a situation whereby we''re the home to three goalkeepers of top quality, meaning we''d have in practical terms two great keepers on the books fighting over the top gig but also have a great keeper we could then sell.

Do some of you think that after taking a few training sessions Hughton can think ''I need a centre half'' and go to the Centre Half Shop and but what he needs off the shelf?

Player deals take time. The boy from Barnsley was being assessed way back. If Hughton wants his choice of players at reasonable fees then the ground work needs to already have been done.

We have obvious shortcomings but allegedly a budget to improve. This means, with decent preparations we should be getting who we want or need, bespoke players and not opportunistic punts from Scotland.

I don''t think Hughton needed to watch videos to know how many goals we conceded last year and that an experienced centre half and quality full back left the Club.

When Lambert missed out on his goalkeeper target he had a back up plan in Ruddy and moved quickly.

It''s time for action Mr. Hughton.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]"Other posters are now starting to question our lack of creditable signings.....I agree with them. " Was today, or yesterday the first day that CH got to see the players in training ? I forget. Anyway, until he has seen the players in action, he won''t make his mind up about where we "need help" to quote a scotsman. Honestly wiz, find something else to do with your time.[/quote]

He did but gets cramp very easy now

Check out the irony but why even reply? It never ceases to confound me me how this sort of total rubbish has the capacity to draw 4 pages of replies. It''s mid July for christs sake. None of our direct competition have signed anyone to worry about. We don''t pay silly wages and we don''t waste money on cr*p. Nuff said.Tongue Tied [:S]

[quote user="Wizard Slayer"]Think its agreed then, the OP is a tool[/quote]

Wow........schools out early I see. [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-045.gif[/IMG]

Agreed time for action. Our key competitors, for example, Reading and Southampton, are strengthening - Gunter reportedly signing for Reading. Our defence needs new starters - and let''s not forget we''ve lost three key defenders Naughton, Whitbread and Drury. Imo half a season from Whitbread is a better bet than existing defensive cover such as Ward and Barnett. 

As I said in this thread earlier. Judge Hughton on the team that lines up against Fulham and not before. Yesterday has confirmed we are in the market for players. I am convinced quality signings will come once a concrete assessment of the existing squad has been made. Keep the faith Wizard. Investment will be made this summer.

Perhaps the club could offer you some compensation for your loss wiz

............ loss of face that is

A ticket to see Ajax maybe, with a map in case you not too sure of the directions