Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Is one, old, frail woman blocking true investment in City?

[quote user="baldyboy"]Anybody want to join as he is desperate to buy Delia and Michael out so he can run the club!!! There must be 20,000 people out there with a spare few thousand to pump into his consortium!![/quote]I think Wiz''s whole point is that if there were a consortium out there wanting to buy Delia still would not sell , does make you wonder a little with so many clubs getting taken over why is it that not one investor has targeted City .

[quote user="Wiz"]I''m in talks with a Russian  multi billionaire arms dealer so I need no assistance thank you.[;)][/quote]

If you need any advice about what multi billionaire arms dealers can do for you just ask down the road hey wiz. [;)]

For arguments sake Wiz, if an arms dealer did want to "invest" tens of millions of pounds into the club, would you take him, trade and all, on board and welcome him, regardless of the way he has made his fortune?

Re Role Model''s note that - The Venkys are a bad example. They thought they could run the club like we are doing here. re-investing money only generated by the club. They never chucked into the pot any extra.............  They are a very good example iin fact as they bought out Jack Walkers interests and acquired a Club from a long term fan, then ran the business very very badly, despite their apparent wealth. Now that''s to be avoided at all costs isn''t it?

[quote user="Jack Flash"]

Re Role Model''s note that - The Venkys are a bad example. They thought they could run the club like we are doing here. re-investing money only generated by the club. They never chucked into the pot any extra.............  They are a very good example iin fact as they bought out Jack Walkers interests and acquired a Club from a long term fan, then ran the business very very badly, despite their apparent wealth. Now that''s to be avoided at all costs isn''t it?

[/quote]Of course it is. It was down to Jack Walker to make sure he was selling to somebody who''d meet a certain criteria. It was his fault.  Wiz and myself for that matter isn''t advocating selling out to the first idiot that comes along.  It''s about finding an owner/investor who''ll meet certain caveats before taking the plunge. Now while the club at times will say we can afford this that or the other. They are also on the other hand, got a brick wall up when it comes to selling up or investing.  Delia has given it lip service from time to time, and we did the charade of employing a company to seek out investors, but to this day never ever been serious about it.

[quote user="City penguin"]"So why did you run with crowd and feel the need to join in with the name calling?"

Don''t be so soft.[/quote]yeah whatever. you answer says it all.

"Is one, old, frail woman blocking true investment in City?"

I know we''re all republicans but isn''t it a bit simplistic to blame the Queen for this? Actually if anyone I blame a frail, white-haired sixty-year-old:

“We have approached 52 potential investors around the world - in Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Far East, the United States and, of course, the UK. We have had some expressions of interest. But every time when I asked the question ‘Could you please verify you have funding?’ no one passed the test. We have searched throughout the world with the toughest advisers, but there is no one out there with real money in their pockets. I like to see the colour of someone’s money before we do any deals and no one has shown us any.”

If you believe McNally and Bowkett when they did the ''charade'' of finding new investment they contacted several interested parties, however when McNally asked them to ''show us the money'' all interest suddenly disappeared. The lack of investment is to do with the fact that no suitable investor has ever put forward a serious bid, all we''ve got is casual interest and false promises. The club have a very strict criteria for new investment and don''t want to break it because they don''t want the club to fail. No serious offers equals no sale or investment.  

Does it or am i being dim witted? Explain please?

For you to say that we instructed Deloitte to search for investment just being a charade is just plain bull, that would not have come cheap. If the board weren''t serious they certainly would of gone with someone other than Deloitte.

Think we can put you in the same basket as wiz.

Good point by Old Shuck but buying a Prem club will never stack up as a proper business investment.  If you invest in a business you''re looking at its future ability to generate profit.  Prem clubs make losses. 

Actually buying a Prem club is just a plaything for the rich, like buying a yacht.  Nowadays if you''re mega rich, it''s not enough to have a flash car or a big house because even the moderately rich have those.  Having a Prem club of your own is a real status symbol.

The problem of course with being a plaything is - what happens if the owner gets bored and puts you away at the back of the toy cupboard ? 

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Old Shuck"]

No-one will invest in NCFC because the chances of them being rewarded for their insanity, financially, is zero-as at just about any club.

[/quote]

So Reading are a better case to an investor? sorry mate I can''t buy that.

[/quote]The Russian guy only invested in Reading because he went to University there...[/quote]However it''s not beyond the realms of possibility that buying Reading for £25m chucking in another £XXm is loose change out of his fortune in exchange for an ego boost, and a raised profile. And not wanting any of it back in the future.  Seriously some of these Russians are so stinking rich. Worrying about the day they want their money back might not even happen.

Three pages in less than an hour and a half ! I will go for ten before midnight.............any advance on that ? [:''(]

Three pages in less than an hour and a half ! I will go for ten before midnight.............any advance on that ? [:''(]

[quote user="City penguin"]Does it or am i being dim witted? Explain please?

For you to say that we instructed Deloitte to search for investment just being a charade is just plain bull, that would not have come cheap. If the board weren''t serious they certainly would of gone with someone other than Deloitte.

Think we can put you in the same basket as wiz.[/quote]Yes you are dim witted, because nothing came of it. Deloitte was instructed to look for all kinds of possible investment.  Then what happened? Nothing came of it.  Only a fool would think they reported back with a blank sheet of paper.  The silence strongly suggests whatever the findings were, somebody within the club turned round and said ''not interested''.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Three pages in less than an hour and a half ! I will go for ten before midnight.............any advance on that ? [:''(][/quote]

Sometimes you feel compelled to bite, even if, as a rule, you never do and stay out of it!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Three pages in less than an hour and a half ! I will go for ten before midnight.............any advance on that ? [:''(][/quote]Remove the usual suspects who choose to chip in with clever comment rather than ignore it''d probably be just one page.  So you can advance it any number you choose.

I thought this thread was going to be about Wiz''s version of the Pink''Un Inner Circle, although more of an Inner Pentangle.

"Yes you are dim witted, because nothing came of it. Deloitte was instructed to look for all kinds of possible investment. Then what happened? Nothing came of it. Only a fool would think they reported back with a blank sheet of paper. The silence strongly suggests whatever the findings were, somebody within the club turned round and said ''not interested''. "

Did you not read purples post, sums up the situation perfectly, 50 parties indicating interest but no one with actual cash. So your advocating taking one of these interested parties up on there offer? Much like what has happened with Blackburn, thinking they were getting investment but the reality couldn''t have been any different.

If you think that nothing coming of a search for something indicates no real intention, your dimmer than i thought and not the full ticket are you?

[quote user="City penguin"]15 if you keep double posting. http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/quote]LOL

23.7 based on the formula (Topic x {WW + 2CM}) + (3DM x 4DL)+3TFAA? - 6PTDWhereWW = Watlings wallet coefficient.CM =  Chase mentionsDM = Delia mentionsDL = Delia Luvvies (a constant value of 4) ROFL.TFAA? = TFAA?PTD = Peter the deleter.

"

Jack Flash wrote the following post at 19/06/2012 5:02 PM:

Re Role Model''s note that - The Venkys are a bad example. They thought they could run the club like we are doing here. re-investing money only generated by the club. They never chucked into the pot any extra.............  They are a very good example iin fact as they bought out Jack Walkers interests and acquired a Club from a long term fan, then ran the business very very badly, despite their apparent wealth. Now that''s to be avoided at all costs isn''t it?"

Did the Venkey''s fail because they are wealthy? Or because they are foreign? Or could it be that they are just not very good at running a football club? I don''t understand this ''all wealthy foreign investors are bad'' mantra that seems to be universal on football forums. There are plenty of home-grown owners who are equally as bad, and probably a lot worse than foreign owners.

I can accept that foreign owners may have to take time to learn about the football business culture in our country, but then didn''t our own owners have a very long learning-curve of their own? The upshot of which was that they came to the conclusion that there were people better equipped than themselves  to run a football club.

Non-billionaire British owners can be equally damaging to the health of a football club as foreign billionaire owners. I don''t think their nationality or wealth is as significant as some people like to make out.   

[quote user="Rootin FerHooten"][quote user="City penguin"]15 if you keep double posting. http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/quote]LOL

23.7 based on the formula (Topic x {WW + 2CM}) + (3DM x 4DL)+3TFAA? - 6PTDWhereWW = Watlings wallet coefficient.CM =  Chase mentionsDM = Delia mentionsDL = Delia Luvvies (a constant value of 4) ROFL.TFAA? = TFAA?PTD = Peter the deleter.[/quote]Tangy (Tangible fixed assets anyone?).

[quote user="Wiz"]

Even the three newly promoted sides have more financial clout than us, in fact, we''re the paupers of the Prem, a fact I believe is courtessy of Delia Smith''s stubben refusal to retire and stand down.

Don''t kid yourself that the board run things now, the real power still lies with the Stomarket two.

And she will NEVER allow some rich foreigner to take away her favourite toy.....and as a Premiership club don''t tell me we''re not ripe and attractive to a foreign prospective investor or owner. 

Just remember this as other clubs complete their buisness

Surely you must see this.[:@]

[/quote]Why don''t you invest, do as she did and just throw a load of money at the club with no / little chance of getting it back, c''mon, you know you want to! If you don''t want to do that why don''t you stop complaining and be grateful she stepped in when she did!

[quote user="lappinitup"]Tangy (Tangible fixed assets anyone?).

[/quote]Correct for every delia mention it will be quoted 12 times and tfaa? will intersperse those 12 comments an average of 3 times.As a rule of thumb if by page 5 of a thread watlings wallet has been mentioned 3 times, delia 5 times and chase 2 times we can expect a minimum of 15 pages.

[quote user="Wiz"]Even the three newly promoted sides have more financial clout than us, in fact, we''re the paupers of the Prem, a fact I believe is courtessy of Delia Smith''s stubben refusal to retire and stand down.

Don''t kid yourself that the board run things now, the real power still lies with the Stomarket two.

And she will NEVER allow some rich foreigner to take away her favourite toy.....and as a Premiership club don''t tell me we''re not ripe and attractive to a foreign prospective investor or owner. 

Just remember this as other clubs complete their buisness. Surely you must see this.[:@][/quote]

Very similar post to this one........

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1/1169378/ShowPost.aspx#1169378

The whingeing ''n whining ''n wailing ''n whimpering wizard at work! [:(]

I started writing a reply to this thread, but I''ve just scrubbed it out.    Its been said so many times, by so many different people.   The running of a football club is one of the hardest things ever to take on.  DS has stuck with us through thick and thin and should be applauded for that.   There are no magic investors.   We don''t want silly money in Norwich - non-entities being paid £65000 a week.    We are what we are.   A club with a good structure, sensible business plan and a successful team.   Plans to progress at a sensible rate and debts to be paid off in two years.

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?????????????????????????????