Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Please no long drawn out managerial interviews

Only 2 of out last 10 managers have been any good. The 2 that have been good were worthington and lambert. Worthington picked himself after being given a go on trial and we know we went direct for Lambert. If the board did have a plan B then we should be seeing people now no need for interviews that produce the likes of Peter Grant and Roeder

Might be wrong but i always get the impression that McNally is a head hunting sort of guy when it comes to managers. I think the whole we have had lots of applicants thing was to send out a message about how attractive a position our club is in.

McNally isn''t going to assemble Stringer and a bunch of old has-beens to pick from numerous interviews, i can assure you of that.

Like Beagle has written above, he knows who he wants know, in fact, he knew at the start of the season i would imagine.

i see in some stupid paper that they say tim sherwood is a hot favourite for the job. what do these people drink whilst they are inventing these stories. not a hope in hell, i hope. would likely be gunn Mk2.

I don''t think McNally will go down the old player route as he has no Norwich City history as he wasn''t here then anyway. The other members of the board would / should have learnt this from previous experience.

Hughton/Clark/Robinson maybe Poyet for me.

Clarke I am having doubts about though now.

As people have been saying, DMcN will have had a file on someone for a long, long time as regards replacements and the beginning of a new regime.

He''s the sort of man who plans for every eventuality and has a plan of action for all of them-he doesn''t react when something happens, he reacts before it happens.

It wouldn''t surprise me that much if the no.1 candidate on his list at least, wasn''t aware of the possibilities here for as long as six months ago as it seems very clear now that Lambert was going to be on his way at the end of the season. I do wonder if it wasn''t revealed at club level, or at least strongly rumoured at that time, hence maybe the little slip in form and talk of their being a bit of discontent within from then-don''t know, no clues, just conjecture and easy to assume, but easy and logical to do so....

I do wonder if some of the players aren''t reportedly discontent for the same reasons as us and the manner that this has happened, rather than all wanting to go with him-they subscribed to his plan, his work ethic, his way of management, and, for most of them, were signed by him with promises of this, that and the other and where he saw them and the club going.

Again, just conjecture. But its tapping away, none-the-less.

I do wonder how much this talk of "interview process" for football managers jobs is based on any sort of reality. It''s not like a situation where a group of complete unknowns apply for a job on the fish counter at Sainsbury''s.

I tend to agree with what Shuck''s written above. Mc N gives the impression of a guy who''s very pro-active, and, as such, he''s probably worked out his strategy for this eventuality some time ago, with a plan B and C in case it all goes pearshaped.

It was always likely that one of the 5 or so clubs for whom PL would leave us for would have a vacancy this summer, so his departure has not really come as any surprise. So, I''m pretty confident that the board have irons in the fire, and are talking turkey as we speak. I just hope that it''s all done and dusted before theEuro 2012 circus starts.

Sorry Wings, but I don''t get this anti-old players thing. I''m more interested in whether the guy is up to it, but if there is a previous link to the club I tend to see it as a positive thing - whether it is Malky from being a player or Clark from being in the management team.

Surely it should come down to who is the best man for the job? Whether he is or is not an NCFC old boy should not come into it . Presumably the concern about this has been coloured somewhat by Grant and Gunn, but Roeder had no connection with NCFC, and look at what happened with him. On the other hand; Stringer was Norwich through and through, but he was rather successful.

One of the advantages of being in the Prem is that we should stand a pretty good chance of landing the board''s first choice.

Was it coincidence that McNally was in Norway last weekend just visiting friends or watching the England game, or was he tapping up a potential new manager in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer ?? not sure he''d be my choice as manager but anything is possible at the moment til we are told otherwise...

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Only 2 of out last 10 managers have been any good. The 2 that have been good were worthington and lambert. Worthington picked himself after being given a go on trial and we know we went direct for Lambert. If the board did have a plan B then we should be seeing people now no need for interviews that produce the likes of Peter Grant and Roeder[/quote]

But what if someone unexpected has now thrown their hat in the ring who is potentially as good as or better than the Plan B person?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Only 2 of out last 10 managers have been any good. The 2 that have been good were worthington and lambert. Worthington picked himself after being given a go on trial and we know we went direct for Lambert. If the board did have a plan B then we should be seeing people now no need for interviews that produce the likes of Peter Grant and Roeder[/quote]

But what if someone unexpected has now thrown their hat in the ring who is potentially as good as or better than the Plan B person?

[/quote]

If that were the case then there would''ve been no plan in the first place.Pan B, my ar*se.

If we hear "It''s good to be home" or "Cometh the man etc" we''re done for again....No more jocks either thank you.

Quite agree cluckles.... Afterall what "jock" has ever acheived anything of note in the game?

Useless, the lot of them....

If the press are right and PL had a clause in his contract allowing him to speak to a Premiership side and Saint David has broken that contract then he could just have cost the club £1m. Add that to the rather indelicate way that Grant Holt seems to have been treated (and i wouldn''t necessarily disagree with the fact that he shouldn''r be given a three year, top earner contract) and we may just start to see him in a different light. Let''s hope not as there is a lot resting on him getting it right!

Surely if he had that clause in his contract, McNally couldn''t do anything?

Lambert could go and speak to any club he wanted, without even involving McNally, Delia or anyone else?