Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Liverpool Match Thread - Wot no Holt!

Once again we start off ok (ish) & then collapse. Feel sorry for Morison. I mean what chance has he got stuck on his own against 4 or 5 defenders.Where''s the God damn cavalry

Poor performance, thank god we are safe (I know not mathematically, but please..) It shows next season will be no walk in the park, we need to stick together as a club all the more in the second season, and keep the faith with a manager who has taken us so far in so little time. Fingers crossed Whitbread will be fully fit next season.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Once again we start off ok (ish) & then collapse. Feel sorry for Morison. I mean what chance has he got stuck on his own against 4 or 5 defenders.Where''s the God damn cavalry[/quote]Agreed. I am sure Moro will continue to get stick, but he hasnt got much of a chance today. Get Holt on and have two up front (Johnson off in my view)

Really disappointing. I hope that Lambert can sort things out for the second half.

The way our season is petering out is a real concern for the next. I''m glad we did the work earlier on in the season and don''t need these results to survive. Too many defensive mistakes and the goals have dried up. Lambert''s going to have to weave some more magic during pre-season.

I imagine Holt will be coming on second half, hopefully now, rather than in 20 mins. I think we can completely turn around, and hopefully get at least a goal.

We''ve done this before, Fulham home and away spring to mind. Rubbish first halves, and great second halves. I''m remaining optimistic, we won''t do what we did last week and have two poor halves.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Poor performance, thank god we are safe (I know not mathematically, but please..) It shows next season will be no walk in the park, we need to stick together as a club all the more in the second season, and keep the faith with a manager who has taken us so far in so little time. Fingers crossed Whitbread will be fully fit next season.[/quote]have to admit that it''s been a long time ago since I''ve been so p#ssed off with the team. Come on, they should know we''re a whisker away from mathematical safety... The fans are really wanting them on and they don''t perform at all. I can''t blame Lambert, I blame the players on the pitch this game! Even Exeter (no disrespect) could score a hatfull against them today!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I imagine Holt will be coming on second half, hopefully now, rather than in 20 mins. I think we can completely turn around, and hopefully get at least a goal.

We''ve done this before, Fulham home and away spring to mind. Rubbish first halves, and great second halves. I''m remaining optimistic, we won''t do what we did last week and have two poor halves.[/quote]Could you lend me your cristal ball please? ;-)

The guy who sits opposite me at work is a QPR fan. On the hour mark of there games v Liverpool there were fans leaving.. You never know [;)]But at this rate 3-0 looks more likely

both centre halves on a yekllow card.. DO NOT bring Holt on at this stage.. we need to limit the damage and risk of a red card

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Still no Holt? Very surprising. Would give the crowd a lift.
[/quote]

We should have started with Holt and Moro.

Not underestimating Liverpool who have had a dire run in the league with results, whilst in many games they have created a fair few chances, just not put the ball in the net.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]both centre halves on a yekllow card.. DO NOT bring Holt on at this stage.. we need to limit the damage and risk of a red card[/quote]Disagree. Lambert has always gone for the win, no such thing as damage limitation when you are 2-0 down. We are already set for 0 points, conceding another wont change that.But yes, at this rate one of our CB''s is headed for an early bath.

And while no player is bigger than the club, I am slightly disappointed Holty hasnt really had the chance to press his England chances today. But Lambo has to pick his best team, if that means Morrison then so be it.

what a goal from suarez... and thats the difference between us and Liverpool.. they arent afraid to pull the trigger...and oh yes.. another f**k up from Ward....

We are going to get an 8-0 hiding at Arsenal, going to put a bet on it... seems a possibility after this performance

Well, I''m sure Arsenal will not annihilate us next week and then Villa relegate us on goal difference.