Sign in to follow this  
curly_whirly_tipz

1 year ago today...

Awesome and surreal at the same time!

Invited Father in law round to watch, then got a mate and his kids to come round also, as they couldn''t get to a telly.

My youngest daughter has kept on saying (and repeated it this morning!) that "Norwich got promoted on my birthday" That''s my girl!!

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

Invited Father in law round to watch, then got a mate and his kids to come round also, as they couldn''t get to a telly.

My youngest daughter has kept on saying (and repeated it this morning!) that "Norwich got promoted on my birthday" That''s my girl!!

[/quote]

How selfish of you watching football on your daughters birthday.I would never dream of doing that.

LOL

[quote user="The Young One"][quote user="crabbycanary"]

[/quote]

How selfish of you watching football on your daughters birthday.I would never dream of doing that.

LOL
[/quote]........yeah, no consideration some people hey, she''ll be scarred for life, could end up a binner. well, maybe not that drastically bad. 

[quote user="The Young One"][quote user="crabbycanary"]

[/quote]

LOL
[/quote]

Should have a daughter like mine - she suggested that she moved her birthday party back a day so that I can go to Arsenal......that''s my girl!!!  [:D]

My 14 year-old came to me asking that I pay for an away ticket "as Norwich might get promoted Dad". I responded by saying it would be more likely to occur at home the following week. Given what happened, I''m so glad I let him go and experience a wonderful occassion in his life!...

I watched it at home and the people next door thought someone was being murdered with all the screeming and shouting going on, Just watched the one year on Film, and yes it still brings tears flooding out, my Mrs said what the hell are you on about, try to explain what it means to us falls on deaf ears in my house hold.  Can''t wait to get my new shirt tomorrow, Hey this is a 60 yr old talking here.

Went that goal went in ran outside climbed on a fence to be greeted by others in their gardens jumping around !

What a hangover the next day though !

I was there. Watched the Cardiff game at a hotel then on to the game.

What tension, what an atmosphere. Standing all game of course. My two wonky knees and ankle giving me a right load of pain (Nutty and Duncan please note). Cinnamon''s goal goes in and I disappear down three rows of seats. 66 years old? Pah. Felt like a 15 year old. Thats what footie does for ya.

Celebrate at final whistle then onward for a curry and home the next day. Marvellous!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I was there. Watched the Cardiff game at a hotel then on to the game. What tension, what an atmosphere. Standing all game of course. My two wonky knees and ankle giving me a right load of pain (Nutty and Duncan please note). Cinnamon''s goal goes in and I disappear down three rows of seats. 66 years old? Pah. Felt like a 15 year old. Thats what footie does for ya. Celebrate at final whistle then onward for a curry and home the next day. Marvellous![/quote]

I''ve taken note Bury buddy. I was there too. A really unique double having been there to see exactly the same thing in April 1975. Stood all game that day too. Got sun burnt! Did you do that double Bury?

Then we played Coventry at home on May 6th. Nutty and Duncan stood all game then too (Bury please note). Did you[:^)][;)]

I watched some of the Cardiff game in Stowmarket and when it became apparent that we could go up at Portsmouth we jumped in the car and drove the 40 odd miles to Norwich to watch the game in the coach and horses . When the goal went in i got soaked in beer but what a night !