Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Thank You for 10 Years Drury

10 Years today Drury joined us.

What a 10 years its been

1 playoff final

2 Promtions to the Prem (including one as champions)

2 Relegations

1 League one title

5 Managers

A new south stand

Just to name a few.

Thank you for 10 great years Adam I hope you get a great testimonial and its a sell out!

In that case 11 great years!, why on earth hasnt he had a testimonial yet!

Because he''s still at the club playing?

Did Giggs, Scholes, Neville (and probably others, Becks, Keane, Butt, other Neville) have a 10 year testimonial at Man.U?

Drury deserves one, and will get one. But when it was mentioned at the end of last season, I thought it a little strange that he''d have it while still playing. I could have missed some, but every testimonial match I have ever heard of/seen has been after the player retires... (Not even just leaving the club, Raul was at Madrid for ages, he didn''t have one when he left, he surely have one when he retires though..)

he wont get one if/when released hence no decision being made.Gunn, Goss, Crook and Sutch all had their testimonials whilst still at the club and playing.

Fleming had one too. It was an absorbing affair..

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Because he''s still at the club playing? Did Giggs, Scholes, Neville (and probably others, Becks, Keane, Butt, other Neville) have a 10 year testimonial at Man.U? Drury deserves one, and will get one. But when it was mentioned at the end of last season, I thought it a little strange that he''d have it while still playing. I could have missed some, but every testimonial match I have ever heard of/seen has been after the player retires... (Not even just leaving the club, Raul was at Madrid for ages, he didn''t have one when he left, he surely have one when he retires though..)[/quote]

Did Giggs not have a testimonial against Celtic in 2001 while still playing for Utd?

I''d only been watching Football for a yea in 2001, and pretty much only interested in Norwich at that time... So no idea if Giggs had one then. But still, thats only one example...They tend to have them when they retire.

Drury said at the HOF Dinner he''d had opportunities to leave in his time here but was never interested.

Wonder who and when? Maybe just after our last relegation from Prem? Or under Roeder?

Its that Norwich City thing-people come here and, despite the apparant riches on offer elsewhere, they just seem too content to want to go anywhere else. Either that or they hightail it back here when they retire.

Unless you''re Keith O''Neill!

they just like norfolk ( well the sensible ones ) and retire to our great county. flecky,forbes,flem,hucks, the list is endless. all city suporters living in norfolk must live within five miles of an ex canary there are so many of them out there.[;)]

[quote user="thenorthstand"]I''m pleased he''s got a look in recently, it''s deserved after 11 years of loyal service![/quote]He has been playing well, he deserves his current run.I had my doubts that he could still do a job at this level, but am happy he has proved me wrong.

Only five managers? I take it that doesnt include caretakers?

Worthington, caretaker I cant remember the name of, Grant, another caretaker, Roeder, Gunn, Lambert.

You simply have to love Drury. Gives it his all every game.

[quote user="thenorthstand"]I think he deserves another year based on performances of late?[/quote]Agreed, though he may be at the point in his career where he wants to drop down a level to try and get a 2 year contract?