Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Great selections Pete! I''ve had a good feeling about this all week. Yesterday I could smell a win and today, having seen these from you, I can nearly touch it!

The first game is Celtic at 3pm tomorrow so I''ll sit on these overnight just in case there''s any postponements before then.

[/quote]

OK, they all look to be on so I placed the bet with 365 and the potential return is £23.77. I''ve learnt a lesson here because had I have placed the bet last night it would have been 25.61. By trying to do the right thing it looks like I did the wrong thing. Still got a good feeling about these though.

Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
Celtic @ 2/9
AZ @ 1/12
Barcelona @ 2/7
Benfica @ 1/7
PSV @ 1/10
FC Porto @ 1/9
Six-Folds, 1 bet * £10.00
11/02/2012 13:21:2610.000.00

Celtic get us underway at 3pm. Then we have AZ at 5:45, Barca at 7pm and we end today with Benfica at 8:30. Hopefully we will still be running tomorrow when PSV kick off at 1:30 and Porto at 8:15.

Thanks again for these Pete. You have been brave to face your Dutch demons head on. Wasn''t it PSV who let us down in added on time two years ago? I think you''ll lay that to rest with these. Good luck to you and all us PUPs[:)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Bloomin'' Norah!

2/7 for a Barcelona win! That must be the best odds that we ever got?!

[/quote]

I thought the phrase was Cluckin'' Nora young ''nana[;)]

Henry!! Get in!

[img]http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2012/1/10/1326153899915/Arsenals-Thierry-Henry-ce-007.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

Lucky, fruity lad[:P]

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]He''s murder to live with on days like this and after Sheff Wed were winning and Arsenal losing at one point[:''(][/quote]

He''s murder to live with would have covered it really Drinks[:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]He''s murder to live with on days like this and after Sheff Wed were winning and Arsenal losing at one point[:''(][/quote]

He''s murder to live with would have covered it really Drinks[:P]

[/quote]

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WhzyL8NnRew/TUhw7kyQDKI/AAAAAAAABlQ/IR_erczS7FI/s400/060728_grrr.jpg[/img]

Bloomin'' Norah!

[/quote]

Ermm losing 2-0 [:(]

[quote user="Kathy "][quote user="I am a Banana"]

Bloomin'' Norah!

[/quote]

Ermm losing 2-0 [:(]

[/quote]

Barca are still only 5/2 to win.  Thats pretty short for a team that has to score 3.  They''ve been in fairly poor form by their standards lately...  Perhaps the beginning of the end?  Messi been struggling a bit too, Xavi and Iniesta really are pivitol, more so than Messi, to that Barca team.

Messi 36 goals in 35, 17 assists. As far as I can remember, he''s kept that ratio fairly consistent this season.

Their manager, keeps on changing the team around, Xavi and Iniesta on the bench today, last week Sanchez and Pedro didn''t start. Messi plays nearly every minute of every game, so some stuttering would be perfectly acceptable after 3/4 seasons of top class football. I think Messi is the ''key'', Xavi and Iniesta are also pivotal, but because of Messi, Barca are just that bit better than Spain.

Lets keep the faith that they will perform a second half turn around, they have it in them!!

They''ve pulled one back, brought on Tello and Cuenca at half time, both decent young attackers, not quite at best team in the world standard yet, but I think they will be. Playing those two amongst others, is perhaps one of the reasons they haven''t been as good this season, Pep seems to be trying to go with the youngsters as much as possible. Game on, all hope is not yet lost, come on Barca.

Just after I posted that they scored :(

Think they might have just given up on the league, probably focusing on the Champions League and domestic cup.

Yes it''s kind of ironic I guess that Barcelona let Pete down. ButI bet you get another 5/6 Pete. This just shows how difficult getting all six really is. Someone else will get a win in the next few weeks and that win will be for all of us. Unlucky Pete, but you''ll be back[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Yes it''s kind of ironic I guess that Barcelona let Pete down. ButI bet you get another 5/6 Pete. This just shows how difficult getting all six really is. Someone else will get a win in the next few weeks and that win will be for all of us. Unlucky Pete, but you''ll be back[Y][/quote]Hopefully I will next week - I look forward to it! Unlucky Pete! [:(]

Looks like Barcelona are becoming my Bristol Rovers. Even with the Chumpions League next week I thought they would have too much for a team they beat 8-0 earlier in the season. At least I wasn''t denied six out of six in injury time again, and the Dutch demons have been laid to rest.

Hindsight is an exact science but i left Barca for once as i usually pick them if i go Spainish and went for Real who play tonight but unlucky Peter The Deleter.

Well, Spain has truly buggered up my folds this weekend and the Chesterfield v Charlton match was postponed, so for the sake of the PUPS League I''ll go for an FC Porto victory over Uniao Leiria.

NN - Not sure if and when I will be able to make it on next week, if not then Ill have Anderlecht to beat Westerlo. I expect this will change if I make it on and get the chance to do a bit more digging. Ta.Unlucky Pete, tough week.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]NN - Not sure if and when I will be able to make it on next week, if not then Ill have Anderlecht to beat Westerlo. I expect this will change if I make it on and get the chance to do a bit more digging. Ta.

Unlucky Pete, tough week.
[/quote]

Thanks Tom. It''s logged[Y]

Brilliant effort by you PUPs this week. 37/47 (2 void) 82% picked correctly. Between us we gave Pete 23 different selections (2 void) and 16 won a strike rate of 76%. Pete got 5/6 with just Barca letting him down. So close this week but we’ll be winning again soon.

Here’s the latest league table showing those PUPs with over 50% correct from at least 50% available weeks. The dotted line is the cut off point for the “Fab 40”. Those finishing above that line will make the picks next season : -

Mr. Bump 22-23 96

Trent Canary 22-23 96

Nrflkbroadslim 21-22 95

Jed Exodus 21-23 91

Kathy 21-23 91

Statto 21-23 91

Til 1010 21-23 91

Beauseant 20-23 87

Dogger 20-23 87

Fonejacker 20-23 87

Herman 20-23 87

Hughesy 19-22 86