Sign in to follow this  
BW

With the idea of Holt and Huckerby Statues

etc do you not think that is being unambitious it to me highlights this was our glory days the highest we got. Do we not wait until we are premiership champions and european champions before getting player statues...discuss

[quote user="BW"]etc do you not think that is being unambitious it to me highlights this was our glory days the highest we got. Do we not wait until we are premiership champions and european champions before getting player statues...discuss[/quote]

Too much time spent in Amsterdam BW!  Either you''re talking double Dutch, or your eyesight is failing...................

Kevin Keelan.

Holt and Lambert can have one later.

Or we could just have our team and what''s in front of them leaving the statues to clubs with no future.

Had to bring them down myself Cluck was out on the razz and kids were crying couldn''t get a moments kip.

"or your eyesight is failing.................."you can warn boys of his age, but little heed is ever paid

Statues of players is a tricky one..................The club was obviously formed in 1902.  There would have been many different generations of players during that time who would have shone to a higher level.  It''s all about personal preference really.  I think if the club decided to go about statues then it should be narrowed down to 15-20 players who have really shone during their NCFC careers. 

I reckon statues are good in a pose of something that they are remembered fondly for.  Such as Gossy in mid-air for his Volley against Bayern! 

What other memorbale posing statues regarding Norwich players can you think of?

[quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]Carl Bradshaw in a taxi.

[/quote]

Or Matty Pattison in his underpants. But surely the serious answer is that is has to be a statue of The Unknown Fag Packet Accountant?[:P]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

Or Matty Pattison in his underpants. But surely the serious answer is that is has to be a statue of The Unknown Fag Packet Accountant?[:P]

[/quote]

Mr Bean (counter)[:^)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mike Walker, Martin O''Neil and Neil Doncaster, all with their backs to the club?  Robert Chase on a toilet?Is there anyone who is so great as to merit a statue?  If you look at what the likes of Shankly and Busby achieved, you know why they have statues.  Bobby Charlton was a lifelong servant to United - he gave all of his best years to them, making 38 appearances to PNE over two seasons as a manager without enough decent players at the end of a 20 year Man U career.  Do we really have anyone that holds a candle to them?  We may well have depending on how Mr L lasts, but not in my era, we don''t.  I fully expect a Fergie statue when he retires, looking at his record of service to Man U over the last 20 years.