Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

If you were impowered

to make one change/improvement to this otherwise admirable and extremely busy board, what would it be?

Mine:  An edit facility in the same way that every other forum I have ever used has one ie. for use after posting. 

As it is, it is impossible to amend any grammatical, spelling or typo mistkes that you make, nor add an afterthought or even retract a statement. It fustrates me a lot.

But i love it when someone says something and ends out to be wrong with the edit button its hard to prove what was originally said....I am sure thats what many of the Pinkun posters are thinking lets catch the WIzard out the scumbag pitchforks at the ready ....ohh it''s just sad really they need to grow up.

I don''t think you are allowed to edit thread titles on any board, unless you really did mean ''powered by very small people''... ;)

[quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]It''s "empowered".[/quote]

''Fraid BBB''s right, Broadstairs ....!

But yes, I agree with you fully. An edit button would be very useful, and I''m amazed that it''s not available in this day and age.

As for the point about not being able to see whether a post had been edited, that''s not necessary. Most providers have a facility to show at the bottom of any edited posting who it was edited by, how many times, and precisely when.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Oops! See what I mean. I have to live with that forever now.[/quote] 

Now I forget the question mark after "mean."

I friggin'' give up.

Thanks anyhow BBB. 

[quote user="BW"]But i love it when someone says something and ends out to be wrong with the edit button its hard to prove what was originally said....I am sure thats what many of the Pinkun posters are thinking lets catch the WIzard out the scumbag pitchforks at the ready ....ohh it''s just sad really they need to grow up.[/quote]I completely agree, an edit button would allow people to cheat their way out of being proven wrong. It would remove half of the fun.

[quote user="Jonzey"]]

I completely agree, an edit button would allow people to cheat their way out of being proven wrong. It would remove half of the fun.
[/quote]

I really don''t get that argument. If you''re proven wrong you''re proven wrong. The vast majority of posts are pretty ephemeral in any case and that factor does not outweigh the ability to add an afterthought (or even correct a thread title for that matter) or to correct a bloomer. IMHO. 

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

to make one change/improvement to this otherwise admirable and extremely busy board, what would it be?

[/quote]An accompanying 24 hour anti-bullying hotline, staffed by trained and sensitive care workers.

A little paper clip man like the Microsoft one.  Each time you spell something wrong, or misplace an apostrophe he pops up and calls you an uneducated scumbag belonging to the social under-class.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

An accompanying 24 hour anti-bullying hotline, staffed by trained and sensitive care workers.

[/quote]

Kind of like an emergency ward at a hospital then Chops. Blood all over the place and long wait times while those sensitive workers are playing cards in the back room.

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]A little paper clip man like the Microsoft one.  Each time you spell something wrong, or misplace an apostrophe he pops up and calls you an uneducated scumbag belonging to the social under-class.[/quote]Ideally he should be wearing a tweed suit.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]An accompanying 24 hour anti-bullying hotline, staffed by trained and sensitive care workers.[/quote]That sounds right up my street........

[quote user="First Wizard"]A brain, and enough self esteem to stop my constant attention seeking with deliberately "controversial" threads, particularly on Friday mornings.[/quote]He said one thing.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]A brain, and enough self esteem to stop my constant attention seeking with deliberately "controversial" forgeries, particularly on any mornings.

He said one thing.
[/quote]

Okay, read your quote[;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]A brain, and enough self esteem to stop my constant attention seeking with deliberately "controversial" forgeries, particularly on any mornings.He said one thing.[/quote]

Okay, read your quote[;)]

[/quote]It would have worked if you''d remembered to delete "he said one thing," you daft old gimmer.  Still, 9/10 for effort [Y]I await Friday morning with more interest than usual...