Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

The Managers Job

Bearing in mind the Lee Clark situation will Paul Lambert and his boys need to ''watch their backs'' if we suffer a heavy reverse against the Red Devils a week on Saturday?

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]What a stupid thread[/quote]

think he was trying to be funny, but then noticed his name, and realised its a pantomime script.

Thing is though DC, Lambert has managed to do what Clark couldn''t do and in a shorter time scale.

Getting out of League One was Lambert''s task, how would you say he has performed in that compared to Clark?

[quote user="First Wizard"]Good God help me. [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Confused/crazy.gif[/IMG][/quote]

And so says the man who a short while ago started a thread with the ridiculous title " Lambert talking to Wolves"[:''(]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Good God help me. [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Confused/crazy.gif[/IMG][/quote]

And so says the man who a short while ago started a thread with the ridiculous title " Lambert talking to Wolves"[:''(]

[/quote]

You left off the ? Til.

And in that thread what part of my original quote didn''t you grasp:

Load of old nonsense imo.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

You left off the ? Til.

[/quote]

Exactly Wiz as your opinion is that this thread topic is a load of old nonsense but is it any more nonsense than the one you started ?

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

You left off the ? Til.

[/quote]

Exactly Wiz as your opinion is that this thread topic is a load of old nonsense but is it any more nonsense than the one you started ?

[quote user="First Wizard"]Good God help me. [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Confused/crazy.gif[/IMG][/quote]haha! that little animated chap is funny!

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Bearing in mind the Lee Clark situation will Paul Lambert and his boys need to ''watch their backs'' if we suffer a heavy reverse against the Red Devils a week on Saturday?
[/quote].....using your flawed logic, they should have gone after losing to spurs or arsenal, after all losing at home in the premiership is just not acceptable.

Have you read some of the comments on here? Just to repeat some of these plonkers will be screaming for Lambert''s head if Saturdays result is followed by another couple of defeats!I cannot believe some of the comments re qualification for Europe, please know our place, a team that prior to Saturday was punching well above it''s weight and success this year remains avoiding relegation. Only the deluded believe that we are a genuine ''top half'' outfit at this stage and next year will be substantially more difficult!

if we lose we could go down to 9th we were one of the 3 favourates to go down at the start of the year so 9th is a disgrace. what an idiot thing to post. the clubs better off without you

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="First Wizard"]Good God help me. [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Confused/crazy.gif[/IMG][/quote][/quote]Strangely, taken out of context it all makes sense [:D]

[quote user="marks"]this guy must be a ipswich fan trying to stir up trouble.[/quote]My first match following Norwich was against Sunderland on 16/9/1961 - we won 3-1 - Brian Clough led their attack (Barry Butler (you may not have heard of him) did not give him a kick!What those years have taught me is to be realistic, not to get too carried away with success or too down in defeat much the same as Paul Lambert preaches and one of the reasons he has the potential to be such a fine Manager.Like many others on here Marks/Wizard you have made a knee jerk reaction/judgement and like them you are of course incorrect!

[quote user="Derby Canary"][quote user="marks"]this guy must be a ipswich fan trying to stir up trouble.[/quote]My first match following Norwich was against Sunderland on 16/9/1961 - we won 3-1 - Brian Clough led their attack (Barry Butler (you may not have heard of him) did not give him a kick!What those years have taught me is to be realistic, not to get too carried away with success or too down in defeat much the same as Paul Lambert preaches and one of the reasons he has the potential to be such a fine Manager.Like many others on here Marks/Wizard you have made a knee jerk reaction/judgement and like them you are of course incorrect!

[/quote]i was not the one who started this knee jerk thread

i still think your an ipswich fan no matter who you say you saw in a norwich shirt. a norwich fan would never mention getting rid of a manager when we are 8th in the premier league. either that or you were drunk at the time

[quote user="marks"]i still think your an ipswich fan no matter who you say you saw in a norwich shirt. a norwich fan would never mention getting rid of a manager when we are 8th in the premier league. either that or you were drunk at the time[/quote]

You misunderstand Marks, my comments were meant to highlight the ridiculous situation of dismissing a good young Manager like Lee Clark and likening it to considering a similar fete for our excellent Manager should the tide temporarily turn. Owners/Boards of Football Clubs and regretfully some supporters sadly have short memories and the win and all costs demands are unrealistic.

Paul Lambert (and David McNally) are the best thing that has happened to this Club for many years and long may it continue!