Sign in to follow this  
Lingo

Newcastle away

Any one know when tickets are out for this one? Id also like to know whats the veiws like and where to park etc as ive never been

Whats the view like? You get a great view of the whole pitch. Unfortunately you are so far away from it you need a telescope to see who has the ball. Its a bit like watching a table football game being played in your garden from an upstairs window.

Bah, take no notice.Its a fantastic stadium and a great away day - parking''s a doddle and there are pubs a plenty near the ground.

For anyone planning a trip to Newcastle I''d hold off booking travel etc. as I''ve got a feeling our game could easily be moved to the Sunday for live Sky coverage.  The current scheduled Sky 4pm match is Aston Villa v Bolton, but with Bolton in the 6th round this will be postponed.  The three Saturday fixtures still going ahead are:Fulham v SwanseaNewcastle v NorwichWigan v West BromIn my mind our match would be the most logical choice for Sky.

For anyone planning a trip to Newcastle I''d hold off booking travel etc. as I''ve got a feeling our game could easily be moved to the Sunday for live Sky coverage.  The current scheduled Sky 4pm match is Aston Villa v Bolton, but with Bolton in the 6th round this will be postponed.  The three Saturday fixtures still going ahead are:

Fulham v Swansea
Newcastle v Norwich
Wigan v West Brom

In my mind our match would be the most logical choice for Sky.

Hadn''t thought about that. Had my hotel booked for several weeks totally forgetting it was the FA cup scheduled for that day. Thought when we lost on Saturday my booking was safe, now you have put me into depression again. Was going to book train last night but couldn''t find a ticket for under £90. May hold off a bit longer.

[quote user="jbghost"]

For anyone planning a trip to Newcastle I''d hold off booking travel etc. as I''ve got a feeling our game could easily be moved to the Sunday for live Sky coverage.  The current scheduled Sky 4pm match is Aston Villa v Bolton, but with Bolton in the 6th round this will be postponed.  The three Saturday fixtures still going ahead are:Fulham v SwanseaNewcastle v NorwichWigan v West BromIn my mind our match would be the most logical choice for Sky.

Hadn''t thought about that. Had my hotel booked for several weeks totally forgetting it was the FA cup scheduled for that day. Thought when we lost on Saturday my booking was safe, now you have put me into depression again. Was going to book train last night but couldn''t find a ticket for under £90. May hold off a bit longer.

[/quote]I organise the away travel for the Capital Canaries, trying to get a cheap fare anything other than 12 weeks in advance on the East Coast Mainline at weekends is almost impossible!  I was quoted almost £80 return from London (based on the Saturday) about 6 weeks ago, but it was only valid there and then for 10+ travellers, so had to say no.

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="jbghost"]

For anyone planning a trip to Newcastle I''d hold off booking travel etc. as I''ve got a feeling our game could easily be moved to the Sunday for live Sky coverage.  The current scheduled Sky 4pm match is Aston Villa v Bolton, but with Bolton in the 6th round this will be postponed.  The three Saturday fixtures still going ahead are:

Fulham v Swansea
Newcastle v Norwich
Wigan v West Brom

In my mind our match would be the most logical choice for Sky.

[/quote]I organise the away travel for the Capital Canaries, trying to get a cheap fare anything other than 12 weeks in advance on the East Coast Mainline at weekends is almost impossible!  I was quoted almost £80 return from London (based on the Saturday) about 6 weeks ago, but it was only valid there and then for 10+ travellers, so had to say no.
[/quote]

Looks like I will be driving as there are 3 of us.(£270 for train!!)  Hotel booked for Saturday so even if the game is moved to Sunday we can have a good night out in Newcastle.

[quote user="NWC"]Bah, take no notice.
Its a fantastic stadium and a great away day - parking''s a doddle and there are pubs a plenty near the ground.
[/quote]

All that is right NWC[Y] But so are the comments about where the away fans are placed. I loved it, went twice in 2004 and was proud that I did the stairs. If I go again it would be the lift for sure.[sn] But it is like looking down on a subeteo pitch.

There''s parking right next to the ground, but you''d need to get there early to get a space.  There''s several multi-storey car parks in the city and the ground is within easy walking distance from these as Newcastle is a fairly compact city or there''s Claremont road car park which is near the RVI hospital again within easy walking distance to the ground but also on the outskirts so near to the dual carraigeway. 

I wouldn''t really recommend any of the pubs next to the ground for away fans.

Just spoke to the ticket office...

Tickets are not being released by NUFC until they get the decision from Sky as to whether the game is to be televised or not.

It looks like they''ll go straight to general sale, and that they''ll be able to be bought from 9am on Sunday.

From what I understand, it''ll probably be the later kick off on the Sunday if it''s Sky''d.

I''m going to be there either way - it''s a short trip from Sheffield, and I''m stopping overnight with a mate (NUFC supporter who bought his ticket this morning - they''ve released them to home "members")

Ben

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="NWC"]Bah, take no notice.Its a fantastic stadium and a great away day - parking''s a doddle and there are pubs a plenty near the ground.[/quote]

All that is right NWC[Y] But so are the comments about where the away fans are placed. I loved it, went twice in 2004 and was proud that I did the stairs. If I go again it would be the lift for sure.[sn] But it is like looking down on a subeteo pitch.

[/quote]Agree with Nutty and NWC on this except that the seats are too high up in the stand or at least they were when the away fans were seated in the corner. I believe they''re behind the goal now so it will be a little nearer to the pitch this time.It really is a great stadium though. Right in the city centre, very near the train station and there''s loads of pubs and places to eat too.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="NWC"]Bah, take no notice.Its a fantastic stadium and a great away day - parking''s a doddle and there are pubs a plenty near the ground.[/quote]

[/quote]

Subuteo pitch is right, hopefully some of the younger posters will actually know what that means[:)]    Last time I went there were medics at the top of the steps with oxygen, thats no joke.   I have been down on the pitch there and it amazed me how big a slope there is in one corner of the pitch.

Game has now been moved to Sunday at 4pm for Sky purposes.. Had some friends coming up to visit who booked trains home for late Sunday afternoon who are very pissed off!

Anyway, as it is... Newcastle is not only a great night out but the ground is so close to the town centre/pubs etc it is a great away day. The locals are passionate but very friendly as well which makes for a good atmosphere!

Happy to give suggestions on some good/cheap drinking places as well!

Ok Newcastle Canary, lets pick a pub for all us Norwich fans to meet in on Saturday night. Loads of us will be going up for the weekend.

Any one know how many tickets have been sold? And what letter is the back row?