Sign in to follow this  
Lord Horn

Feeder Club sack Manager!

I guess it has been coming, he just hasn''t pulled them up the league. Thanks for Howson and Bradley though!

Is it ridiculous to sack him immediately AFTER the transfer window or is it good sense? On the one hand the new manager now has to go with what they''ve got, but on the other hand, any additions have been made by the guy that knew the squad best. I''m not sure.

This somewhat concerns me because I am unsure about the terms and conditions relating to our Leeds United Club Card. Has anyone studied the small print - will it still be valid for 10% off all player purchases now Grayson has gone ?

@Ashwood - I think we might be able to buy Snodgrass on loyalty points in the summer because of the points we accrued from signing Johnson & Howson.

I think it will be fine mate.

it reopens in another week so there''s no real problem thereColin will be well suited there, a club with a fan base of eternal whingers

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Is it ridiculous to sack him immediately AFTER the transfer window or is it good sense? On the one hand the new manager now has to go with what they''ve got, but on the other hand, any additions have been made by the guy that knew the squad best. I''m not sure.[/quote]

Doesn''t make any sense and just makes it look like a complete knee jerk reaction. The loan market is very effective when you are looking to get something extra to push you over the line. But when that is all you have at your disposal then you are in trouble.

Knowing Bates he may try to appoint a more higher profile manager manager in the hope of trying to shift a few more season tickets.

Why do they keep getting called our feeder club?

We didn''t even buy Johnson from them, he left at the end of his contract. And unless i''m missing someone obvious, that means we''ve only signed one player directly from Leeds....

Seems strange to sack Grayson, didn''t they do that before? Only to get him back? Or am I imagining that... Think its a case of Leeds wanting unrealistically to be better than they are, because they used to be.

Perhaps they want Warnock, certainly wouldn''t be the worst move he could make, maybe Steve Bruce. Problem with them, is they like to spend money. Which Bates doesn''t like, so i''m not sure either of them would be that happy there.

If Colin goes there, do you think he will ban the players from using Twitter - as that was the reason he got sacked, not the poor performance...

[quote user="Lord Horn"]See that Grayson''s been sacked!  What a mess they are in![/quote]Bugger me he could''ve sold us Snoddy for peanuts last night first.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why do they keep getting called our feeder club? We didn''t even buy Johnson from them, he left at the end of his contract. And unless i''m missing someone obvious, that means we''ve only signed one player directly from Leeds.....[/quote]

I think it''s their little joke, GP. Not the best, but certainly by no means the worst ever seen on this site.

It seems that Grayson has been living on borrowed time at Elland Rd for a while now . A bit of a case of him having taken them as far as he can, and a new guy needed to freshen things up . Ring any bells nearer home ???

In fairness to Colin, he''s probably the sort of guy who could go in for a short period and shake things up...probably get them to the play-offs. then, who knows ?

[quote user="Ashwood"]This somewhat concerns me because I am unsure about the terms and conditions relating to our Leeds United Club Card. Has anyone studied the small print - will it still be valid for 10% off all player purchases now Grayson has gone ?[/quote]

There''s an official sale on already - however I''m a little unsure how to place one R Snodgrass in my basket and proceed to the checkout? http://www.leedsunited.com/page/Welcome

Sense of humour failure GP!?

Is it not amusing to refer to a once giant of English football as our feeder club?

There has been/still is the possibility of Snodgrass joining.

And actually, it originated from a very funny post on their message board where someone had written something along the lines of:

"One day i''m going to wake from a horrendous recurring nightmare in which we have become Norwich''s feeder club"

You can''t deny it''s pretty funny and ironic even if the boring reality is, as you have pointed out, that we have only signed one of their players.

Just as Ipswich are the binners, that is how they are referred to.

Equally, at least while it''s still relevant, we can refer to Leeds as our feeder club. Just for a laugh like.

You''re not meant to dine out on it!

[quote user="First Wizard"]I''m shocked and what a odd time to do it.[/quote]

Not really.

Bates doesn''t have any money to give to the new manager (it''s all in the Cayman Islands you see) to spend so sacking Grayson a day after the transfer window closes makes perfect sense.

Rather terrifyingly though I sat behind Phil Brown at the home match against Ipswich last week. Please god no.

Great quote from Bates on Yorkshire Radio (his radio station) an hour ago:

"We''re bulding a club first and a team second."

Do you lot know how lucky you are?

[quote user="WW"]Great quote from Bates on Yorkshire Radio (his radio station) an hour ago:

Do you lot know how lucky you are?[/quote]There''s many on here who can''t stand our joint majority shareholders and have repeatedly called for investment - any investment, any foreign cartel or clique - to be given the club to run, and/or for Delia & MWJ to sell up and stand down because "someone would have to take over and anyone''s better than the current lot."  Some - 1st Wizard, for one - were calling for the club to be put into administration to force them out.I''m sorry that any supporters have to go through the sh*t that you lot seem to be right now, but this looks like an object lesson to the moaners here re: the old cliche about the grass not being greener on the other side.

Seriously ww, we do. The topic of "when will Lambert leave" is never far from our minds because we know this could all end very quickly, especially if we don''t have a succession plan and don''t learn from every minute of the last 7 years. Not to mention from all the other cautionary tales that litter recent premier league history.

We have been where you are, (although spared of an owner like Bates admittedly) and if I''m honest, I don''t care if you''re Leeds, Blackburn, Portsmouth or whoever, it''s not something I like to see.

[quote user="WW"][quote user="First Wizard"]I''m shocked and what a odd time to do it.[/quote] Not really. Bates doesn''t have any money to give to the new manager (it''s all in the Cayman Islands you see) to spend so sacking Grayson a day after the transfer window closes makes perfect sense. Rather terrifyingly though I sat behind Phil Brown at the home match against Ipswich last week. Please god no.[/quote]

I would be feeling exactly the same as you WW. Good luck with that one.

Y''know WW I''m quite sympathetic to the plight Leeds are in, as I''ve lived here all my life and work in the shadow of the ground on Lowfields Road.I''m sure it all boils down to the bad blood between Leeds and Chelsea all those years ago, and Bates is determined to ruin the place. However, he''s running out of time and the club and its fans will outlive old Papa Smurf. You only have to hope he doesn''t leave it all to Battersea Dogs Home in his will!If we were in the same situation, I wouldn''t set foot in Carrow Road until the owners had gone. The only way to get rid of Bates is to hit him in the pocket. A season of attendances below 10,000 should sort that out!Hope it all goes well in the end.Leedscanary

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="WW"]Great quote from Bates on Yorkshire Radio (his radio station) an hour ago:

Do you lot know how lucky you are?[/quote]There''s many on here who can''t stand our joint majority shareholders and have repeatedly called for investment - any investment, any foreign cartel or clique - to be given the club to run, and/or for Delia & MWJ to sell up and stand down because "someone would have to take over and anyone''s better than the current lot."  Some - 1st Wizard, for one - were calling for the club to be put into administration to force them out.I''m sorry that any supporters have to go through the sh*t that you lot seem to be right now, but this looks like an object lesson to the moaners here re: the old cliche about the grass not being greener on the other side.[/quote]

From the outside, and I ofcourse don''t know all the facts, your club seems to be run well.

Your manager is tactically astute and has a great eye for a player, you keep your best players and you''re 10th in the premiership.

Sounds like a dream to me.

Imagine you''re 10th in The Championship, Ken Bates is your chairman and he''s sold Fox, Holt and Hoolahan and has replaced them with three loans from Aston Villa''s/Stoke''s reserves then he tells you all the money has gone.

Then you''re asked to pay £700 to watch it all.

And if you don''t like it and you protest he calls you a "moron".

There is also the difference between fans of different clubs. For every lunatic halfwit(or clost binner) calling for an ''hinvestor'', irrespective of the terms of that handover there were far more ''wiser'' heads urging caution.The irony with us being that many of those who were overexciting themselves in their clamour for an ''hinvestor'' and that the club should show ''hambition'' and the very ones who are npw bemoaning the fact that we are in a strong position in the league and have reached the furthest we have been in the FA CUP in a couple of decades.Now the demand is that the club should settle, not for second best, ..... but 17th best !

The games against Leeds in the previous two season were highlights. Proper supporters, passionate and loud. Shame they have a buffoon in charge. Grayson always seemed a decent guy too.

[quote user="a1canary"]Seriously ww, we do. The topic of "when will Lambert leave" is never far from our minds because we know this could all end very quickly, especially if we don''t have a succession plan and don''t learn from every minute of the last 7 years. Not to mention from all the other cautionary tales that litter recent premier league history.

We have been where you are, (although spared of an owner like Bates admittedly) and if I''m honest, I don''t care if you''re Leeds, Blackburn, Portsmouth or whoever, it''s not something I like to see.[/quote]

Appreciated.