Sign in to follow this  
Irn Bru Canary

Is this the first time..........

I agree that booing at half time is ridiculous, but why should we be happy losing and drawing winnable games at home? If we finished bottom this season with record low points, would people still be happy just because of where we were 2 years ago? That has about as much relevance as where we were 20 years ago, which was beating Munich away as it happens! We are a Premier League side, so should be expecting to win Premier League games!

[quote user="morrisons black eye"][quote user="smiley"]I think he could be gone by the end of the season, and its his way of maybe disconnecting with the fans so to speak. If the club don''t give him the money in Jan i bet he''ll be gone by mid March. Hope i''m wrong.[/quote]He has never critised the fans since he has been here. Also the pre match interview he seemed peed off. I don''t like his body language ATM it is a bit concerning to me and i am wondering if he has had his head turned by a bigger club. Hope i am wrong but something does not seem right with him. [/quote]Yep, Norwich fans all over. Lambert says get behind the team. That translates to "I''m pissed off and i''m leaving".Why people find the need to consistently come up with worst-case scenario''s and start regarding them as fact i have no idea.And i completely agree with Lambert. Atmosphere was very flat - Fulham fans didnt help but i felt we started to groan and moan a bit too much on saturday. We were playing a very good side with much stronger financial backing and a much more premiership-experienced squad than us. We weren''t as fans, half as patient as the players were.And those who are saying "well i wouldnt be surprised if he buggars off in January" can quite frankly, fcuk off and show some respect to one of the best managers we''ve had.

[quote user="ryan1992"]I agree that booing at half time is ridiculous, but why should we be happy losing and drawing winnable games at home? If we finished bottom this season with record low points, would people still be happy just because of where we were 2 years ago? That has about as much relevance as where we were 20 years ago, which was beating Munich away as it happens! We are a Premier League side, so should be expecting to win Premier League games![/quote]Strange post.a) Nobody is saying we are happy losing and drawing "winnable" games at home. I wasn''t happy we drew against Fulham but I was a lot happier in the 95th minute than I was in the 93rd.b) Where we were 2 years ago, and last season, and the journey of the last 2 seasons is completely relevant because we have a number of the same players, same manager and same philosophy.  20 years ago we had someone called Culverhouse but that was about it.

[quote user="ryan1992"]I agree that booing at half time is ridiculous, but why should we be happy losing and drawing winnable games at home? If we finished bottom this season with record low points, would people still be happy just because of where we were 2 years ago? That has about as much relevance as where we were 20 years ago, which was beating Munich away as it happens! We are a Premier League side, so should be expecting to win Premier League games![/quote]

Well now, if we manage to sctatch around above the relegation zone for the next two seasons let''s just hope that the board don''t get too hasty in building that stand. Because lots of fans are going to expect more and be disappointed. We are unlikely to do much better so there could be tickets aplenty available in the current stands.

Fulham have been in the prem for what must be 10 years and we should be beating them. How does that work? It was a great point, hard fought, well won and well deserved. Each point this season will be just as difficult to come by.

We were told the other night that we had no right to expect to compete with the likes of Tottenham by a lot of people on here yet Swansea outplayed them yesterday and were more than a little unlucky not to take all three points . Have to agree with the look where we were two years ago, Lambert trots it out after every match like a broken record win ,lose or draw and it has no relevance whatsoever , as for the supporters expecting to beat Fulham i believe it is more a case of them knowing that failure to beat the likes of Fulham at home will probably lead to relegation .

Booing affects the players in a negative way - FACT. If we were in 20th position, with no win on the board, players looking disinterested and Lambert looking clueless, than I could see justification for booing (after the game has ended). But to boo a team at half time, a team who were in 10th position when 2 seasons ago we were in 46th position, just because we weren''t beating a team who competed in the Europa League Final 2010 - some suggest they are a ''smaller'' club than us - is unjustifiable and embarrassing.

If we were relegated, who would be embarrassed? Who would boo the players and the management? The lads have done us proud, so show some respect!

Booing ?   Booing ?   If anyone reads this who boos at our team when they are finding things difficult - do me   - and the rest of us a favour - don''t bother coming to the matches.     We don''t need you, it would be better if you stayed away.  Give your tickets to people who know how to support their club and are prepared to get behind their team.   Booing is just ignorant and is of no help whatsoever.   In short - if you booed on Saturday - you are a waste of space - you are not supporters - go down the road and go and support there - at least they have a reason to boo.   

I honestly can''t believe people are getting so precious about Lambert''s comments.I think Norwich fans are some of the most fantastically loyal supporters you will find.  The mainstream media will ignore it, of course, but the way our crowds held up both home and away even as we fell into the third tier is something many clubs can only dream of.  Not only do the media ignore it but I think at times, judging by what I''ve read on here in the past, some of us take it for granted too.However, having said that, on this occasion I think what Lambert has said is totally justified.  We go from not being able to buy a win against some pretty hopeless Championship and League One sides to playing in the top-flight within a couple of years or so and now suddenly we should be just turning up to beat teams like Fulham who have been in the Premier League for a decade.  And when, inevitably, things don''t pan out that way, the team get booed off at half-time and generally create a fairly anxious and tense atmosphere.I get the feeling that Lambert is proud of what he, his fellow coaching staff and players has achieved since he''s been here.  And why not?  Nobody else has ever done at this club what he''s managed to do.  I''d be proud of that too and he''s well within his rights to mention it whenever he wants; his record speaks for itself.And, do you know what, we should be proud of it.  Not only of him, but of what the players on the pitch have achieved; of how a relatively young group of players, most of whom have only played as high as the Championship if they''re lucky, have approached the undoubted challenge of performing every week at the top level.  Lest we forget, our management team have never experienced this either.  They''re often up against seasoned pros who''ve been coaching to this standard for a long time, and who have (on paper) better quality players and more resources at their disposal than we could possibly hope for at this point in time.It''s difficult sometimes in the heat of the moment when a game is in progress to remember this - we all groan at misplaced passes and hold our heads in our hands when a free header or shot from six yards flies over with five minutes left.  We''re all frustrated when we lose a match, regardless of the opposition or the way we''ve played.  But they''re all learning all the time and invariably things will go wrong and mistakes will be made.  For instance, I think the team selection yesterday was not at all balanced and we lacked conviction and any sort of shape for the most part.  But that''s not the time to get on their backs.  We need to stick with them, encourage them and want them to keep trying to do the right things.  It''s a huge ask for this group of players to keep playing to such a high standard every week - mentally it must be extremely trying, knowing that if they dip below that standard they''re likely to get punished for it - and if there''s any sort of tension in the stands that with transmit itself onto the pitch.So maybe we can have a bit more trust in what everyone is trying to do.  I think they''ve earned it, you know.  Not only that but they''ve earned the right to make the odd error now and again.  The last two-and-a-half years has shown we can trust and have faith in the manager and the squad.  They owe us nothing - we now owe them the patience and support that will unquestionably give them a huge boost to get through a period when maybe psychologically it''s getting a little tougher for them.  Instead of people fearing the worst all the time (remember the mass panic that exploded on here in April 2010 when we lost to Leyton Orient?  Or last year when everybody seemed convinced Lambert was going to jump ship?) we should be much more positive.Paul Lambert is arguably the best manager we''ve ever had.  Not only that, but he''s shown no desire to leave.  One day he will, I don''t doubt that, but he''s not in a hurry to do so.  He loves it here.  He loves the job, the club and everyone associated with it and I think he always will even when he moves on.  So why don''t we all bear this in mind and stay with him and his players during games?  And most of all try and enjoy it because this won''t last forever, and when he moves on and/or we hit a real dodgy patch again, some people will regret letting it all pass them by.

Forget about ''where we were two years ago'' for a minute.  Just before we kicked off away to Wigan, had we all knew we''d be 7pts clear of the relegation zone (8pts with our GD) come Jan 1st, we''d all have been delighted (as I''m sure most are).  The problem with some people is that with our current position, the bar has been raised, and they take a very short term view.The only thing anyone should be concerned with between now and May is where we are compared with whoever sits third bottom.  Nothing else matters.Here''s a point to sit up and take note of.  Outside of the top 6, the only teams where we''ve failed to pick up any points are Villa and West Brom.  As our position in the ''relegation mini-league'' indicates, that''s a very good record for the first half of the season.As for Lambert''s comments, I fully agree with him.  We should salute and encourage the players for doing their absolute best - other than Swansea and QPR, they are coming up against seasoned PL players who possess an abundance of savvy and guile.  As we saw with Fulham yesterday, before we gained a deserved point.

[quote user="Striker"]Forget about ''where we were two years ago'' for a minute.  Just before we kicked off away to Wigan, had we all knew we''d be 7pts clear of the relegation zone (8pts with our GD) come Jan 1st, we''d all have been delighted (as I''m sure most are).  The problem with some people is that with our current position, the bar has been raised, and they take a very short term view.The only thing anyone should be concerned with between now and May is where we are compared with whoever sits third bottom.  Nothing else matters.Here''s a point to sit up and take note of.  Outside of the top 6, the only teams where we''ve failed to pick up any points are Villa and West Brom.  As our position in the ''relegation mini-league'' indicates, that''s a very good record for the first half of the season.As for Lambert''s comments, I fully agree with him.  We should salute and encourage the players for doing their absolute best - other than Swansea and QPR, they are coming up against seasoned PL players who possess an abundance of savvy and guile.  As we saw with Fulham yesterday, before we gained a deserved point.[/quote]With substantial prize money to be gained for ever place up the Premier League pecking order we finish is it really as clear cut as you state?

[quote user="Prem1"]We were told the other night that we had no right to expect to compete with the likes of Tottenham by a lot of people on here yet Swansea outplayed them yesterday and were more than a little unlucky not to take all three points . Have to agree with the look where we were two years ago, Lambert trots it out after every match like a broken record win ,lose or draw and it has no relevance whatsoever , as for the supporters expecting to beat Fulham i believe it is more a case of them knowing that failure to beat the likes of Fulham at home will probably lead to relegation .
[/quote]

Swansea were unlucky not to get all 3 points? I reckon Swansea have had a lot of bad luck just lately. After all they''ve only won one game since October and they only drew 1-1 in what was I guess their "must win" home game against QPR. All these stats are what have no relevance whatsoever. Because that''s what league football is all about. The only stat that matters is the league table. And the fact is that sitting in 10th place with 22 points at the turn of the year is, regardless of where we were 2 years ago, above what anyone expected last August.

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="Prem1"]Lets see how long Paul Lambert sticks with the team once a bigger club comes calling , he will be off quicker than you can say On The Ball City.

[/quote]

If that happens he will go with my blessing and thanks for performing a miracle.[/quote]

Spot on[Y]

And with some of our fans i wouldn''t blame him either.

[/quote]On the money.

[quote user="Prem1"]We were told the other night that we had no right to expect to compete with the likes of Tottenham by a lot of people on here yet Swansea outplayed them yesterday and were more than a little unlucky not to take all three points . Have to agree with the look where we were two years ago, Lambert trots it out after every match like a broken record win ,lose or draw and it has no relevance whatsoever , as for the supporters expecting to beat Fulham i believe it is more a case of them knowing that failure to beat the likes of Fulham at home will probably lead to relegation .[/quote]I come on here every now and again and each time i think to myself.. "Right, i know there''s going to be some idiots on here posting some right old tripe. There''s no criteria for registering, no 10 question intellect-based quizzes; not even a confirm your email requirement! So don''t let any of them get to you.."But it happens time and time again.Lambert `trots it out` as you so fantastically put it, each game, to remind complete bellends like yourself the reality of the situation we''re in. We are top half of the premiership. We we''re in league one two years ago. How can you say that has no relevance? We have players from that squad, we have performed way ahead the schedule of the board, the management and the players. We have not consolidated once since Lambert took over. Now it''s quite easy to tell you have an evident problem with Lambert, your previous posts indicate this throughout but you never have the balls to come out and say it. Do you attend games? If so, i highly recommend you say some of the stuff you say on here to the fans that sit around you. Hopefully one of them will give you a thump.

[quote user="smiley"]I think he could be gone by the end of the season, and its his way of maybe disconnecting with the fans so to speak. If the club don''t give him the money in Jan i bet he''ll be gone by mid March. Hope i''m wrong.[/quote]

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="smiley"]I think he could be gone by the end of the season, and its his way of maybe disconnecting with the fans so to speak. If the club don''t give him the money in Jan i bet he''ll be gone by mid March. Hope i''m wrong.[/quote][/quote]

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="smiley"]I think he could be gone by the end of the season, and its his way of maybe disconnecting with the fans so to speak. If the club don''t give him the money in Jan i bet he''ll be gone by mid March. Hope i''m wrong.[/quote][/quote]

What I keep meaning to say is the person predicting Lambert will be gone in mid March is talking out of their backside!

We more tha likely will still be in a position to preserve our Premiership status then so what would he gain by leaving slap bang in the middle of the season?

If we get relegated he may leave?

[quote user="marvin the martian"]When Lambert is waiting to be interviewed on radio norfolk after the game can he hear the last caller while he waits ? He could be standing there and hear Rupert from Kings Lynn say that although he wasn''t at the game he thinks Morison is lazy and lambert got his tactics wrong. If I was in Lambo''s shoes and heard things like that I would feel pretty p1ssed off.[/quote]His interviews are never live. They are always recorded and then the recording gets played out on air.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="morrisons black eye"][quote user="smiley"]I think he could be gone by the end of the season, and its his way of maybe disconnecting with the fans so to speak. If the club don''t give him the money in Jan i bet he''ll be gone by mid March. Hope i''m wrong.[/quote]He has never critised the fans since he has been here. Also the pre match interview he seemed peed off. I don''t like his body language ATM it is a bit concerning to me and i am wondering if he has had his head turned by a bigger club. Hope i am wrong but something does not seem right with him. [/quote]Yep, Norwich fans all over. Lambert says get behind the team. That translates to "I''m pissed off and i''m leaving".Why people find the need to consistently come up with worst-case scenario''s and start regarding them as fact i have no idea.And i completely agree with Lambert. Atmosphere was very flat - Fulham fans didnt help but i felt we started to groan and moan a bit too much on saturday. We were playing a very good side with much stronger financial backing and a much more premiership-experienced squad than us. We weren''t as fans, half as patient as the players were.And those who are saying "well i wouldnt be surprised if he buggars off in January" can quite frankly, fcuk off and show some respect to one of the best managers we''ve had.[/quote]Agree for the most part. The atmosphere was not just flat against Fulham, it''s been little other than flat for much of the season.I realise that there are areas of the ground where getting a song going is going to be like lighting a campfire in a tsunami, but the lower Barclay should not be one of them. Seriously, I''d rather the stand be half empty than half full of the sort of numpties who think we have a god given right to convincingly beat anyone outside the top 4 at home. Unlike them, football isn''t that simple.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Prem1"]We were told the other night that we had no right to expect to compete with the likes of Tottenham by a lot of people on here yet Swansea outplayed them yesterday and were more than a little unlucky not to take all three points . Have to agree with the look where we were two years ago, Lambert trots it out after every match like a broken record win ,lose or draw and it has no relevance whatsoever , as for the supporters expecting to beat Fulham i believe it is more a case of them knowing that failure to beat the likes of Fulham at home will probably lead to relegation .[/quote]I come on here every now and again and each time i think to myself.. "Right, i know there''s going to be some idiots on here posting some right old tripe. There''s no criteria for registering, no 10 question intellect-based quizzes; not even a confirm your email requirement! So don''t let any of them get to you.."But it happens time and time again.Lambert `trots it out` as you so fantastically put it, each game, to remind complete bellends like yourself the reality of the situation we''re in. We are top half of the premiership. We we''re in league one two years ago. How can you say that has no relevance? We have players from that squad, we have performed way ahead the schedule of the board, the management and the players. We have not consolidated once since Lambert took over. Now it''s quite easy to tell you have an evident problem with Lambert, your previous posts indicate this throughout but you never have the balls to come out and say it. Do you attend games? If so, i highly recommend you say some of the stuff you say on here to the fans that sit around you. Hopefully one of them will give you a thump.[/quote]If there is  a bellend about it is certainly you , you are just the type of supporter that breeds the Little Norwich label , so what we were in League 1 well we are not now and if we want to be taken seriously in the top flight prawn sandwich fans like yourself need to wake up . What you are saying is we are really still a league 1 side then ? we must be right because we have one or two players still here that were with us then , strewth give me strength . As for problems with Lambert , no not at all , but to moan about a few boo''s when he will be on his bike at the first opportunity is a bit rich , you get boo''s at all football grounds and lets face it it made them pull their socks up second half whereas clapping them off would have given them the impression they were doing fine . Oh and was that a snide you would get beat up to speak out against Lambert at a match , ha ha sums you up a treat , go sit down somewhere and grow the fcuk up.

[quote user="Prem1"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Prem1"]We were told the other night that we had no right to expect to compete with the likes of Tottenham by a lot of people on here yet Swansea outplayed them yesterday and were more than a little unlucky not to take all three points . Have to agree with the look where we were two years ago, Lambert trots it out after every match like a broken record win ,lose or draw and it has no relevance whatsoever , as for the supporters expecting to beat Fulham i believe it is more a case of them knowing that failure to beat the likes of Fulham at home will probably lead to relegation .[/quote]I come on here every now and again and each time i think to myself.. "Right, i know there''s going to be some idiots on here posting some right old tripe. There''s no criteria for registering, no 10 question intellect-based quizzes; not even a confirm your email requirement! So don''t let any of them get to you.."But it happens time and time again.Lambert `trots it out` as you so fantastically put it, each game, to remind complete bellends like yourself the reality of the situation we''re in. We are top half of the premiership. We we''re in league one two years ago. How can you say that has no relevance? We have players from that squad, we have performed way ahead the schedule of the board, the management and the players. We have not consolidated once since Lambert took over. Now it''s quite easy to tell you have an evident problem with Lambert, your previous posts indicate this throughout but you never have the balls to come out and say it. Do you attend games? If so, i highly recommend you say some of the stuff you say on here to the fans that sit around you. Hopefully one of them will give you a thump.[/quote]If there is  a bellend about it is certainly you , you are just the type of supporter that breeds the Little Norwich label , so what we were in League 1 well we are not now and if we want to be taken seriously in the top flight prawn sandwich fans like yourself need to wake up . What you are saying is we are really still a league 1 side then ? we must be right because we have one or two players still here that were with us then , strewth give me strength . As for problems with Lambert , no not at all , but to moan about a few boo''s when he will be on his bike at the first opportunity is a bit rich , you get boo''s at all football grounds and lets face it it made them pull their socks up second half whereas clapping them off would have given them the impression they were doing fine . Oh and was that a snide you would get beat up to speak out against Lambert at a match , ha ha sums you up a treat , go sit down somewhere and grow the fcuk up.[/quote]Okay, we''ll do this step by step. 1) How exactly do i `breed the little Norwich label`? Because i think the fact we were in League One two years ago is relevant? Because we haven''t had a season to consolidate? In which case, Lambert definately breeds this so-called label.2) Prawn Sandwich fan? Couldn''t be further from the truth, i don''t even like Prawns.3) Nope, i didn''t say we are a League One side. We are a Premiership side sitting in the top half of the table. We have however, achieved this success very quickly. Lambert would probably have expected a little bit more time to build a squad for this league; getting promoted last season was a shock for most people.4) Lambert was not `moaning about boo''s`. He was pointing out the clear differences between us and Fulham. The differences in finances, the amount spent on players, the Premier League experience. He was simply saying that sometimes fans have to be a bit more patient and stay with the team. 100% fair.5) Leave at the first opportunity? So you were one of the one''s assuming he''d gone to Burnley. Burnley wanted him didnt they? Did they get him? No. Has anyone else been interested in Lambert? Maybe, we might not know. Either way, he hasn''t gone yet and he''s doing a fantastic job.6) No, it wasn''t a snide anything. Simply illustrating that your ridiculous opinions are not shared by most other Nowich fans. Thank god.Anything Else? [:)]

I take your point to a degree, but there is a massive gulf in income if we were to be playing in the Championship next season (even allowing for parachute payments), as opposed to finishing 4th from bottom.  Finishing higher than 17th would help ref prize money, and I''m sure every effort will be made to do so, but most would take 17th now if it meant staying up and then building for the future.  Stoke are the best example - they''re already debt free, and can now afford the likes of Crouch, something we could consider in a few years time if we have a sustained spell in the PL