Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Warnock interview

Maybe Barton shouldn''t have got sent off, but this is how I saw it.

He got clobbered a bit, first by Lappin, and then just before the incident Whitbread bumped into him, it then looks like Barton swings an elbow towards Whitbread, then squares off with Johnson, and his head DOES move forwards, not by much, but it does. There is intent, Johnson didn''t fall over and cry like Warnock seems to suggest. He didn''t hassle the ref or do anything wrong, if anything he didn''t do enough.

There wasn''t a big deal made out of Tierney going down against Bolton, Barton did as much (if not more if you count the elbow swinging) as Klasnic did to Tierney that day. Yet somehow, Barton is innocent and doesn''t deserve to get sent off.

What is wrong though, is neither official actually saw the incident properly, so perhaps for that reason he shouldn''t have gone, but definatly don''t think he was innocent. And even if he was, he deserves the red card, I would happily see him sent off against Ipswich, leading to them winning, thats how much I dislike Barton, complete waste of space, arrogant self obsessed thug, thinks he''s clever and thinks he can get away with anything. Really needs to have a look at himself.

Seems to be an act of rebalancing karma to me; last season perhaps QPR should have had points deducted. That didn’t happen, so this season we secure the full 6 points from playing them. What goes around comes around…

Lets be realistic though, he was possibly the best player on the pitch til he got himself sent off. Without him going off I doubt we would have got 3 points today.

What''s got my goat is that Warnock and Barton are pointing the finger at Johnson, but to my mind his reaction (whatever contact there was or wasn''t) wasn''t to attract the ref''s attention. If it was he would have gone down (which he didn''t, so you couldn''t have seen things that well Neil?), or flapped his arms about to draw attention. Our Captain is even caught on camera disagreeing with the ref''s decision to send him off!

Look at yourselves first Barton/Warnock before having a pop at us.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Maybe Barton shouldn''t have got sent off, but this is how I saw it.

He got clobbered a bit, first by Lappin, and then just before the incident Whitbread bumped into him, it then looks like Barton swings an elbow towards Whitbread, then squares off with Johnson, and his head DOES move forwards, not by much, but it does. There is intent, Johnson didn''t fall over and cry like Warnock seems to suggest. He didn''t hassle the ref or do anything wrong, if anything he didn''t do enough.

There wasn''t a big deal made out of Tierney going down against Bolton, Barton did as much (if not more if you count the elbow swinging) as Klasnic did to Tierney that day. Yet somehow, Barton is innocent and doesn''t deserve to get sent off.

What is wrong though, is neither official actually saw the incident properly, so perhaps for that reason he shouldn''t have gone, but definatly don''t think he was innocent. And even if he was, he deserves the red card, I would happily see him sent off against Ipswich, leading to them winning, thats how much I dislike Barton, complete waste of space, arrogant self obsessed thug, thinks he''s clever and thinks he can get away with anything. Really needs to have a look at himself.[/quote]... spot on. His whole family are thugs . His little brother is a murdering little Shit. Doing time for putting an axe into someone''s head. Let''s not forget what he done at man city. Ok people can change . But in this case I doubt it.

I will be shocked if both warnock and barton don''t get fa fines. The ref should have sent warnock to the stands. These days it seems like the 4th officials job is to be moaned at for 90 mins. I''m not saying Lambert does not do it but warnock takes it to the extreme. Lambert has more class. Warnock is just one big joke. I hope he gets to spend a few games in the stands.

I was beginning to develop some respect for Warnock at the beginning of the season. With promotion he seemed to be shaking off the charicature and turning into a more considered coach and footballing man, I also enjoyed his regular columns in the Independent.

However, he has, with pressure, resorted to type-Arsenal first and now us. I don''t know if the teams limitations are exposing his abilities as a Coach or whether his defiencies are reflected in the team, but he does seem to lack whats needed to coach at the highest level-he has a plan A, sure, but that seems to be it, where-as Lambert has a plan B, C, and then some. Maybe he doesn''t like his or his teams inadequacies shown up by a side who he considers ''inferior'' to his own, much as he did when we beat Sheff Utd under his tenure, wasn''t there a sending off in that game as well that, according to him, shouldn''t have been? Surprise surprise.,

I''m further surprised that anyone takes Barton seriously. I''ll accept he has a good team around him who have conceived and put into place this image he has of being a deep thinker, thats great PR, but thats all it is. With the talent he has as a footballer he could have been playing for a top 4 side by now and be an England regular, but he has chosen to waste opportunity and potential in order to remain what he has always been, and will always be (despite the bullshit about his chosen reading matter and such); an immature egomaniac.

I loved this comment from WOTB:

Somewhere in the world

a man called Colin Wanker is seething to find out his name is an anagram of Neil Warnock

Neil Warnock whinges and gets nowhere with it. Refs ignore him, the media ignore him, the fans ignore him...i bet even his own family ignore him a pathetic little man who sorely needs to get a life.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Maybe Barton shouldn''t have got sent off, but this is how I saw it. He got clobbered a bit, first by Lappin, and then just before the incident Whitbread bumped into him, it then looks like Barton swings an elbow towards Whitbread, then squares off with Johnson, and his head DOES move forwards, not by much, but it does. There is intent, Johnson didn''t fall over and cry like Warnock seems to suggest. He didn''t hassle the ref or do anything wrong, if anything he didn''t do enough. There wasn''t a big deal made out of Tierney going down against Bolton, Barton did as much (if not more if you count the elbow swinging) as Klasnic did to Tierney that day. Yet somehow, Barton is innocent and doesn''t deserve to get sent off. What is wrong though, is neither official actually saw the incident properly, so perhaps for that reason he shouldn''t have gone, but definatly don''t think he was innocent. And even if he was, he deserves the red card, I would happily see him sent off against Ipswich, leading to them winning, thats how much I dislike Barton, complete waste of space, arrogant self obsessed thug, thinks he''s clever and thinks he can get away with anything. Really needs to have a look at himself.[/quote]

This clip is the clearest coverage I have come across, and backs up that assessment:

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2012/01/02/qpr-vs-norwich-1-2-highlights-2012-goals-pilkington-morison-barton-red-card-video/

There is the question of which official - if any - saw the incident, but somehow the right decision was reached. It was a sending-off offence.