Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Not bad for any overweight Tyre Fitter....

So am I mate The criticism he has got from some on this board, even the halcyon days last year has not been deserved.

Someone has just begrudgingly given Holt praise for today but says in so many words he hasn''t been up to it, even last year ffs!!

I take solace in that people constantly use to air their moans about Hucks.

I''ve said it many times, this man has more pace then given credit for, great vision, a natural goal scorer and superb strength.

It is no coincidence that when he is on the pitch the team has a true leader.... and it shows.

Good luck Holty, what a career you''ve earned for yourself.

Nuff respect

is nice to see him ramming the comments of some of our own fans who were criticising him a few weeks back, back down their throats too!!!!

Holt has been a tremendous player for us and still is worthy of his place when he stays on his feet and uses his strength. The last couple of games he''s done this the couple before he was an embarrasment to himself.

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]He''s not the Messiah......[/quote]He''s a very naughty boy.

Hes awesome,...

I''ve a big statement to make here...

Grant Holt is well on his way to eclipsing Huckerbys legend status, IF he can carry on scoring, creating and doing the biz in the top flight...

WFLGH

I love how everytime he scores it seems so clumsy but it works everytime, the other week he tried to head it in realised it was to low while he was in mid air and he just kicked it in, natural goalscorer.

[quote]

Someone has just begrudgingly given Holt praise for today but says in so many words he hasn''t been up to it, even last year ffs!! [/quote]You''re probably referring to me. I never said he wasn''t up to it last year. His goals got us where we are. What I did say was his fitness wasn''t up to it. He often looked spent after 60-70 minutes, which for a pro footballer isn''t acceptable IMO. Just look at the posters around the ground. Holt''s gut sticks through his shirt very noticeably. Yes, this was pre-season but it shouldn''t happen. It just means he''s playing catch up come August. He now seems to have gotten his act together with his fitness and the difference is huge.I''m pretty sure Holt''s fitness was a factor is him losing out to Morison for the lone striker''s spot.I''m well aware that my opinions on Holt will stir up the proverbial hornet''s nest, but don''t put words in my mouth. I''m happy he''s doing well.

A great footballer for us - a tyreless worker who is good at tracking back and has energy to spare, he looked wheely good yesterday.  A player of steel, his alloys in the team played their part, but the hub of the team is still Holt who continues to brake scoring records.His goals yesterday punctured holes in the opposition''s defence - he is great in the air, has shown he can take the pressure and is avon a great season.     Retread-ing over the season so far, he has shown us he has a good grip of what it takes to be a premiership player - and he is heading for a very goodyear (I know - that ones been in someone elses post).  On balance, a player bought on a budget who will always give his best, you must be off your trolley if you don''t recognise his legend status for the club.      If I had more time I''d think up some more puns but I''m going spare trying to think of some more so I''m off down to the pub to meet my mate jack for a pint........apparently there''s a deal there that if you buy 4 pints you get the 5th. free!!

4th highest English goalscorer in the Premiership.Capello takes 4 strikers to international tournaments.....Are you watching Fabio?