Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Big Screen at Carrow rd

I don''t know if it has been discussed before, just wondered what people''s thoughts are on having a big screen somewhere in the stands like a fair few prem teams have.I would quite like one, question is where to put it, at the moment i think the corner in front of the hotel could be a good spot, espicially as the club haven''t put any seats there, as was suggested during the summer. The main downside would obviously be those in the Barclays couldn''t see it, which would be a shame considering it''s the loudest stand.

i agree, seems a bit pointless spending all that money on a giant tv. Plus most prem teams who have them just seem to have the teamsheets on them and occasionally switch to adverts. Would you rather have a tv in the corner or a few thousand seats??

Interesting opinions, none of you seem to be a fan. I always thought it was a bit lame as when you look at the emirates you only see a team sheet on the screen, but watching QPR today, it seemed like live coverage of the game was on the screen, i think this is quite a good idea, gives you another option to get a better look if the ball is down the other end.I totally agree with H''s Ped, if it was a choice between seats and a screen, give me the seats all day long. I do wonder how much a screen would cost, i can''t imagine it being to pricey, can make the money back with some ad revenue too, although i''m sure this will annoy some fans, brings some more case in for the club.

[quote user="priceyrice"]
 I do wonder how much a screen would cost, i can''t imagine it being to pricey, can make the money back with some ad revenue too, although i''m sure this will annoy some fans, brings some more case in for the club.
[/quote]

How is it going to bring in more ad money when we already have two screens (at each end) that display ads?

Football first!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="priceyrice"] I do wonder how much a screen would cost, i can''t imagine it being to pricey, can make the money back with some ad revenue too, although i''m sure this will annoy some fans, brings some more case in for the club.[/quote]

How is it going to bring in more ad money when we already have two screens (at each end) that display ads?

Football first!

[/quote]because you can display video advertising, "branded" interviews and other stuff on a big screen... you cant on the tin pot advertising boards.the money from these high spec adverts will be invested into the playing budget... so football can come 1st, 2nd and 3rd then.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="priceyrice"]
 I do wonder how much a screen would cost, i can''t imagine it being to pricey, can make the money back with some ad revenue too, although i''m sure this will annoy some fans, brings some more case in for the club.
[/quote]

Football first!

[/quote]

because you can display video advertising, "branded" interviews and other stuff on a big screen... you cant on the tin pot advertising boards.

the money from these high spec adverts will be invested into the playing budget... so football can come 1st, 2nd and 3rd then.

[/quote]

Stuff signing any players in January 2012.

Lets have a HUGE advert board  outside the ground, at a height where it can be seen from the ring road?  It could be the full length of the City stand.

A big NO for a big screen from me.Hate them, damn annoying things. Especially get on my nerves at away games when they play interviews etc on them before the match. The audio is usually so bad you can''t hear what''s being said, even in the grounds with the better PA systems.

Interestingly, on visits to Old Trafford and Anfield I noticed there were no screens.

I also read somewhere that Mr Bowkett has joked that he would like a screen at The Carra but Mr McNasty refused!!!!

[quote user="mastoola"]Does anybody know how much the pitch side L.E.D advertising cost us?[/quote] I am not sure, i know it''s a premier league ruling that you have to have them though, for coverage of the games the premier league have to have those boards in sight, it''s why they only cover half the pitch.Not sure about the cost of them and the financial benefits

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[quote user="mastoola"]Does anybody know how much the pitch side L.E.D advertising cost us?[/quote]

£15k per unit!!!! Bloody expensive.

[/quote]

Think about that global exposure!

As for a different market we could have (subject to planning permission) one huge ad screen  facing the ring road at a certain height.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

No thank you. Lets spend the spare money for improving the squad.

[/quote]Yes, because a screen costs so much money, it''ll mean we can''t spend any money on players and we''ll probably be in administration by March.

Lets have a screen in every corner along with dancing cheerleaders and girls who run up the "touchlines" with flags when we score a goal, and glitter cannons go off when we bring Grant Holt on. Now THATS entertainment! I''d also like the managers and refs to run around with live Mic''s.

Personally I''m never going to Carrow road again until the club can confirm that someone from X-factor is going to start the puck-off by blowing a whistle or something.

Another great one would be to play some outdated Euro-house version of a Brazilan dance track each time we score...oh hang on?

I agree with much that has been said. One thing that screens are useful for are replays. I see action at the Barclay end at a distance and I have to get in peoples'' way to see the Holiday Inn corner flag. Action replays have to wait until MOTD (we don''t get UTube this season). It would be great to see the goal repeated straight away. Slow mo'' of action on the field would clarify refs'' decisions although I notice that, where they do have screens they don''t show such action.

If it did go ahead there would need to be more than one to ensure coverage. What about one either end; over the top of Barclay and Riverside?

I would like to see big screens at all grounds. Quite often goals are scored at the opposite end to where you are and you did not manage to savour the build up or shot and, as already said, you have to wait for MOTD to see if your initial thoughts on how the goals were scored, where indeed correct.

At one ground in West Yorkshire instant replays of goals are shown, plus at half time, all the highlights of the half are shown. This is much better than watching 3 idiots trying to score penalties which is classed as entertainment.

[quote user="Eagleeye"]I would like to see big screens at all grounds. Quite often goals are scored at the opposite end to where you are and you did not manage to savour the build up or shot and, as already said, you have to wait for MOTD to see if your initial thoughts on how the goals were scored, where indeed correct.

At one ground in West Yorkshire instant replays of goals are shown, plus at half time, all the highlights of the half are shown. This is much better than watching 3 idiots trying to score penalties which is classed as entertainment.[/quote]they arent allowed to show replays during the games... Argentina vs Mexico at the world cup is evidence as to why!

Jas, I can assure you that Leeds Utd show replays of events on a big TV in one of the corners of their stadium. I do however think they have a special TV system in place whereby foreign fans can watch the match live on their website.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Jas, I can assure you that Leeds Utd show replays of events on a big TV in one of the corners of their stadium. I do however think they have a special TV system in place whereby foreign fans can watch the match live on their website.[/quote]Leeds are allowed to, they will set ther fans on anyone who complains! Grrr!