Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

59'ers ticket holders warned not to sell or give away their complimentary match programmes

[quote user="Harry"]All posts from earlier morty, nothing recent.[/quote]No emails yet for me lol.Makes a change!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I got 3 emails from Pete [E][E][E]

Reminded me of my birthday[^]

Did you get an Harry??

Seriously now, I don''t set out to break the rules but some of the stuff that''s allowed on here makes a mockery of what gets deleted.

[/quote]

Perhaps I am simple old soul, but isnt the solution quite easy - refrain from personal attacks? After all this is a discussion board about NCFC. I sympthahise with Pete as he is really being given no other option given the rules of teh site, and I guess he will keep having to delete posts/threads until the penny drops. And no, I am not taking any sides, just requesting that we stop this board degenerating into the gutter.

[quote user="Desert Fox"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Did you get an Harry??

Seriously now, I don''t set out to break the rules but some of the stuff that''s allowed on here makes a mockery of what gets deleted.

[/quote]

Perhaps I am simple old soul, but isnt the solution quite easy - refrain from personal attacks? After all this is a discussion board about NCFC. I sympthahise with Pete as he is really being given no other option given the rules of teh site, and I guess he will keep having to delete posts/threads until the penny drops. And no, I am not taking any sides, just requesting that we stop this board degenerating into the gutter.

[/quote]

A huge +1 from me, was enjoying this thread until the it just all got personal.

A shame as the PU is the only decent Norwich board.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Harry"]I got 2 [/quote]I only got one. I''m a failure! [:''(][/quote]You think YOU''RE a failure Lapps ?......I haven''t got ANY and I''m all jealous now.I feel such a loser.I''d best start beating people up on here pronto.....

[quote user="Ren"][quote user="Desert Fox"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Did you get an Harry??

[/quote]

[/quote]

A huge +1 from me, was enjoying this thread until the it just all got personal.

A shame as the PU is the only decent Norwich board.[/quote]Well I tried my best with a certain person, and actually had reasoned debate for a short while, then he went all silly.Some people are going to have to learn to ignore each other methinks.[:)]

I''m flamin furious.

My post from yesterday has gone, been deleted! No explanation why!

Pete, if you''re going to delete posts at least have the flippin decency to explain why![:@]

My post was in no way, sexist, racist, stupid, pointless etc etc it could not cause offence! It was very relevant, yet gets deleted just like that, without so much as a buy-your-leave!

This message board is becoming a bit like that river!!![;)]

The first sentence of Pete''s thread about tickets and live streams just shows that the club not for the first time have had a word with Archant.It will be denied and the word obviously included this thread was was not looking good for the Club.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The first sentence of Pete''s thread about tickets and live streams just shows that the club not for the first time have had a word with Archant.It will be denied and the word obviously included this thread was was not looking good for the Club.[/quote]

Oops Which was

No complaints from me....Remember I''m just a little yellow bird.... if I even exist at all.

[quote user="city4eva"]As I have said many times, we are no longer a family club interested in bringing in young fans and keeping them. Mcnally has turned the club in to a penny pinching business who dont give a toss about the fans..it may well come back to bite him[/quote]

Players, Managers and Chief Executives are temporary. The only permanent thing about a Football Club is its fans.

[quote user="Ren"][quote user="Desert Fox"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Did you get an Harry??

[/quote]

[/quote] A huge +1 from me, was enjoying this thread until the it just all got personal. A shame as the PU is the only decent Norwich board.[/quote]

Dezza and Ren. I believe I am a decent poster of longstanding who posts on a variety of threads. Dezza, you in particular never appear to debate with me on anything except threads like this where you are having a pop. If anything your posts following mine quoted are a personal attack. If I am responsible, as you suggest, in degenerating this board into the gutter then I must have been doing it for a long time. If I took Pete''s advice and emailed him about your posts, he would then remove them and it could be you responsible for the board degenerating into the gutter. I would never run to the mods and will always take care of myself on this board. I hope you take this in the spirit it''s meant when I say I wouldn''t be surprised if you two were traffic wardens by trade.

Nigel,

No, I am not a traffic warden by trade, but equally I am not the kind of person that, for example, habitually parks in disabled bays if you follow the analogy.

As I stated, I am not taking sides and I simply quoted your post becuase it was the first one to mention the deleted threads. This was not soley aimed at you, but rather to anyone whose posts Pete has felt the need to delete. He has not done this without any reasons and I think the collective expressiosn of innocence are childish assuming that some non-offensive posts have not been caught up in the deletion (e.g. the point that Norfolkbroadslim has made above).

I also commend the action that Pete has taken regarding blockking future discussion regarding NCISA as expereince has shown that it is not possible to have any mature discussions about this sugbject for whatever reasons. I have persoanlly given up and accept that this should move to the newly upgarded NCISA website.

This board is becoming very tiring for the majority of posters that dont want to constantly read playground slanging matches between varuious groups of likelminded friends/acquaintences. Lets focus upon the football and matters asscoaietd with the club.

[quote user="2 dots a circle and a waxing crescent"]Is it just me or do other old timers think that we are losing the point of discussion boards? Maybe we just need a series of bland articles and club statements with a Facebook style "Like" button where Mr Mcnally and the Archant journalists can have a popularity contest.[/quote]

It would be a shame 2dots but it does seem to be going that way. The Pink Un has always been the top NCFC Discussion board. My good friend Arrdee used to say that it sorted the men from the boys. It''s not bland because the posters themselves aren''t bland. Over the time I have been posting here there have been some wonderful characters who have kept us entertained for hours. This moved along quite nicely with plenty of credit due to Pete''s moderating style. But now it seems he is being put under pressure and I don''t blame him for taking the stand he does. But it will be a shame if we lose the characters and just have bland threads just to keep the traffic wardens happy.

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

This board is becoming very tiring for the majority of posters that dont want to constantly read playground slanging matches between varuious groups of likelminded friends/acquaintences. Lets focus upon the football and matters asscoaietd with the club.

[/quote]

Which is something that you never seem to do.

I see now you are spokesman for the majority of posters. If anything it is you plastics who are spoiling what has always been an excellent discussion board.

To prevent this turning into a slanging match I will leave it there. I look forward to debating football matters blandly with you in the future.

[quote user=""]Is it just me or do other old timers think that we are losing the point of discussion boards?

Maybe we just need a series of bland articles and club statements with a Facebook style "Like" button where Mr Mcnally and the Archant journalists can have a popularity contest.[/quote]I think you are right in a lot of ways, freedom of speech, regardless of how petty or uninteresting it may seem to some, is being repressed.I wonder if theres some degree of paranoia that the red top dailies will come sniffing here for stories, and Archant want them for themselves, and the club wants no whiffs of scandal.People will always argue when it comes to exchange of opinions, and I agree that abuse, and blatant trolling should be dealt with on an individual basis, but having a blanket ban on discussing certain matters is frankly lazy and childish.

Agree 100% Morty. As an ascribed "Plastic" I enjoy most of the back and forth on this board excepting the boring circular repetitive. What is sad is this blanket ban on a subject because said arguments are not even about said subject and now we just wait for the next battlefield to be found and then another blanket ban on a subject leaving us all the poorer.

Whole subject bans are not the answer and meanwhile those who are responsible should share the blame for ensuring that those who can discuss a topic responsibly now...can''t.

[quote user="Ruddy Wizard"]Agree 100% Morty. As an ascribed "Plastic" I enjoy most of the back and forth on this board excepting the boring circular repetitive. What is sad is this blanket ban on a subject because said arguments are not even about said subject and now we just wait for the next battlefield to be found and then another blanket ban on a subject leaving us all the poorer.

Whole subject bans are not the answer and meanwhile those who are responsible should share the blame for ensuring that those who can discuss a topic responsibly now...can''t.[/quote]Like I say perhaps action needs to be taken against certain individuals who persistently offend, as opposed to punishing all of us.A weeks ban to start and they should soon get the message.

I predict Plastic will be the next subject to be blanket banned by SDP.

Pretty quickly followed by any debate since some users egos will not allow them to accept any disagreement with their arguments and will start wearing nappies, spitting their dummies out and screaming........PLASSSSSTTIIIIICCCCCCCCCCC!

Morty,

I agree too. Especially if it can be policed by the plastics[Y]

[/quote]Sorry, have I missed something here? Who the hell are "The plastics" lol.But your post makes an interesting point, in the fact that why do you (and others) feel the need to segregate people into groups?Ie "Worthy in" "Worthy out", "Delian in and out(ooerrrr)", Plastics, "Keep the faithers", "Inner circle" Purists etc etc etc?I''m part of no one''s gang, and if I disagreed with anything you said I''d tell you, the same goes for all the people I know personally here.[:)]

[quote user="Ruddy Wizard"]I predict Plastic will be the next subject to be blanket banned by SDP. Pretty quickly followed by any debate since some users egos will not allow them to accept any disagreement with their arguments and will start wearing nappies, spitting their dummies out and screaming........PLASSSSSTTIIIIICCCCCCCCCCC![/quote]

I do try my hardest to keep up with the times Ruddy. I''m sure plastic will be replaced by something more suitable as the thread progresses(or not as the case may be) But you yourself are not innocent where rising to the troll is concerned.

The moral high ground is a very precarious perch.

Dezza looked down from his perch and assumed that all posts deleted were for personal attacks.

I''m thinking of opening a book on who falls first.

Morty - I have never been part of anyones gang and always post as an individual.

Even if I wanted to join up, who''d have me[:^)]

Morty - I have never been part of anyones gang and always post as an individual.

Even if I wanted to join up, who''d have me[:^)]

[/quote]You see my point though, the constant referral to these imaginary little groups just creates a gang mentality, and probably suppresses certain individuals views. I wasn''t pointing the finger at you, theres more than a few here that feel the need to have safety in numbers.