Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

59'ers ticket holders warned not to sell or give away their complimentary match programmes

When you are a business serving consumers though there is a balance to be struck. All businesses have streamlined and looked to cut costs in the last couple of years but the Club have done a number of things in recent months which appear to overstep the mark and show a lack of common sense which risks breaking the strong bond it has with its fans and local community.

There may well be something more to this but I really fail to see how someone passing on their complimentary programme to a third party is costing the club £100,000 a year or even £1,000 a year!

[quote user="morty"]

I think that if they can fill a ground with casuals they will. Lets face it, on current prices a casual probably (and this is fag packet accounting) brings in 2 and a half times the money a season ticket holder does and probably about 5 times a kid brings. If we continue to be in the Prem then perhaps that promise of money that the season tickets sales brings will become less important?

But the only way of fighting back is to cut your nose off to spite your face, and stop going to games. By design, with such a captive audience it is always going to be, in your words "painfully slavish"
[/quote]

Talk about being duped by the resident troll!![:O]

I can''t believe you''re now talking about fighting back and boycotting games.

Question for you Morty....

You have a ticket and tickets for your kids, have the club done anything to make you even mildly peed off at the way you have been treated?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]When you are a business serving consumers though there is a balance to be struck. All businesses have streamlined and looked to cut costs in the last couple of years but the Club have done a number of things in recent months which appear to overstep the mark and show a lack of common sense which risks breaking the strong bond it has with its fans and local community.

There may well be something more to this but I really fail to see how someone passing on their complimentary programme to a third party is costing the club £100,000 a year or even £1,000 a year![/quote]Mcnally has someone read these messageboards, so perhaps we shall hear more on this.All about the bigger picture and running a business to make a profit I''m afraid. Cuts have been made in all departments of the club.

[quote user="Dan Druff"]

[quote user="LeJuge"]They call it a ''complimentary'' program, but it is actually part of the agreement that they have, they don''t buy a programme because they are entitled to a free one. If I were one of those affected I would say stuff them and give it to whoever I want, would they really be able to ban them? It could be argued that the programme is part of the contract that they have and as such it is theres to do as they wish. The program is part of the package. If you buy a bed and breakfast holiday package you don''t say..... "oooo, we got free flights, a free hotel, and a free breakfast every morning".... How can you give somebody something for ''free'' and dictate what they can or can''t do with it? There is being prudent, and there is being damn greedy, there are people watching games who can remember putting money in blankets to keep the club going. God forbid that they never need to pass a blanket around again or issue another share issue (which most people took up to HELP the club, not because they were gullible enough to believe it would have a return). A lot of people win begin to remember this as a club who squeezed every single penny that they could out of the fans at every single opportunity, there won''t be much forgiveness if things were to ever go wrong. Threatening bans left, right, and centre, charging for this, charging for that. It''s almost as if this club is beginning to take its supporters for granted. There are a hell of a lot of clubs out there who would be desperate for a fan base as big as ours, and they would appreciate them![/quote]

Great post. You''ve hit the nail smack bang on the head there.

[/quote]I agree too Dan Druff.... but why has it taken so long for many to see this was happening?I termed the phrase ''sheep'' not because I had any issues with fellow City fans (not neutral day trippers), but because I couldn''t understand why they were blindly walking into this cynical stitch up by the club.I fear it''s too late now though and the club can and will do what they like.... or you may lose that much coveted seat on a promise of happy days to come.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"]

I think that if they can fill a ground with casuals they will. Lets face it, on current prices a casual probably (and this is fag packet accounting) brings in 2 and a half times the money a season ticket holder does and probably about 5 times a kid brings. If we continue to be in the Prem then perhaps that promise of money that the season tickets sales brings will become less important?But the only way of fighting back is to cut your nose off to spite your face, and stop going to games. By design, with such a captive audience it is always going to be, in your words "painfully slavish"[/quote]

You have a ticket and tickets for your kids, have the club done anything to make you even mildly peed off at the way you have been treated?

[/quote]I have been exceptionally happy with the pricing policy for the season tickets for me and my kids, if I wasn''t I wouldn''t buy the tickets, especially, as you know my situation, I am actually paying for a lot of games I don''t attend!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"]

I think that if they can fill a ground with casuals they will. Lets face it, on current prices a casual probably (and this is fag packet accounting) brings in 2 and a half times the money a season ticket holder does and probably about 5 times a kid brings. If we continue to be in the Prem then perhaps that promise of money that the season tickets sales brings will become less important?But the only way of fighting back is to cut your nose off to spite your face, and stop going to games. By design, with such a captive audience it is always going to be, in your words "painfully slavish"[/quote]

[/quote]I have been exceptionally happy with the pricing policy for the season tickets for me and my kids, if I wasn''t I wouldn''t buy the tickets, especially, as you know my situation, I am actually paying for a lot of games I don''t attend![/quote]See what I mean about being ''used'' Morty? Party line to follow or suffer a verbal lashing?Fair weather friends with their hand up your shirt.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"]

[/quote]I have been exceptionally happy with the pricing policy for the season tickets for me and my kids, if I wasn''t I wouldn''t buy the tickets, especially, as you know my situation, I am actually paying for a lot of games I don''t attend![/quote]See what I mean about being ''used'' Morty? Party line to follow or suffer a verbal lashing?Fair weather friends with their hand up your shirt.[/quote]Eh lol?Stop trolling, we were getting on so well.I suspect NN has actually misunderstood what I posted, I have no intention of boycotting games.

[quote user="morty"]

I think that if they can fill a ground with casuals they will. Lets face it, on current prices a casual probably (and this is fag packet accounting) brings in 2 and a half times the money a season ticket holder does and probably about 5 times a kid brings. If we continue to be in the Prem then perhaps that promise of money that the season tickets sales brings will become less important?

But the only way of fighting back is to cut your nose off to spite your face, and stop going to games. By design, with such a captive audience it is always going to be, in your words "painfully slavish"
[/quote]

[/quote]

I have been exceptionally happy with the pricing policy for the season tickets for me and my kids, if I wasn''t I wouldn''t buy the tickets, especially, as you know my situation, I am actually paying for a lot of games I don''t attend!
[/quote]

Exactly!

And so am I. And when I have needed to contact the club about anything they have always been helpful. So I was just wondering how this thread had progressed into fans talking about boycotting games!!!

To be fair I know the reason. It''s because the poisonous troll is here. The same one that consistently encouraged others not to renew their season tickets by pretending to "throw in a bank of season tickets" she pretended to own.

And this is not a post about season ticket holders being better than casual fans. It''s a post about season ticket holders being better than those "purists" who lead people to believe they attend games for their own dubious reasons.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"]

[/quote]I have been exceptionally happy with the pricing policy for the season tickets for me and my kids, if I wasn''t I wouldn''t buy the tickets, especially, as you know my situation, I am actually paying for a lot of games I don''t attend![/quote]

Exactly!

And so am I. And when I have needed to contact the club about anything they have always been helpful. So I was just wondering how this thread had progressed into fans talking about boycotting games!!!

To be fair I know the reason. It''s because the poisonous troll is here. The same one that consistently encouraged others not to renew their season tickets by pretending to "throw in a bank of season tickets" she pretended to own.

And this is not a post about season ticket holders being better than casual fans. It''s a post about season ticket holders being better than those "purists" who lead people to believe they attend games for their own dubious reasons.

[/quote]My point about the boycotting of games that it isn''t something I''d do really. Like saying you love cake, but refusing to buy any. Lifes too short to sit at home on a Saturday, cakeless and miserable.

I''m not entirely sure that the things the club has done lately have been unreasonable, as Morty suggests there may be more to this then meets the eye as was the case with the Under 21 season tickets - 200 of them fraudulent.

What seems unreasonable to me is the tone of the club''s communications and why we are feeling miffed. We certainly don''t feel that they are communicating with the people that have stuck by the club through the thick and thin, the family members of this club. The tone has been brusque and short with no explanation. The explanation with the Under 21 season tickets came after the event and made sense even if it had involved some hardship. The moving of season ticket holders from their seats by the dug out was short and unfeeling, this latest is just something the club could do better and should.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"]

[/quote]I have been exceptionally happy with the pricing policy for the season tickets for me and my kids, if I wasn''t I wouldn''t buy the tickets, especially, as you know my situation, I am actually paying for a lot of games I don''t attend![/quote]

Exactly!

[/quote]My point about the boycotting of games that it isn''t something I''d do really. Like saying you love cake, but refusing to buy any. Lifes too short to sit at home on a Saturday, cakeless and miserable.

[/quote]Please don''t mention cake again...I''m on a diet. [:''(]

Agreed Morty.

And yet here you are discussing the big bad club and how the way they treat the fans could leave them with "the only way of fighting back is to cut your nose off to spite your face, and stop going to games"

And yet that nice friendly club have never done anything to even mildly pee you off. How did you get there?[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Agreed Morty.

And yet here you are discussing the big bad club and how the way they treat the fans could leave them with "the only way of fighting back is to cut your nose off to spite your face, and stop going to games"

And yet that nice friendly club have never done anything to even mildly pee you off. How did you get there?[;)]

[/quote]I am discussing and taking on other points of view, like you do in discussions lol.If you read the whole thread you will see that I am of the opinion that some of these measures are necessary to get rid of our debt, and that some people are always going to feel hard done by. But I do think the club could handle some of it in a more sensitive way, especially where it affects pounds in people s pockets.It is what it is though, you want to watch the best league in the world, you have to pay for it.

Agreed Morty.

[/quote]

I am discussing and taking on other points of view, like you do in discussions lol.

If you read the whole thread you will see that I am of the opinion that some of these measures are necessary to get rid of our debt, and that some people are always going to feel hard done by. But I do think the club could handle some of it in a more sensitive way, especially where it affects pounds in people s pockets.

It is what it is though, you want to watch the best league in the world, you have to pay for it.

[/quote]

So how did you get to be discussing stopping going to games? Just seems a bit far to go over a programme. But I guess it could be the start of something more sinister and before long we are all going to have to agree not to talk about the game after we leave the stadium in order to be allowed to buy a season ticket. Then McNally will provide us with a messageboard where we can discuss the game but we will have to pay £1 per post.

It is what it is though and if you want to talk about the best league in the world you have to pay for it[;)]

[quote user="morty"]

I''m not so sure, I think what happens at the end of this season could well be a tipping point. If they hike season ticket prices then they could just stretch that loyalty too far. And if they put the capacity up to 35k then I, for one, won''t be renewing my season ticket as I know it will be pretty likely I can pick up a casual ticket.

Perhaps at that point, if our debt is paid off, there will be less emphasis on season ticket numbers as they can actually make more money from casuals, presuming they come, which they will as long as the football is good.

[/quote]

This is getting away from the comparitively minor issue of complimentary programmes, but the above highlights the long-term  flaw in the captive-audience argument. Bowkett and McNally have said we would comfortably fill a 35,000-seat stadium if we stayed in the Premier League. I am dubious. And David Cuffley of the EDP, who knows his Norwich City football, is also dubious.

In case anyone hasn''t noticed our two attendances this season have been 500-600 below our new effective capacity of 26,700. If you have an effective capacity of 35,000 (including 3,500 seats for the away fans) that means a home attendance of around 31,500.

Currently we are at around 24,000-24,500. In other words we would need to attract about 7,000 more City fans. Even with the season ticket waiting list (some of whom presumably currently buy casual tickets) that looks a tall order. To give yourself the best chance, though, you try not to upset fans with petty measures. More importantly, you don''t have a ticketing policy that penalises teenage fans - the very people you need to catch the Carrow Road bug and keep it.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="morty"]

I''m not so sure, I think what happens at the end of this season could well be a tipping point. If they hike season ticket prices then they could just stretch that loyalty too far. And if they put the capacity up to 35k then I, for one, won''t be renewing my season ticket as I know it will be pretty likely I can pick up a casual ticket. Perhaps at that point, if our debt is paid off, there will be less emphasis on season ticket numbers as they can actually make more money from casuals, presuming they come, which they will as long as the football is good..[/quote]

This is getting away from the comparitively minor issue of complimentary programmes, but the above highlights the long-term  flaw in the captive-audience argument. Bowkett and McNally have said we would comfortably fill a 35,000-seat stadium if we stayed in the Premier League. I am dubious. And David Cuffley of the EDP, who knows his Norwich City football, is also dubious.

In case anyone hasn''t noticed our two attendances this season have been 500-600 below our new effective capacity of 26,700. If you have an effective capacity of 35,000 (including 3,500 seats for the away fans) that means a home attendance of around 31,500.

Currently we are at around 24,000-24,500. In other words we would need to attract about 7,000 more City fans. Even with the season ticket waiting list (some of whom presumably currently buy casual tickets) that looks a tall order. To give yourself the best chance, though, you try not to upset fans with petty measures. More importantly, you don''t have a ticketing policy that penalises teenage fans - the very people you need to catch the Carrow Road bug and keep it.

[/quote]I am also dubious, which is why they have some tough marketing decisions to make.I don''t think that we have the population figures to be able to fill a 3k, I think we would average, at best 28k and maybe 31 for teh "big" games.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="morty"]

I''m not so sure, I think what happens at the end of this season could well be a tipping point. If they hike season ticket prices then they could just stretch that loyalty too far. And if they put the capacity up to 35k then I, for one, won''t be renewing my season ticket as I know it will be pretty likely I can pick up a casual ticket.

Perhaps at that point, if our debt is paid off, there will be less emphasis on season ticket numbers as they can actually make more money from casuals, presuming they come, which they will as long as the football is good.

[/quote]

[/quote]

As I know you like facts to be facts I hope you don''t think me pedantic for pointing out we would only be required to allow 3,000 seats for the away fans.

I doubt we''d find 32,000 regularly filling the stadium but I would expect us to get over 30,000 quite regularly. But not at the prices we charge casuals now. But then I expect they realise this and will have to attract the extra fans with good deals to get them captive before they turn nasty and rip them off [:D]

I''m sure this Premiership pricing structure will deter a lot of people this season. £35 to watch crappy WBA? No Way - particularly when the match is on TV.

Having said that, surely the home sections were sold out on Sunday? If WBA had sold all their tickets we would have had a capacity crowd? I do think to sell out a 35,000 seater stadium the tickets need to be more reasonably priced, though. What about £26 max for the sh.itty Prem fixtures, and £36 max for the premier Premiership matches?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="morty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As I know you like facts to be facts I hope you don''t think me pedantic for pointing out we would only be required to allow 3,000 seats for the away fans.

I doubt we''d find 32,000 regularly filling the stadium but I would expect us to get over 30,000 quite regularly. But not at the prices we charge casuals now. But then I expect they realise this and will have to attract the extra fans with good deals to get them captive before they turn nasty and rip them off [:D]

[/quote]

nutty, you are quite right.[Y] I was sure it was 10 per cent, but it ain''t. It is 3,000. I should have checked.[:$][:$][:$] Of course reducing the away allocation by 500 backs up my point because it means we would need to sell another 500 tickets to home fans to fill a 35,000-seater stadium. So not around another 7,000; more like another 7,500.

God help this forum when next year''s ST prices are announced.  This petty decision by McNasty will be nothing compared to the fallout in a few months time.Yes I''ve read the entire thread, and generally the tone of the letter and the ''giving it away for free'' is a bit of a pisser.  But let''s be honest. If the give aways were stopped would it force a handful of supporters into buying one? Would it ****.

[quote user="Ruddy Wizard"]I''m not entirely sure that the things the club has done lately have been unreasonable, as Morty suggests there may be more to this then meets the eye as was the case with the Under 21 season tickets - 200 of them fraudulent.

What seems unreasonable to me is the tone of the club''s communications and why we are feeling miffed. We certainly don''t feel that they are communicating with the people that have stuck by the club through the thick and thin, the family members of this club. The tone has been brusque and short with no explanation. The explanation with the Under 21 season tickets came after the event and made sense even if it had involved some hardship. The moving of season ticket holders from their seats by the dug out was short and unfeeling, this latest is just something the club could do better and should.[/quote]Agree with this entirely, RW.In terms of brutal efficiency we can only admire Mr McNally who appears close to having all angles covered in generating income and using that revenue more efficiently. NCFC needed an overhaul and in that respect the new man has done an admirable job.There is of course a bit more to running a football club in that the customers/clients ( or whatever it is we are now ) need a bit more of a '' touchy-feely '' approach than you might well get away with elsewhere. I suspect that '' touchy-feely '' is an alien world to the Chief Exec and it may well be that he''s banking on fans hopeless addiction to their football club to carry him through the storm. He''s playing a risky game.I would think that the Chief Exec and our Media guru, Joe Ferrari, are peas out of the same pod in seeking a stranglehold over anything and everything, but, good as they undoubtedly are on that score, they do let themselves down in basic communication with fans. Aside from the examples RW mentioned we all remember that incredible will he/won''t he farce last season regarding Burnley''s interest in Paul Lambert.If indeed there is some sinister huge undercover trade in programmes at Carrow Road then the club are well within their rights to take action. If so  this should have been explained properly in Saturday''s flyer rather than produce the bullying effort guaranteed to upset people which did find it''s way into the programme. If that isn''t the case why print the flyer at all ?Personally I''ll be amazed if NCFC are being milked of programme cash by a gang of career criminals who inhabit the posh seats at Carrow Road but for whatever reason the club took the action that they did an explanation from those in the know as to '' Woss gorn orn ? '' would be most welcome.....

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Ruddy Wizard"]I''m not entirely sure that the things the club has done lately have been unreasonable, as Morty suggests there may be more to this then meets the eye as was the case with the Under 21 season tickets - 200 of them fraudulent. What seems unreasonable to me is the tone of the club''s communications and why we are feeling miffed. We certainly don''t feel that they are communicating with the people that have stuck by the club through the thick and thin, the family members of this club. The tone has been brusque and short with no explanation. The explanation with the Under 21 season tickets came after the event and made sense even if it had involved some hardship. The moving of season ticket holders from their seats by the dug out was short and unfeeling, this latest is just something the club could do better and should.[/quote]

Agree with this entirely, RW.

In terms of brutal efficiency we can only admire Mr McNally who appears close to having all angles covered in generating income and using that revenue more efficiently. NCFC needed an overhaul and in that respect the new man has done an admirable job.

There is of course a bit more to running a football club in that the customers/clients ( or whatever it is we are now ) need a bit more of a '' touchy-feely '' approach than you might well get away with elsewhere. I suspect that '' touchy-feely '' is an alien world to the Chief Exec and it may well be that he''s banking on fans hopeless addiction to their football club to carry him through the storm. He''s playing a risky game.

I would think that the Chief Exec and our Media guru, Joe Ferrari, are peas out of the same pod in seeking a stranglehold over anything and everything, but, good as they undoubtedly are on that score, they do let themselves down in basic communication with fans. Aside from the examples RW mentioned we all remember that incredible will he/won''t he farce last season regarding Burnley''s interest in Paul Lambert.

If indeed there is some sinister huge undercover trade in programmes at Carrow Road then the club are well within their rights to take action. If so  this should have been explained properly in Saturday''s flyer rather than produce the bullying effort guaranteed to upset people which did find it''s way into the programme. If that isn''t the case why print the flyer at all ?

Personally I''ll be amazed if NCFC are being milked of programme cash by a gang of career criminals who inhabit the posh seats at Carrow Road but for whatever reason the club took the action that they did an explanation from those in the know as to '' Woss gorn orn ? '' would be most welcome.....

[/quote]

Agree with most of this post. Not so sure about the bit in red. There is no doubt there has been a marked change in the press and PR policy under the new regime. But since Ferrari was here under the old regime, which certainly didn''t try to have any kind of media stranglehold, I suspect very strongly that this shift has come from McNally and Bowkett and not from Ferrari.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Harry"]If brains were dynamite cluckberk wouldn''t have enough to blow his nose. [/quote]''CRASH''........Here''s another one!....By the way Harry. Great advert for the NCISA on your post (glad the colouring book came in handy)Rather like Al Qaeda offering free trans-Atlantic flights though.... Not many takers I doubt. [:(][/quote]Contrary to your tedious campaign, membership numbers are on the up.[:)]

Well done Harry - just reminded us now we are back from our hols to sign up. Make that two new application forms on their way tomorrow.

[quote user="morty"]Contrary to your tedious campaign, membership numbers are on the up.[/quote]

Cluck''s incessant ranting has probably done more for NCISA''s recruitment than anything Beauseant could have dreamed of. Maybe they should offer him a Q&A spot at the next AGM. I don''t think a comedian has been tried before.......

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]Contrary to your tedious campaign, membership numbers are on the up.[/quote]

Cluck''s incessant ranting has probably done more for NCISA''s recruitment than anything Beauseant could have dreamed of. Maybe they should offer him a Q&A spot at the next AGM. I don''t think a comedian has been tried before.......[/quote]I have already offered to meet him for a pint, he didn''t want to.I think he''s shy.

There have been a few posts that have sprung up since the new website was launched which were complimentary of NCISA but as soon as the usual suspects started spouting their bile on threads they were pulled, if the information is in my signature that can''t be pulled.

[quote user="Harry"]There have been a few posts that have sprung up since the new website was launched which were complimentary of NCISA but as soon as the usual suspects started spouting their bile on threads they were pulled, if the information is in my signature that can''t be pulled.[/quote]The new website looks really good.[Y]

I got 3 emails from Pete [E][E][E]

Reminded me of my birthday[^]

Did you get an Harry??

Seriously now, I don''t set out to break the rules but some of the stuff that''s allowed on here makes a mockery of what gets deleted.