Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

59'ers ticket holders warned not to sell or give away their complimentary match programmes

As I said Nutty Sir I do enjoy some of the back and forth on this board but like some others I find the boring, repetitive and circular, well...boring, and it is probably this that has led to the complaints which has caused this blanket ban.

Banter and back and forth is what makes a board and the world go round and what I find and Morty notices is your penchant for pigeon holing anyone that threatens your little world. You also find it a useful tactic to belittle with your labels but frankly its wasted on saving topics for discussion.

PLLLAAAAAASSSSSSTTTTIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

Morty, I have never needed safety in numbers. This is what has made me the target for all kinds of abuse on here in the past. I just give as good as I get.

Have you ever  had a problem with me on here?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Morty, I have never needed safety in numbers. This is what has made me the target for all kinds of abuse on here in the past. I just give as good as I get.

[/quote]I already told you that I wasn''t pointing the finger at you. Maybe you are taking things too personally here, I am merely throwing ideas round in my head to try and understand why this place turns idiot so often, and who knows, communicate the ideas to Pete and help make the whole place a bit more common sense. My point is about the need some people have to label here, I think its divisive.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]if anyone actually believed a single word of the original post then i really do fear for them!!!![/quote]

Believe it pal because its true. See the picture someone else has posted on the first page of this thread.

I remain perfectly relaxed about the new set of rules and really don''t understand what all this fuss is about. Pete''s given us all a long piece of rope over the years and unfortunately certain individuals have hung themselves.Cest la guerre ..........

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I already told you that I wasn''t pointing the finger at you. Maybe you are taking things too personally here, I am merely throwing ideas round in my head to try and understand why this place turns idiot so often, and who knows, communicate the ideas to Pete and help make the whole place a bit more common sense. My point is about the need some people have to label here, I think its divisive.
[/quote]

Fair point Morty. And I''m no saint on here.

But I am an individual and don''t ever pretend to post on behalf of anyone else. It would seem to me that those who profess to be speaking on behalf of the "majority of posters" or sometimes "the decent posters" need safety in numbers and have already formed their imaginary gangs and labelled themselves.

Sorry Nutty but if it makes me a traffic warden because I get bored when threads go off topic and just turn into a chat with the usual 10,000 plus posters then so be it. Shame as it just spoils it for the rest of us "casuals*"

* Casual as in non-regular posters before you start saying I am a holigan.

1. Archant is not a public service group. It doesn''t have to run a message-board. If it does then it gets to set the rules. Anyone unhappy with that can set up their own website.

2. Trolling. There is certainly one poster here who currently fits the description. The answer is not to ban them. Far from it. I''m all for as much freedom of speech as possible, and a ban would only feed the ego. The answer is to not to get sucked in when they are obviously trolling. Nothing will deflate the ego like perpetually ignored posts. Sadly, some posters here lack the necessary willpower. It is their fault the trollery continues.

3. It is not just the trolls. There are some long-running feuds that do none of the participants any credit at all.

4. The evilly repressive hand of McNally strikes again? I''m dubious, in this case, apart from possibly to do with advice on finding internet streams. After all, this thread has not been pulled. The criticism of the club is still visible.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]I remain perfectly relaxed about the new set of rules and really don''t understand what all this fuss is about.[/quote]I wonder why that is Cluck? Wouldn''t have anything to do with the ban on posting about a certain supporters club would it?

It seems strange to me that there appeared to be less posts deleted whilst you took your sabbatical from the board.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]I remain perfectly relaxed about the new set of rules and really don''t understand what all this fuss is about. Pete''s given us all a long piece of rope over the years and unfortunately certain individuals have hung themselves.

[/quote]

I have to say Cluck that I''m disappointed with you. Last season I stuck up for you and laughed with you on occasions, but this crusade of yours the past few months against certain people isn''t pleasant reading.

Moving on, to Pete''s notice, that doesn''t surprise me at all, in fact I''m surprised he''s put up with the argueing and nasty comments for this long, he must have buckets full of patience.

Shame that a handfull of individuals can''t grow up and are spoiling the forum for everyone else, it reminds me of a school playground most days which is why I just read and dont post much nowadays.

My rant over [:)]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]if anyone actually believed a single word of the original post then i really do fear for them!!!![/quote]If you actually believed that the original post wasn''t kosher then I really do fear for you !! ( lol )This is '' Planet NCFC '' we''re talking about here.......it''s too absurd to be anything but true.

Well I can''t imagine people would sell them at the game, but they can once the game is over.

What a great little note, waste of printing by the club.

To be honest I think there should be a campaign to say to all those that do not hoard programmes to donate their old programmes to a local school library.

I sometimes buy old programmes in the club shop and when I worked at the club pick up the odd few so at local schools there were copies of the programme.

To be honest it is hilarious as I am sure many programmes are looked at once and either given away or hoarded away.

But please just give them to a local school.

I can live with it CA....Perhaps the manipulation of opinion on here by the pack will come to an end now. I will continue to post as always and make my points just as strongly.... only in future maybe the little ''elite'' will act as individuals instead of trying to silence posters en masse. There was no crusade. It''s called standing your ground and not being bullied.... just as it is in real life. As for spoiling it for others.... I am seldom active on more than a couple of threads at a time, threads which always got read widely and which always attracted those intent on trying to point score. I suggest that there will be many more new posters coming on here now who will feel able to speak out without being jumped on... the reason the Cluck character came into existence in the first place.I''ve given Pete an assurance that I will observe the new line in the sand.... but it''s up to everyone else to do likewise.

Thanks to cluckin'' nora posters are now free to post in safety on the pinkun messageboard. She alone has stood up to the pack who are intent on spoiling this board for others. She has stood her ground and refused to be bullied to make this place a safer place for all. To think I ever doubted her. I will now bow my head in shame for ever calling her a Chase loving Delia hating troll. She is our saviour and I call on Pete to bestow moderation powers upon her so that this place never again becomes a haven for a pack of bullies.

It''s a shame that this tread was not a whole 10 pages of    59''ers ticket holders warned not to sell or give away their complimentary match programmes because it does seem a little OTT 

Agree swindoncanary but it appears that some of those who have gone off on one are those who could be blamed for many other things wrong with this messagebaord of late.It looks like many things are a''changing (as Bob Dylan sang) at Carrow Road under McNally.