Sign in to follow this  
BW

Those that criticise Joey Barton

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14662175

An interesting read and i think it shows not everyone are exactly how they are seen or portrayed. Sometimes the most controversial figures are the deepest thinkers and it is that thinking that creates problem characters as they challenge the status quo. Rightly or wrongly they refuse to live a life where those who are seen as powerful can dictate and control the masses. I myself as a person have always hated control and i can sympathise with Barton as when we feel we are not able to fulfill our potential or there is something holding us back we tend to do mad or unacceptable things. Anyway looking forward to peoples opinions of Barton.

I did have a long arsed reply, but accidently pressed back so lost it. Quite simply, a wasted talent. Has the vision, ability on the ball, and sublime eye for a pass to grace a number of the Premiership elite, and should have been in the England setup for the last few years. He is, however, his own worse enemy. Time will tell if he''s learnt the errors of his way, he''s most certainly on the road to redemption right now. I do feel a move to QPR will be counter productive, though.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]I did have a long arsed reply, but accidently pressed back so lost it. Quite simply, a wasted talent. Has the vision, ability on the ball, and sublime eye for a pass to grace a number of the Premiership elite, and should have been in the England setup for the last few years. He is, however, his own worse enemy. Time will tell if he''s learnt the errors of his way, he''s most certainly on the road to redemption right now. I do feel a move to QPR will be counter productive, though.[/quote]

Agree with most of this; if Barton had kept his aggression on the pitch he would just be called a hardman - people would dislike him, but not vilify him. Because he took it outside of the game he got into trouble (deserved of course). Since going to jail Barton has been out of trouble and playing very well, he will still pick up red cards for poor tackles and grabbing Gervinho off the fall (after he had been tripped, not dived) was out of order but he is a good footballer and highly respected by many in the Newcastle dressing room. I would be happy for him to play for Norwich despite his past, as he has served his punishment and seemingly turned his life around.

[quote user="Better Wizard"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14662175

An interesting read and i think it shows not everyone are exactly how they are seen or portrayed. Sometimes the most controversial figures are the deepest thinkers and it is that thinking that creates problem characters as they challenge the status quo. Rightly or wrongly they refuse to live a life where those who are seen as powerful can dictate and control the masses. I myself as a person have always hated control and i can sympathise with Barton as when we feel we are not able to fulfill our potential or there is something holding us back we tend to do mad or unacceptable things. Anyway looking forward to peoples opinions of Barton.[/quote]

If you take that way of thinking to it''s logical conclusion then you must agree that the rioting this month was ok?

Anyway, Joey Barton is clearly a fantastic footballer. But he''s not the sharpest tool in the box judging by his tweets, and as a result will never fulfil his potential if he doesn''t listen to advice from those that now better, ie. those in authority.

[quote user="Jonzey"][quote user="Better Wizard"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14662175 An interesting read and i think it shows not everyone are exactly how they are seen or portrayed. Sometimes the most controversial figures are the deepest thinkers and it is that thinking that creates problem characters as they challenge the status quo. Rightly or wrongly they refuse to live a life where those who are seen as powerful can dictate and control the masses. I myself as a person have always hated control and i can sympathise with Barton as when we feel we are not able to fulfill our potential or there is something holding us back we tend to do mad or unacceptable things. Anyway looking forward to peoples opinions of Barton.[/quote] If you take that way of thinking to it''s logical conclusion then you must agree that the rioting this month was ok? Anyway, Joey Barton is clearly a fantastic footballer. But he''s not the sharpest tool in the box judging by his tweets, and as a result will never fulfil his potential if he doesn''t listen to advice from those that now better, ie. those in authority.[/quote]

You really think that people in positions of authority know better?

There are always exceptions, but clearly yes. Without authority, law and order you have anarchy. And I''d much prefer to live in a civilised society thanks.

But anyway, let''s not have too much of a philisophical discussion about Joey Barton. He''s a dick. End of.

I would have him here in a heartbeat if it wasn''t for his high wages.

Great player - one of the best in that position in England.

[quote user="Xavi- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]From the tweets of his that i have read, i think he came across fairly erudite.[/quote]

Have to say I agree - comes across in tweets even more profound than our tweet loving Director!

I have mixed feelings about the riots that happened. I believe these riots were almost the first of their kind they were so different from anything in the past. I believe yes anarchy and rioting shows people going against the status quo in which i support however you have to have reasoning behind such actions. The people who rioted would struggle to tell you why they had participated it was more greed and opportunism that allowed for the scenes that we saw and that i do not agree with. I also believe that greed will be withing the next 5 years the downfall of our society and we as a human race will change significantly and have a whole new way of thinking and behaving but that is a whole different debate which i will be willing to explain if people are interested. Joey Barton is a troubled man mentally but often those who are capable of great things are as well. If Joey can channel his energy he will be great.

Blimey, that''s deep BW. I take it you don''t agree with Gordon Gekko then?!

As for Joey Barton''s tweets, yes they''re erudite, but the points he tries to relay are those of a confused 14 year old school boy. He needs to man up and realise the world isn''t against him (well most of the hard man midfielders are) and that he is a lucky pr*ck to be where he is.

I feel we as a human race should always strive for more which is what essentially greed is, however i feel if this disadvantages others to a point where they cannot live a life that allows them to have basic human rights this is unfair. I do feel there will be big changes soon and like i said it will change the whole way of thinking of the people of today and their behavior. The human race as we see it today will be almost totally different and it will be for the better. However for this to happen something catastrophic will happen and people will lose everything. Its all ready happening people will start to realise however it will be too late. But like i said it will be ok in the end and the human race will evolve because of it. What i am saying this is all a result of the current human races greed.

Sorry if i am not a good enough writer to explain this fully in a easy way it''s not one of my strengths but this is my viewpoint.

Lol mrs Tierney you must be my first ever supporter most refuse to talk to me as i refuse to play their games of inner circle and that.

In talks with Shaun Wright Phillips also , Fernandes spening a bit and good signings for QPR .

Money talks again then, not only is he a convict, a cheat and an all round trouble causer, he''ll also jump ship for a few extra quid.

Stick him in the same band with Lee Hughes and Marlon King for me.

Like him a lot as a player, but can''t stand him as an individual.  Wow, he''s read a book.  Wow, he has 6th form-style views on utopia.  Brilliant.  Now here''s another £50k for this week''s training and 90 minutes of matchplay.He stubbed a lit cigar out in someone''s eye.  You don''t do something like that without having something fundamentally wrong with you.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Joey Barton is apparently having a medical at present with QPR[/quote]#If I were QPR, I''d have skipped the medical and had an in-depth mental.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Like him a lot as a player, but can''t stand him as an individual.  Wow, he''s read a book.  Wow, he has 6th form-style views on utopia.  Brilliant.  Now here''s another £50k for this week''s training and 90 minutes of matchplay.

He stubbed a lit cigar out in someone''s eye.  You don''t do something like that without having something fundamentally wrong with you.

[/quote]

Well said! Yes he is a very good player but it''s quite amazing what some people can overlook because someone can read a book. Some of the biggest scumbags in world history have been well-educated. Really can''t see what that has to do with it.

Im not overlooking what he''s done what so ever i jsut evaluate things. It''s not all black and white and nor are human beings. What i do think is Joey is a interesting character and through the study of people and their behavior we could learn alot from him and try and find reasoning behind what he has done and what he does.

Barton is a pseudo intellectual, a thug, and above all a compulsive liar. Re run the clip on Youtube where he punches Pedersen, and then spends the next 5 minutes in denial, claiming to all and sundry that is was a push. Look again at the reaction in the recent Arsenal game, then read his tweets. Barton is beyond help, and you can stake your mortgage that he will have exactly the same experiences at QPR. I would be absolutely devasted if we signed him. Football has little morality at times but signing Barton would be beyond the pale.

[quote user="Better Wizard"]I feel we as a human race should always strive for more which is what essentially greed is, however i feel if this disadvantages others to a point where they cannot live a life that allows them to have basic human rights this is unfair. I do feel there will be big changes soon and like i said it will change the whole way of thinking of the people of today and their behavior. The human race as we see it today will be almost totally different and it will be for the better. However for this to happen something catastrophic will happen and people will lose everything. Its all ready happening people will start to realise however it will be too late. But like i said it will be ok in the end and the human race will evolve because of it. What i am saying this is all a result of the current human races greed.

Sorry if i am not a good enough writer to explain this fully in a easy way it''s not one of my strengths but this is my viewpoint.[/quote]Are you my brother? You sound just like him.I should note that is no insult (by all means, you''ve briefly outlined a similar array of concepts me and him have long deliberated - and shouted - over, ourselves).Have you ever heard of ''The Venus Project''? Might be worth a quick read if you have the time; seems to me like it could be right up your alley...http://www.thevenusproject.com/en/the-venus-project-introduction/aboutAs for Barton, his situation seems somewhat comparable to Craig Bellamy, in that their both clearly intelligent and compassionate people; but to ask of such people to be reconciled into the oblique and callous modus operandi of the modern footballing industry can sometimes be too much. I''m not surprised by the product, it''s not excused by anyone, but we''d be wise to apply our objectivity to understand cases like these.The current system in football either affronts, elevates or deters footballers out of a decadent lifestyle and culture for the sake of image and/or money; boasting what is quite possibly the most feigned superficial morality to speak of in any business.

John i will have a read. I don''t have a brother called John but it''s good that there are others that have similar interests and beliefs. Yes i totally agree that Barton persona, behavior and way of life is a product of the superficial life of celebrity football. The thing is people make him out to be a monster, yes he has done bad things and yes he may do it again but i feel sometimes a good bit of support does wonders and with the whole world and his dog on his back he will never be able to escape. Is warnock the man to put his arm around him and lead him on the right path who knows.

Sure peoples views on this guy would be different had he been joining us and not Q.P.R.

Had he joined us it would have been, '' Had his problems, but seems to be sorting himself out + footballing ability is whats important'' etc....

Quality signing for them and they will do well with these kinda signings.

John very interesting the venus project and is pretty much my idea on how we need to become for humanity to survive. However my big question is if we lived in an resource based economy how do we decide on who does the bad jobs such as picking up rubbish. As we would be so free to do what we wanted to help improve the world. Would our whole change in norms and values allow us to individually clean the place as well as doing other jobs? Would we find time to be able to do everything? I feel though they are right and we will lose the current norms and values we have now of greed, prejudice etc but i think when we lose everything economically which as i have said before will be happening soon and which will breakdown international politics which will result in horrific scenes. We won''t enjoy anything for a while i know and it may be future offspring that turn society round as we need a majority of people to have a whole change of the way they think. Unfortunately we have been born at the wrong time however we have to take this on the chin it is the ones that try to change things that will get the best out of life not the ones who fight it. However like i also said we need those who will fight it to fight it so it shows how much we need to change otherwise it will just be a slow fizzling out of humanity.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/qpr-stockpiling-gits-201108254237/An accurate reflection of the QPR project.

[quote user="Better Wizard"]John very interesting the venus project and is pretty much my idea on how we need to become for humanity to survive. However my big question is if we lived in an resource based economy how do we decide on who does the bad jobs such as picking up rubbish. As we would be so free to do what we wanted to help improve the world. Would our whole change in norms and values allow us to individually clean the place as well as doing other jobs? Would we find time to be able to do everything? I feel though they are right and we will lose the current norms and values we have now of greed, prejudice etc but i think when we lose everything economically which as i have said before will be happening soon and which will breakdown international politics which will result in horrific scenes. We won''t enjoy anything for a while i know and it may be future offspring that turn society round as we need a majority of people to have a whole change of the way they think. Unfortunately we have been born at the wrong time however we have to take this on the chin it is the ones that try to change things that will get the best out of life not the ones who fight it. However like i also said we need those who will fight it to fight it so it shows how much we need to change otherwise it will just be a slow fizzling out of humanity.[/quote]I think one of the major principles that The Venus Project relies on (and perhaps runs with - although i think it is vindicated, or will at least come to be so) is that advanced modern science has been woven into the outdated operations of society, and perhaps the lack of balance has distorted our image of how society should operate. Consequently we stay stubborn, ignorant, and fearful under a destructive formula, as a result of such custom. In answer to your query, it would suggest that science and engineering could take up the mantle of menial tasks we need not occupy ourselves with if it doesn''t fit ones own agenda; and the supposed neccessity for a ''proletariat'' to do so is in itself an obsolete notion in a resource based society.The extent of wealth, conveniance, and overindulged joy that the other half live is highlighted somewhat by egalitarian co-operates. Employee''s of co-operates in some of the most ordinary jobs, i.e. factory working, can expect a standard wage of over £50,000 per annum in only very modest businesses.