Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Stephen Hughes' contract terminated.

..by mutual consent!!Yeah right....Club "Please leave"Player "No way"Club "We''ll give you some money"Player "OK"Club "Bye"

[quote user="NWC"]..by mutual consent!!Yeah right....Club "Please leave"Player "No way"Club "We''ll give you some money"Player "OK"Club "Bye"[/quote]That is the very essence of mutual consent. It is mutually beneficial!Not sure what else you thought it might mean or be

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="NWC"]..by mutual consent!!Yeah right....Club "Please leave"Player "No way"Club "We''ll give you some money"Player "OK"Club "Bye"[/quote]That is the very essence of mutual consent. It is mutually beneficial!Not sure what else you thought it might mean or be[/quote]Groan...No, they are 2 different things.Mutual consent would be something like Club "Steve we want you to leave"Player "Oh great, I wanted to go anyway as I want to sign a new contract with Acrington Stanley"That is terminating a contract by mutual consent - the term applies to the termination of the contract, not if it it will be beneficial or not to any one party.

tin hat on.

but I wish Mr Hughes well...ok it didn''t work out for him in PL''s set up in the last 12 months but I for one think he was/is a great player and the if some people who think Cody for 400k is a snip, I reckon Hughes on the free is an absolute deal!

Always thought he was a reasonable player but was never going to get many chances with firstly Korey Smith and then Crofty nailing down places on the right corner of that diamond. I think his best game was the away game at Leeds. Just ran out of steam at the end as did a lot of the team. I think he will resurface in the SPL personally.

A good player - I remember in the opening games of our League One season many of us thought he was going to be the most important player in our side... I think it''s fair to say that a combination of injuries and rocketing up through the leagues means he''s now surplus to requirements but not through any real fault of his own.  He would improve many teams I imagine.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Good luck to the lad, have seen worse players don the Y&G shirt.[/quote]

Much much worse. Decent midfielder imo and did well for us on the pitch. I can see him signing for a big club after us. I wish him all the best.

Agreed Spencer! I always like Hughes and thought he was a very good player on the ball. Sad to see him go, but good luck to the lad! A Scottish Benayoun, quick feet, good on the ball, some nice passing play at times. Wish he could have played a few more games on the trot so we could have seen more. Hope he finds a club soon.

[quote user="NWC"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="NWC"]..by mutual consent!!Yeah right....Club "Please leave"Player "No way"Club "We''ll give you some money"Player "OK"Club "Bye"[/quote]That is the very essence of mutual consent. It is mutually beneficial!Not sure what else you thought it might mean or be[/quote]Groan...No, they are 2 different things.Mutual consent would be something like Club "Steve we want you to leave"Player "Oh great, I wanted to go anyway as I want to sign a new contract with Acrington Stanley"That is terminating a contract by mutual consent - the term applies to the termination of the contract, not if it it will be beneficial or not to any one party.[/quote]PlankNorwich will pay him less in a lump sum that they would if he were to see out his contract so they benefit. He will recieve that money and become a free agent meaning that even though nobody has signed him before the window closes he can now sign for anybody at any time. This mutually benefits both parties.He is worth nothing in transfer fees so if he wanted to sign for Acrington Stanley, Norwich would say great. But they don''t want to sign him cos if the did, they could. It''s called business.

Dumber!

Of course SH was given money to agree to the termination of his contract - it is the only way he would have agreed to have his contract terminated. But would he have agreed to have the contract terminated if he had not received a payment? No. So the club instigated the termination of the contract by offering the payment. So basically he was payed off and sacked - that is not mutual consent.

" He is worth nothing in transfer fees so if he wanted to sign for Acrington Stanley, Norwich would say great. But they don''t want to sign him cos if the did, they could. It''s called business." What fantastic litigation. You should try and be a solicitor when you grow up.

End.

Good grief. You really don''t get this NWC do you?

Hughes'' contract has been terminated mid-term. This required the consent of both parties (ie mutual consent). Consent was provided by both parties because it suited both parties. Presumably, the club save some wages whilst the player gets some money and the opportunity to resurrect his career at a lower league club where presumably he will earn less.

The fact that Hughes was paid some cash to leave does not mean the contract wasn''t terminated by mutual consent.

As others have said.

The only way it could be terminated by one party is if the club paid him the full remainder of his contract and released him, or he/the club were in breach of contract and he was sacked/left.

It goes like this.

Player earns 10k a week with 2 years left = roughly £1m

Player can get 3 year contract on 5k a week if he leaves plus 100k signing on fee

Club offer him 400k to leave now, he does so and ends up with a longer contract on less money but compo for that. Club save 600k over 2 years.

= mutual consent.

Obviously those numbers are very made up.