Sign in to follow this  
SWP = Poor Mans Ruel Fox!!

Excellent interview with Lambert in Guardian

Good article in The Scotsman too.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Interview-Paul-Lambert-Norwich-manager.6813903.jp?

Thank our lucky stars we have this man as our manager, the players must love playing for such a positive, and driven man, with Mr Lambert at the helm ,i have no doubt we will survive in this league. O.T.B.C.

"You''ve got to be frightened to lose,"

What a statement in modern football, when 90% of footballers in the premiership would gladly jump ship for an extra 10K a week just to sit on the bench and watch!

You have to love the man who buys players to play for the club, expects them to feel pain in losing, I just wonder if this could be installed into the Rooney''s of this world then England might just win something!

[quote user="Indy"]"You''ve got to be frightened to lose,"

What a statement in modern football, when 90% of footballers in the premiership would gladly jump ship for an extra 10K a week just to sit on the bench and watch!

You have to love the man who buys players to play for the club, expects them to feel pain in losing, I just wonder if this could be installed into the Rooney''s of this world then England might just win something![/quote]I can understand what you''re saying, however I truly believe that players such as Rooney etc do have that built into them. No player wants to go out and lose a game and I''m confident the majority of our England squad still have a hunger for the game and a desire to do well.In my opinion, the problem is thus; The emphasis the individual puts on their clubs outweighs the amount of pride they feel playing for England....And sure, money comes into it because these clubs pay their wages and they may have signed for said club as they wanted to play for said manager.They don''t have much power over who they play under in the England set-up.These high profile players see the kind of rewards available playing at the absolute top of the game and I think it distorts their grasp on reality......or something. [:)]

The article is a double page spread in the centre of the Observer Premier League pullout today. And they reckon we''ll finish 12th! Is there a City supporter on their staff?

PL - his is a living legend working at the club, without him we would not be PL.

Less a good interview more an insight to how the great man thinks and works and just reinforces my feeling he will progress to be our best manager. If we can grow with his reputation we can have several more wonderful years.

" I''m confident the majority of our England squad still have a hunger for the game and a desire to do well"

for their clubs, not some mickey mouse distraction

How he managed to engineer a move to Dortmund is pretty inspiational. From being released from tiny St Mirren to winning the Champions League and man marking one of the greatest players ever is fantastic. It just goes to show you should always go for it, just in case!