Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

Season ticket rebates

I wouldnt blame anyone for taking the rebate, it was money they were entitled to for an inferior product. I do not know why some people are taking the moral high ground here, particularly this post: -

"Fair point Dicky, thank god those of us who decided that it was crucial to help our almost bancrupt club in its hour of need came good"

In that case, why stop at the rebate? Why not pay an extra £50 every season? Why not donate every spare pound you have?

And to some people trying to say that taking the rebate hindered our chances on the pitch, what a load of rubbish. Us getting smashed 7-1 on the opening day is what led us to this point.

(And for those who havent read between the lines, no I did not take my rebate..)

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Buckethead, I''m impressed but a bit confused by this claim about your letter. You saying it had its effect (Doncaster leaving) months later doesn''t seem to fit in with the chronology, which is as follows:

The day we got relegated (May 3) Smith and Jones said there would be changes made. Nine days later (May 12) the announcement was made that Munby and Doncaster had left, although I was sure (a 99 per cent certainty) as early as May 8 that there were boardroom changes. It was just that they hadn''t been announced. And in the meantime Gunn had been confirmed as manager, and very shortly afterwards the search had started for a new chairman and a chief executive.

[/quote]

Purple Canary,

The announcement, reported by Archant was that Roger Munby and Neil Doncaster had a change of ROLE. If both were terminated from their directorships then I am under the impression that there would not have been a quorum for board meetings of NCFC Plc.

Furthermore Companies House has a date of 26/6/09 for Roger Munby''s form 288b and 20/7/09 for Neil Doncaster''s form 288b. 

[/quote]

---

This red herring  again? Oh well, one more time, I suppose. I don''t care what Archant reported (even assuming you''ve got its wording right, which I don''t). I go by the club statement. And that did not say Munby and Doncaster had had a CHANGE of role - it said they had STEPPED DOWN down from their roles. And by that it meant not just as chairman and chief executive respectively but also as directors. You can tell this because the club statement goes on to refer to "the remaining directors" as being only Smith and Jones and Foulger.

And in a farewell message Munby and Doncaster talked about how "a new board of directors is essential". "We therefore believe it is in the best interests of the club that we step down from our positions." That can only mean their positions as directors as well as from their titled positions. Otherwise they could not acknowledge the need for a new board of directors.

Now it may be that Carrow Road was a bit tardy with the paperwork, and it is certainly possible that Doncaster stayed on IN NAME ONLY for quorum purposes.

But in every meaningful way Munby and Doncaster stopped being directors of the club and stopped operating as such immediately. Ie on May 12. And, as I have said, I am sure the decision was made some days before that. Which brings me back to the point. Which was that the rebate debate was irrelevant to the boardroom changes.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Furthermore Companies House has a date of 26/6/09 for Roger Munby''s form 288b and 20/7/09 for Neil Doncaster''s form 288b

[/quote]LEST WE FORGET.  [:''(][:''(][:''(]

Those who took their rebates were perfectly entitled to and continued to contribute to the success of the club.

Thóse who did not take their rebates contributed relatively more financially to the success of the club. It is simple arithmetic.

Those who think that taking the rebate or campaigning not to take the rebate somehow made a difference to the management of the club when the rabate came after the management changes were already in train must either have had a time machine as PC has pointed out or are merely deluding themselves.

[quote user="T"]

Those who took their rebates were perfectly entitled to and continued to contribute to the success of the club.

Thóse who did not take their rebates contributed relatively more financially to the success of the club. It is simple arithmetic.

Those who think that taking the rebate or campaigning not to take the rebate somehow made a difference to the management of the club when the rabate came after the management changes were already in train must either have had a time machine as PC has pointed out or are merely deluding themselves.

[/quote]

So who is more of a fan.. Me who didnt take the rebate but only went to two away games whilst we were in league one, or someone who took the rebate but re-invested that money and went to more away games? [:P]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Furthermore Companies House has a date of 26/6/09 for Roger Munby''s form 288b and 20/7/09 for Neil Doncaster''s form 288b

[/quote]LEST WE FORGET.  [:''(][:''(][:''(][/quote]Yes we wouldn''t want FACTS to get in the way of the fantasy four''s fun.

[quote user="T"]

[/quote]Simple arithmetic my backside!I probably spent more on attending games in our League 1 season than I did last season, despite not attending a match until Lambert''s first game in charge at home to Wycombe and not being a season ticket holder that season.  I saw a lot of games on a casual basis and approximately 12 away from home that season.  I would say that it would compare with what I spent last season when I was a season ticket holder.The difference was that I was not prepared to invest in  a failing boardrooms plans for failure with the appointemnt of a 3rd succesive manager (in Gunn) who gave me zero confidence that our faltering fortunes would be reversed.

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Furthermore Companies House has a date of 26/6/09 for Roger Munby''s form 288b and 20/7/09 for Neil Doncaster''s form 288b

[/quote]LEST WE FORGET.  [:''(][:''(][:''(][/quote]

Yes we wouldn''t want FACTS to get in the way of the fantasy four''s fun.
[/quote]

Oh dear me Lapps the humourless two have missed it again! As they say some fell on stoney ground.

Sits back and waits for the name calling.

Seriously!!!

All those who think taking their rebate made the difference and all those who think not taking their rebate made the difference.....

Get over yourselves![:P]

It was never a rebate until the club marketed it as such. It was a pricing structure. One price for the Championship and another for League One.

The fans who contributed most and were of most value to the club were those who stuck by them throughout that period. Those fans are reaping their rewards now. The fans who turned their back on the club, and even more so those who encouraged other fans to do so, can still now support a Premier League team but can claim no credit for the transformation. In fact they can eat my shit[:O]

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Furthermore Companies House has a date of 26/6/09 for Roger Munby''s form 288b and 20/7/09 for Neil Doncaster''s form 288b

Yes we wouldn''t want FACTS to get in the way of the fantasy four''s fun.

[/quote]From the keyboard warriors'' handbook.....

A fact is not a fact unless it''s spelt with capital letters. FACT!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]All those who think taking their rebate made the difference and all those who think not taking their rebate made the difference....

[/quote]It was Tangy''s persistence in constantly ringing Companies House in his hunt for form 288b  that made the difference and changed the course of the clubs history. FACT!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Furthermore Companies House has a date of 26/6/09 for Roger Munby''s form 288b and 20/7/09 for Neil Doncaster''s form 288b

Yes we wouldn''t want FACTS to get in the way of the fantasy four''s fun.

[/quote]

The Chuckle Brothers will no doubt be pleased that three of the fantasy four have posted today so any ideas who the fourth member is Lapps?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Furthermore Companies House has a date of 26/6/09 for Roger Munby''s form 288b and 20/7/09 for Neil Doncaster''s form 288b

[/quote]

The Chuckle Brothers will no doubt be pleased that three of the fantasy four have posted today so any ideas who the fourth member is Lapps?

[/quote]Could it be that burning effigy that crafty is always fantasising about? [^o)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Furthermore Companies House has a date of 26/6/09 for Roger Munby''s form 288b and 20/7/09 for Neil Doncaster''s form 288b

[/quote]

[/quote]Classic! what was that about name calling ? Talking to your dog publicly now I see. Why don''t you come clean about the real reason behind your hounding of the Butler?

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Furthermore Companies House has a date of 26/6/09 for Roger Munby''s form 288b and 20/7/09 for Neil Doncaster''s form 288b

[/quote]

[/quote]

Classic! what was that about name calling ? Talking to your dog publicly now I see. Why don''t you come clean about the real reason behind your hounding of the Butler?

[/quote]

Now after five days and six pages of this thread you now want to drag The Butler into play.What is the agenda for that?

Got no idea what Crafty''s up to? Or why he''s involved in a thread about who paid what for their season ticket? And what''s it got to do with The Butler? Didn''t he pay the League One price? I can''t remember which way he voted at The Andrews? Or did he even have a ticket....

Whatever is Crafty on about??????[*-)][8-)]

Blimey if this little lot does not make Cluckbert put in an appearance The Chuckle Brothers will be all on their own.[;)]

Form 288b is the formal way of telling the world that a persons position as a director has been terminated. A change of role is different and lets not forget that a quorum was needed for board meetings.  So how many directors do you think NCFC Plc had when they took the decision to reappoint Gunn?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Form 288b is the formal way of telling the world that a persons position as a director has been terminated.

[/quote]The world wasn''t remotely interested.....nor was his wife!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Form 288b is the formal way of telling the world that a persons position as a director has been terminated. A change of role is different and lets not forget that a quorum was needed for board meetings.  So how many directors do you think NCFC Plc had when they took the decision to reappoint Gunn?

[/quote]

[:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''

Tweedledum and Tweedledee have now joined in as the organ grinder calls for back-up. Come on now, tells us all  why you lot had your campaign against the Butler. Don''t be shy, as it will all come out one day. It can be your own little phone-hacking style saga. Just because you are, don''t play dumb!

[quote user="crafty canary"]Tweedledum and Tweedledee have now joined in as the organ grinder calls for back-up. Come on now, tells us all  why you lot had your campaign against the Butler. Don''t be shy, as it will all come out one day. It can be your own little phone-hacking style saga. Just because you are, don''t play dumb![/quote]I thought that anybody remotely interested knew already didn''t they Crafty?

[quote user="crafty canary"]Tweedledum and Tweedledee have now joined in as the organ grinder calls for back-up. Come on now, tells us all  why you lot had your campaign against the Butler. Don''t be shy, as it will all come out one day. It can be your own little phone-hacking style saga. Just because you are, don''t play dumb!
[/quote]

You really are trying very hard to get Peter The Deleter to remove this thread or posts by taking it way,way,way off topic.What is this agenda(i have asked earlier but you did not reply) to involve The Butler in this thread?

Crafty takes it off topic because the topic has no relevance to him. Maybe that''s why he''s calling for the Butler. Now if Cluckin'' Nora were here too there''d be three of them with nothing to do with the topic whatsoever. Except Nora pretended to have "a bank of season tickets" to "throw in". Not sure if the other two ever pretended to have season tickets? Anyone?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Form 288b is the formal way of telling the world that a persons position as a director has been terminated.

[/quote]The world wasn''t remotely interested.....nor was his wife!

[/quote]

But the thread received thousands and thousands and thousands of views, so it was interesting to many out there in the cyber world.

Mmmm, not quite sure how this thread turned into a playground squabble. Not really sure who is on who''s side, so can''t join in.

Back to my original point, I still maintain that those people who were prepared to forgoe their rebates, at the time the club needed you most, did their bit "for richer and poorer", more so than those that didn''t. As to needing the money, these people were prepared to pay this for Champ football, so this doesn''t wash.