Sign in to follow this  
CanaryJames

Lansbury likely to be sold...

Going purely on what he''s said, I can''t see him not agreeing a contract extension, but still good news for us...

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/7797/9/arsenal-warn-lansbury-he-faces-emirates-exit

That and the fact they are going to have a clear-out this summer.

Eboue, Rosicky amongst others to go could mean that those infront of Lansbury will reduce in numbers. It could be between him and Walcott on the right.

Then you have Wilshere, Song, Ramsey and Fabregas (if he stays) for the middle slots and Nasri and Arshevin on the left if they both stay.

But football is a funny game, who knows what could happen. Wenger could decide it is time for Walcott to play up front and Lansbury really would be in for a shout even if they got another winger in.

He doesn''t fit in with Lambert''s tranfer target criteria.Not a big money signing I''d like brought into the club permanently anyway.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]He doesn''t fit in with Lambert''s tranfer target criteria.

Not a big money signing I''d like brought into the club permanently anyway.
[/quote]

1, He does fit his player criteria though.

2, No one knows how much he would be valued at.

3, Lambert has been known to make exceptions - I remember him saying how against the loan system he was.

I dont understand why everyone thinks he would be expensive. Cost Arsenal nothing, hasnt really done anything, couldnt even force his way into our starting 11.

Someone stated that with the players going he is likely to be up there as an option. I think Arsenal will spend big in the summer so he could find himself even further down the pecking order.

I wouldnt mind him here permanently but am really not bothered either way.

Would have thought we could get him for a reasonable initial fee (£2m?), with lots of add-ons and a big sell-on clause. Quite often works that way with players so young- he`s only 20 isn`t he? Hope so.

In some ways Arsenal don''t really have the right to demand a huge fee for HL. Surely it can only be around £2-3 million?? I mean to be fair, what''s he done there? A goal against Spurs in the Carling Cup doesn''t warrant a big fee.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]In some ways Arsenal don''t really have the right to demand a huge fee for HL. Surely it can only be around £2-3 million?? I mean to be fair, what''s he done there? A goal against Spurs in the Carling Cup doesn''t warrant a big fee.[/quote]Sometimes its not what the young player has necessarily done on the pitch that warrants the high transfer fee, Aresnal have invested a lot of time and money into Henri and therfore they go on this and the potential progress he could make, so Aresnal have every right to demand what they feel they deserve for him.

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="Row D Seat 7"]In some ways Arsenal don''t really have the right to demand a huge fee for HL. Surely it can only be around £2-3 million?? I mean to be fair, what''s he done there? A goal against Spurs in the Carling Cup doesn''t warrant a big fee.[/quote]

Sometimes its not what the young player has necessarily done on the pitch that warrants the high transfer fee, Aresnal have invested a lot of time and money into Henri and therfore they go on this and the potential progress he could make, so Aresnal have every right to demand what they feel they deserve for him.
[/quote]

It don''t work like that anymore, its a bit like putting the price of your car up because its had a new engine fitted, its called market value, and the market value for Lansbury can be no more than £2.5 mill due to age and performance. or am I talking out my rear, think not

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="Row D Seat 7"]In some ways Arsenal don''t really have the right to demand a huge fee for HL. Surely it can only be around £2-3 million?? I mean to be fair, what''s he done there? A goal against Spurs in the Carling Cup doesn''t warrant a big fee.[/quote]Sometimes its not what the young player has necessarily done on the pitch that warrants the high transfer fee, Aresnal have invested a lot of time and money into Henri and therfore they go on this and the potential progress he could make, so Aresnal have every right to demand what they feel they deserve for him.[/quote]

It don''t work like that anymore, its a bit like putting the price of your car up because its had a new engine fitted, its called market value, and the market value for Lansbury can be no more than £2.5 mill due to age and performance. or am I talking out my rear, think not

[/quote]The people that are in control of the value of Henri are both Arsenal and his agent, their market value of him will be in the region of 4-5 million. Players in the championship with no Prem experience sometimes go for 3 mil plus. Henri''s value will exceed this 3 mil price tag purely because he is an Arenal player and has recieved coaching and development from one of the best footballing set-ups in the World. Arsene Wenger and AFC will want a decent return on the development and progression of the player that they have had since 2006. The only thing preventing us signing him for less than 5 mil is that he only has a year on his contract. Doesnt mean that AFC will let him go though. 

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="Row D Seat 7"]In some ways Arsenal don''t really have the right to demand a huge fee for HL. Surely it can only be around £2-3 million?? I mean to be fair, what''s he done there? A goal against Spurs in the Carling Cup doesn''t warrant a big fee.[/quote]Sometimes its not what the young player has necessarily done on the pitch that warrants the high transfer fee, Aresnal have invested a lot of time and money into Henri and therfore they go on this and the potential progress he could make, so Aresnal have every right to demand what they feel they deserve for him.[/quote]Agreed.... and £3 million is still alot of money for City with so many areas to strengthen/cover.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]He doesn''t fit in with Lambert''s tranfer target criteria.

Not a big money signing I''d like brought into the club permanently anyway.
[/quote]

That''s the end of that then!

I think aswell as building for next season, we also need to be looking towards the future aswell. I firmly believe Henri will go on to become a very good player, and do hope that if there is any chance that we can get him on a permanent deal then we will grab that opportunity. His stock is sure to rise, and as Lamberts said bringing the likes of Michael Owen etc to Carrow Rd will never happen, then surely our only chance is to sign those players before they come good if you like - That''s why I especially want us to have a go at prising Pacheco away from Anfield, it''s clear he''s going to be a top player and I think already has what it takes to make a decent impact on the Premier League next season.

Looking at this logically, virtually no England U21 players over the last decade have commanded more than 3 million, and those that have done so, have generally been players who were playing regularly or close to it for their club side e.g. Cattermole.Considering that Scott Sinclair was sold for a deal worth approx 1mil in total, and that Lansbury hasn''t really seen any more first team action overall, I''d suggest that a figure not much higher than this would be reasonable, say maybe 1.5 mil (2 at the most) dependent on matches/goals etc.Let''s be honest, despite the lads ability, he''s not going to be a first choice for Arsenal, and I''m pretty sure he''d rather be having a good shout of first team games with us, than rotting on the bench at Arsenal (or being loaned out again), and I''m also sure that with the current pressure on Wenger to sign more established players, they''re likely to be more receptive to a fair deal for a decent young player who so far hasn''t been able to step up for them.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]I dont understand why everyone thinks he would be expensive. Cost Arsenal nothing, hasnt really done anything, couldnt even force his way into our starting 11.  [/quote]

Exactly. He didn''t manage to establish himself as a first choice starting player when he was with us which should tell everyone what kind of level he''s currently at.

He''s a good player but he''s not a great player. Very much a mixed bag in his time here; sometimes he was dominating the game, sometimes it passed him by and sometimes he came up with moments of brilliance and other times he gave the ball away cheaply and unnecessarily.

I''d happily have him back but I don''t think there''d be too many established Premier League clubs competing to sign him.

While Lansbury was over rated by some fans wearing the "hes from Arsenal" blinkers, overall he done a good job for us, particularly with his tenacity!

So obviously I think he''d be a good signing for us this summer.

But not for £3M. Lansburys worth about £1.5M with add ons taking it up to £2M!