Sign in to follow this  
MrWashington147

Rob Green or Fraser Forster

Maybe I have missed a post but nobody has mentioned Rob Green or Fraser Forster to join Norwich in the summer.Greeno looks like he is going down and did very well for us.Forster has said he would love to join Norwich.For me both would be awesome; who would cost the most?OTBC - we are up up up

Stick with RuddyGreeno - NoForster -Would love to see him back but it''s hardly fair on Ruddy

Yes, you have missed a previous post on this topic.Green - No thanks...he quit on us and jumped ship.Forster - Would be a good addition, however neither Ruddy, nor Forster would want to play 2nd fiddle.Overall, such a suggestion is disrespectful of Ruddy, since he''s done an outstanding job this season and I''m sure he''ll raise his game when needed.

We don''t need a new GK.

Best option would be an experienced GK, who wouldn''t mind sitting on the bench, but reliable enough if needed. So Rudd can go out and get some experience. Green is probably still good enough for first team premiership.

milehighcanary. PLAYERS MOVE CLUBS IF THEY DIDN''T WE WOULDN''T HAVE THE PLAYERS WE HAVE NOW.

Green was hear for over 10 years i believe (including academy/youth time). He played a full season after we got relegated. Was sold for £2 million, after a disappointing season for him and most of the team. He didn''t beg to leave. But an England International GK should not be playing in the Championship

Right ive had enough of this, im sick of people coming out of the woodwork since promotion, who probably have been to one game all season, and in your case Mr Washington have the grand total of 1 post to your name, and posting some c rap like this.

There was an idiot the other day with about 5 posts to his name saying we should get Fraser Forster back.

So same response to you OP.

PI$$ OFF WITH YOUR GREEN OR FORSTER JOHN RUDDY IS OUR FLAMIN KEEPER THANKS AND IF YOU HADNT NOTICED WE JUST GOT PROMOTED WITH HIM BETWEEN THE STICKS.

rant temporarily over, until the next time some band wagon jumper posts that we need a new striker cause Grant Holt isnt good enough for the Premiership.

[quote user="DOGGER"]Stick with Ruddy

Greeno - No

Forster -Would love to see him back but it''s hardly fair on Ruddy

[/quote]

[Y]

Fraser as back up maybe,but i think Ruddy has earned the right to play!

said it 100 time westwood, best keeper outside the prem by a mile and much better than ruddy

green- no thanks

forster- would love it but would cost a good £5m

Green did a great job for us and stuck around a lot longer than most would have, and Foster was a legend last season, but we don''t need another GK who would expect to start as other have said. While we have conceded quite a few this year its down to the way we play, not Ruddy. The fact that we have conceded almost twice as many as QPR yet Ruddy is only 1 place behind Kenny in the Actim Index shows how well he has done.

We need someone with experience, not expecting to start and cheap so that Rudd can go out on loan and we can concentrate out funds on other areas that need strengthening.

Your problem with our existing goalkeeper is ???

Ruddy is better than Forster will be as good as Green is passionate about this club and is being pushed out by people like you. Guess what Ruddy goes new keeper comes in new keeper makes a mistake t**ts like you want the new keeper out and question Lambert for getting rid of Ruddy.

Ruddy was signed by Lambert and has played all season. If you are questioning Ruddy you are also questioning Lambert

[quote user="DOGGER"]Stick with Ruddy

Greeno - No

Forster -Would love to see him back but it''s hardly fair on Ruddy

[/quote]  even less fair on rudd. whats the point of having a youth team and ignoring emerging talent. i don''t think another goalie purchase is on the agenda.

Im not saying we need a new keeper because Ruddy has had an excellent season, was just supprised that I didn''t see any posts about forster and Green and wondered what other people thought.By the way, been a Norwich fan for as long as knew what football was.... did you go to the home and away legs when we were playing in europe, I did. So you cant say I''m jumping on the bandwagon....... Never posted before as my questions are usually answered before I need to post.I would be happy for Lambert to bring in no players this summer as the all the lads deserve to play in the Prem.OTBC

So, because we got promoted with Ruddy in goal, we shouldn''t buy anyone else and look to strengthen?

By that logic, we won''t be spending a penny. So much for our ''interesting summer'', eh?

I''d have either of them back, though preferably Forster. The man is destined for great things in football, if you ask me.

Have to agree with the Westwood comment though. If i could take any ''keeper from this division it''d be him.

[quote user="MrWashington147"]Im not saying we need a new keeper because Ruddy has had an excellent season, was just supprised that I didn''t see any posts about forster and Green and wondered what other people thought.By the way, been a Norwich fan for as long as knew what football was.... did you go to the home and away legs when we were playing in europe, I did. So you cant say I''m jumping on the bandwagon....... Never posted before as my questions are usually answered before I need to post.I would be happy for Lambert to bring in no players this summer as the all the lads deserve to play in the Prem.OTBC

[/quote]

I am suprised you didnt see any either.

I actually think we need we do need another keeper, Ruddy has done really well for us after an unsteady start. But I think the Prem may be a too bigger step for him.

You could say the same about Fraser, but I would rather have him here and as for Green, off course we would all want him here, but if he does leave Wetspam, then he will go to a bigger club than us.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Right ive had enough of this, im sick of people coming out of the woodwork since promotion, who probably have been to one game all season, and in your case Mr Washington have the grand total of 1 post to your name, and posting some c rap like this.

There was an idiot the other day with about 5 posts to his name saying we should get Fraser Forster back.

PI$$ OFF WITH YOUR GREEN OR FORSTER JOHN RUDDY IS OUR FLAMIN KEEPER THANKS AND IF YOU HADNT NOTICED WE JUST GOT PROMOTED WITH HIM BETWEEN THE STICKS.

rant temporarily over, until the next time some band wagon jumper posts that we need a new striker cause Grant Holt isnt good enough for the Premiership.[/quote]This is correct in every respect...Ruddy is the man for next year!

I think that a back up keeper would be sensible. Goalkeeping is in many ways a unique position and we need experienced cover. I am not denigrating Ruddy in any way - he has done a great job this year, but we need experienced back up and someone to challenge him as well. I would say exactly the same if we had Iker Casillas and the two youngsters.

I remember the way the season nose-dived after Bryan Gunn''s injury in the mid 90s (94?). As I remember it we were 6th at the time of the original injury and the season ended with us being relegated and the long period of wilderness starting. We had a talented but inexperienced keeper at the time Andy Marshall who played a blinder in his first game but was inconsistent thereafter. We also brought in loanees as well (a Shef Utd keeper, who was useless springs to mind - tracy?) but this didn''t work out either.

Ruddy is quite young himself and there is always the danger of loss of form or injury and we can''t afford for history to repeat itself.

"Right ive had enough of this, im sick of people coming out of the woodwork since promotion, who probably have been to one game all season, and in your case Mr Washington have the grand total of 1 post to your name, and posting some c rap like this.

rant temporarily over, until the next time some band wagon jumper posts that we need a new striker cause Grant Holt isnt good enough for the Premiership." (Sorry always fails when I try to quote)

I don''t think there is any need to be an idiot about this.

I have been a regular reader on this board for about 2 years, and a regular poster for about a year. I have been to all but 1 home games this season (I missed 1 due to severe illness) and have been to 5 away games, plus beambacks. Having also seen some of the Old Firm derbys, I can say that I believe FF to be a better keeper than JR. JR has done very well this season, however I do believe that he will have a tough time in the Premier. You have to understand that the team changed from last year (L1 to Championship) with about 9 new players, so there is no reason to say so many changes wont be made. Yes Ruddy is our keeper. Yes he does deserve a chance at being the keeper. However bringing in another keeper can never be a bad thing... How far to you take this? On a forum, surely we can actively discuss who we think we might buy? Especially at such a contentious position, not like we have let in 5 goals all season. I welcome FF talk, however would also welcome the active competition between him and Ruddy, if it did ever happen.

Zak123

Ridiculous to suggest Forster is better than Ruddy, Forster played in League 1, a league with horrifically bad strikers.

Ruddy done the biz in the Championship.

My point is some people are now basically saying Ruddy isn''t good enough and I''m sick of it. Every one of our team has earned the right to play in the Premiership next season so to suggest Ruddy isn''t good enough is ridiculous, disrespectful and indicative of why some people post on here and do what they do, and some people play in and manage professional football teams.

[quote user="macclesfield canary"]I really do think we will need a better goal keeper in the prem I accept I''ll get slated for this but I''ll reserve the right to drag this thread back up in six months if we do[/quote]

Well done Macclesfield you''ve just proved my point exactly.

Ruddy deserves his shot and I''m a big fan of his so id be happy to see him as our number 1 next season. But competition is a good thing and if we signed another keeper I wouldn''t be disappointed.

Last time we were in the Prem, didn''t we have Crichton as back up keeper? He was experienced but not at a high level. Correct me if wrong please!

Sorry but something has to be said to put right what people have said here about Green.

I believe he has stated that he would love to come back to Norwich one day.

There is only one reason he left us and that was to progress his ambition to play for England - for that you can hardly blame the guy. He didn''t jump ship at all.

And since he has left he has always praised Norwich when questioned about his time with us. So get it straight and lets not slag off every ex player of ours - especially the ones that gave a damn.