Sign in to follow this  
Who killed the Croutons

Celebrity Support?

Sort of indirectly leading on from glory hunters thread....knowing full well that celebs like also to jump on bandwagons! Who in the celeb world are currently known canary fans my list is exhausted after Delia (obviously), Simon Thomas (Blue Peter) and I believe Stephen Fry. By the way I am not counting Kevin Piper or any other local newspeople nor anyone fictional e.g. Alan Partridge!
Purpose of this would be to identify any potential ''glory hunters'' or decide if we would accept any new celeb fans emerging from the woodwork.

I seem to have spotted an infiltrator, although i think it may have been mentioned on WOTB recently, Sir David Frost appears under both Norwich AND Southampton!

Now you may be a Knight old boy but you can''t have it both ways.

I demand an enquiry!

My dad sat next to Charles Clarke the Secretary of State to Education at the Watford match this season. It was also rumoured by a family friend who was present at a function held by the Queen, that she requested one of her servents to go and find out the Norwich score during the UEFA cup Inter Milan game!! Not sure whether this is true or not, but he swears by it. staying on the lines of royalty, Prince Andrew is openly a supporter. Guess this is all plausible given Sandringham being in the area.

If the Queen really was a fan, she''d have had a portable in her handbag with one earpiece in!!

I was puzzled to see Nigel Mansell supports Exeter City. Living in the Isle of Man this must make home matches a bit tricky. Stil I suppose when you''ve got three helicopters..........

yes there is quite a few famous supports about like her out of hear and say and them s club 7 hannah and paul

Being a motorsport fan, I was really hoping Ralf Firman from Attleborough would be a Norwich fan, but he burst that bubble in an interview...
When James Allen or whoever asked him he looked embarressed and mumbled "Er, no" in a slightly dismissive way.
Probably an Arsenal fan going on how dull he seems. Sounds too plummy for proper Norfolk, bet hes spent more time in Kensington than Attleborough... :o)

I''m sure Martin Brundle has mentioned the Canaries fondly before now and hes from Gayton.
Good old Martin Brundle! He was my F1 hero when I was a kid.

Herb

Believe Prince Andrew attended the league cup semi final against Chelsea in the early 70''s.

Bishop of Norwich took him there - 2nd game.

Bloody awesome games.

First one stopped because of fog. Absolute mayhem in the Barclay with Chelsea fans.

Violence in the 80''s was pussycat stuff to the seventies. Not condoning it but some real horrific stuff went on, totally unrecorded.

Oh happy days.

I know of some others kitters,

Weather girl Andrea Mclean off GMTV is a norwich fan, as is Jake from CBBC - I remember he wore his gloves and scarf in the week leading up to the Cardiff final. Sophie ellis bextor is a fan also - didnt someone leak the fact she has bougfht some NC underwear from the shop...no seriously.

I would like to add that knowing these doesn''t reflect my TV viewing, I cant stand GMTV or CBBC.

Just checked the website from above and realised that Sophie was already on there.

Kathy,
Nigel Mansell has got a place in Exeter and designed one of the golf courses just outside of the city. He has spent a lot of time in Devon and does genuinely like the area, I went to uni'' there and his goings on were always featured on the local news.

ADS

I read somewhere that Ed Balls one of Gordon Brown'' advisors is a mad fan. Not famous but a great name for a football supporter, probably likes Iwan that''s all he does nowadays.

Martin Brundle lived in the same road as me in South Wootton, Kings Lynn.
They forgot to include Henry Blofeld (cricket commentator if you didn''t know)
who was born in Hoveton.
I wonder if any of the rich celebrities bought NCFC shares?

Sophie Ellis Bextor had a pair of Norwich City knickers, bought for her by her boyfriend. She has now split from him. Make of that what you will!
David Frost was a bit of a glory hunter supporter around the time of the 1970''s League Cup finals, but not much from him since.
I would say bishops and MPs shouldn''t count - too much of a vested interest!

I thought Moanin'' Riverender was joking when he mentioned The Darkness, but it seems Justin Hawkins is a fan..
http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/Content/WhatsOnPop/WhatsOnPopStory.asp?Brand=ENONLINE&Category=WHATSONPOP&ItemId=NOED26+Feb+2004+12%3A30%3A18%3A607
Thumbs up for that one then!