Sign in to follow this  
Ren

Ipswich tickets

New on the scum online ticketing site today...........

"ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR THE HOME MATCH VERSUS NORWICH CITY

Because Norwich City have sold out their allocation, to ensure that the home areas are available for purchase only by Ipswich supporters we have added a validation rule to ticket sales from the website. You will need to be a current Season Ticket Holder, Club member or have previously purchased a home league or cup match in the 2010/11 season to be able to purchase online. For all other sales please contact the Ticket Office on 0844 80 11 555. We reserve the right to sell home areas to Ipswich Town supporters "

"When did you purchase one? Imagine they''ll crack down on any orders to a NR postcode too..."

We purchased a few weeks back. Didn''t use an NR postcode and we had registered some months before.

I don''t think the paupers are trying to actively stop City fans. It''s not like Colchester where the deman had far outstripped the supply. they could simply have state publically that away fans in home areas will be removed.

The problem they have is that tickets are just not being sold. My mate who is a binner says that the Arsenal cup game had Arsenal all over the ground, openly sitting there with their colours on. his view is that his lot don''t want to see us ''lording it over them'' more so as there is the faint chance that we might just get promoted there - very faint, I admit. I''m sure a fair few others have been put off by it being a night match with a day off work the next day.

As to the paupers, well crowds around 17,000, half a million in rent owed to the council and their manager openly talking of signing ''freebies'' next season with some of their top players out of contract suggests it is poorman road by name and poorman road by nature.

This is probably one of the biggest Derbies since the semi finals in 1985. To be willing to miss out on the atmosphere and fun when there are still thousands of tickets available begars belief - and is maybe a sad reflection of how far the happy clappies have taken over.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="rondy"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Gerry Harrison"]Got mine today in V2. Can''t believe people who missed out would rather go to a beam back than get tickets in the home areas at the bin. Come on, lets fill the place with City fans![/quote]Probably because of this..."You

will need to be a current Season Ticket Holder, Club member or have

previously purchased a home league or cup match in the 2010/11 season to

be able to purchase online."
[/quote]really?I''m none of the above and had no problem buying a ticket online.. you just need to register so that you get a customer number and off you go..[/quote]When did you purchase one? Imagine they''ll crack down on any orders to a NR postcode too...[/quote]i ordered mine yesterday morning when i decided that I wasnt going to be successful in the ballot (group 3). I do have a london postcode though which might make a difference..

[quote user="City1st"]This is probably one of the biggest Derbies since the semi finals in 1985. To be willing to miss out on the atmosphere and fun when there are still thousands of tickets available begars belief - and is maybe a sad reflection of how far the happy clappies have taken over.[/quote]I wouldn''t class myself as a "Happy Clapper" and I could quite easily get tickets in the Home section but I know I wouldn''t be able to behave myself, it was hard enough at Colchester last season so will go to the beam back where my cash will go to NCFC not ITFC.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="City1st"]This is probably one of the biggest Derbies since the semi finals in 1985. To be willing to miss out on the atmosphere and fun when there are still thousands of tickets available begars belief - and is maybe a sad reflection of how far the happy clappies have taken over.[/quote]I wouldn''t class myself as a "Happy Clapper" and I could quite easily get tickets in the Home section but I know I wouldn''t be able to behave myself, it was hard enough at Colchester last season so will go to the beam back where my cash will go to NCFC not ITFC.[/quote]WELL SAID THAT MAN :)

"so will go to the beam back where my cash will go to NCFC not ITFC."

And where was your cash going to go for the ''ballot ticket'' you applied for ?

If I was in with the Norwich Fans and could fully support the team I would willingly pay out but being in the "Home section" I probably wouldn''t be able to do that without getting ejected from the ground or a smack round the head.So I would rather pay £10 to NCFC to go to the beam back than £28 to ITFC and have to sit and keep quiet.

Yes! Tickets came today, in Cobbold Stand Upper Tier V1, not sure what this is, but yeah! [:)]

I doubt you would get a smack in the head or thrown out (presuming you were not daft enough to sit in the middle of the North stand).

It is your choice and if you feel happier watching at Carrow Road, again that''s your choice, but don''t tell us it is about handing money to the paupers.

Your ''ballot ticket'' money would have gone to the paupers just as if you bought a ticket direct from them.

[quote user="Harry"]I would rather pay £10 to NCFC to go to the beam back than £28 to ITFC and have to sit and keep quiet.[/quote]I certain NCFC wouldn''t be allowed to "beam back" an Ipswich Town home game with out paying them for the privilege!

[quote user="City1st"]I doubt you would get a smack in the head or thrown out (presuming you were not daft enough to sit in the middle of the North stand).

It is your choice and if you feel happier watching at Carrow Road, again that''s your choice, but don''t tell us it is about handing money to the paupers.

Your ''ballot ticket'' money would have gone to the paupers just as if you bought a ticket direct from them.[/quote]I do realise that and if you read my previous post again you will see I have said if I was in the "Away End" I would happily have paid it.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Press box it is then....[/quote]Well done Pete.......you managed to wangle a pass after all then ?[/quote]Fingers crossed. Not counting my chickens just yet....

I didn''t get tickets in the ballot either, its soooooo unfair.The fact I didn''t apply for any won''t get in the way of me joining in the moaning.[;)]

checked the bank this morning £34.50 gone out today .looks like i''m going to ipswich

WHOOP WHOOP

looking at the beam back sales how many would you think we have sold, i don''t know what each area holds

http://www.canaries.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/standAndAreaSelection.aspx?stadium=01&product=PV10IP&campaign=&type=H

They are selling well but places are still available in both the Cit Stand and the lounge.

Hope you all have fun either trying your best to keep quiet or sitting there dejected.If Holt flops to floor and wins you lot anything, I hope you''d feel as ashamed as I would; a big bloke like him falling over like he does is simply embarassing (see Delaney''s challenge at Carrow Road). Hopefully it will be a good spectacle though.I also hope I''ll be able to catch some of your game tonight.