Sign in to follow this  
Pabs

POTS?

It is that time of year again to think about Player of the Season - not an easy decision this year baring in mind how well the whole squad have done.

My top three would be:

1. Andrew Crofts - Never say die, and has made his mark ever since the very first game. Box to box, can defend, tackle, pass and certainly shoot (judging by the Barnsley goal). He has made us think Darel who...? By far a superior player and an absolute bargain.

2. Wes Hoolahan - Is the one player we have got that can change a game on his own - I would go as far as saying he is the best player in the league this season - opposition can''t deal with him. Another 10 goals too - my only reason he wouldn''t be number 1 is that Crofts has been slightly more consistent in his brilliance!

3. Grant Holt - After a slow start, Holt has proven sensational at this level; I reckon every other team in this division would have him in their team. He has proven his critics wrong, and has led by example. The hat-trick v the scum certainly helped, too!

Bubbling Under...

Russell Martin - Has been so consistent and effective all season, and chipped in with a fee goals from full back.

John Ruddy - After an uncertain start, he has been superb the last few months. Has kept us in several games and made some incredible saves. IMO better than Forster.

David Fox - Didnt play for ages, but makes us tick -has been excellent as midfield fulcrum.

Elliott Ward - Over the whole season, the only centre back who could claim the award as the others havent played enough. Has been a bit on and off, but generally solid and a good quality CB at this level.

I think Crofts will win it.

I will probably vote Hoolahan though.

But Holt, Martin, Ruddy could all easily win it as well. And of course others such as Drury, Fox, Ward, Barnett etc have all been very good.

Even if we miss out on promotion this season, I think we can look back and be proud of a lot of the teams performances this season.

Holt has scored his goals, but without hooly, holt would have 1/2 his goals maybe less, and the rest of the team would t hav scored as many! Hooly is out biggest asset!

Thats almost a good point Banana, but don''t you think without Hoolahan we would be playing a different system, different players would have been signed, and Grant Holt might have scored even more? (very unlikely though, he didn''t at any other club, he really has excelled playing with Hoolahan). If now, Hoolahan was injured then yes your right. But If Hoolahan had never been here, or sold in the summer etc, it would be a different story.

[quote user="Pabs"]It is that time of year again to think about Player of the Season - not an easy decision this year baring in mind how well the whole squad have done.

My top three would be:

1. Andrew Crofts - Never say die, and has made his mark ever since the very first game. Box to box, can defend, tackle, pass and certainly shoot (judging by the Barnsley goal). He has made us think Darel who...? By far a superior player and an absolute bargain.

2. Wes Hoolahan - Is the one player we have got that can change a game on his own - I would go as far as saying he is the best player in the league this season - opposition can''t deal with him. Another 10 goals too - my only reason he wouldn''t be number 1 is that Crofts has been slightly more consistent in his brilliance!

3. Grant Holt - After a slow start, Holt has proven sensational at this level; I reckon every other team in this division would have him in their team. He has proven his critics wrong, and has led by example. The hat-trick v the scum certainly helped, too!

Bubbling Under...

Russell Martin - Has been so consistent and effective all season, and chipped in with a fee goals from full back.

John Ruddy - After an uncertain start, he has been superb the last few months. Has kept us in several games and made some incredible saves. IMO better than Forster.

David Fox - Didnt play for ages, but makes us tick -has been excellent as midfield fulcrum.

Elliott Ward - Over the whole season, the only centre back who could claim the award as the others havent played enough. Has been a bit on and off, but generally solid and a good quality CB at this level.[/quote]Went through a horrible run of form when he couldnt pass/tackle/shoot just before christmas. Got it together now but Hoolahan for me for simply being the most entertaining, threatening, skillful and improved (defending) player of the season. (though im sure Doc will manage to beat him again somehow)

If we got promoted, then everyone would get a medal like they deserve!

Holt

Hoolahan makes the team tick technically, but holt has been such a great captain making us tick mentally and got some important goals, the most irreplaceable player in our team with wes not far behind.

Crofts up there too

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Genuinely difficult this year.... top 3:Russell MartinWes HoolahanGrant Holt[/quote]Agree with this, I''d like to see Martin get it for being so consistently good.

Much as I f***ing love Grant Holt, it has to be Wes. Don''t forget he''s just signed another contract with us when there must have been good offers from others with more money than us.

Surely this guy is a shoo-in, seems to be there or there abouts every year [;)][img]http://www.fansfc.com/UploadedImages/Players/Gary%20Doherty_633584549708750000.jpg[/img]

think they should retrospectively give the 2009 award to hoolahan, cause then i wouldn''t feel so bad about him not getting it this as crofts just has to.