Sign in to follow this  
Jon Moorhouse

Grant Holt

In this months 4-4-2 each league side has a best ever 11 voted for by a fan - Norwich team is pretty much as you''d expect - but what I did notice was that Holt appeared in the 11 for both Rochdale and Shrewsbury - who both said very complimentary things about him. I must admit, and time will tell, but he is pushing Chris Sutton and Iwan close in my favourite all time striker - I think it is his never give up attitude and the fact that he gets abuse from nearly every other team that makes him stand out for me!

yes totally agree with that,as captain he has helped to inspire this group of players on and off the field and his never say die attitude has rubbed off on us all he is truly our captain fantastic . . . W F L GRANT HOLT . .

I also aggree but personally find his "i dont care what you think about me attitude" toward other teams very funny. I believe from some match day statistics i read in the programme he has caused the most fouls in this season but the most fouls on one player is him aswell.

I''m with you on that too. Holty is fast becoming a legend at Carrow Road and I think much like Hucks he''s found his true footballing home. A true captain and leader on the pitch and I love that other teams fans don''t like him; shows how good he is!

The acquisition of Grant Holt, if very little else, elevates Bryan Gunn into the category of all-time great City managers.

What a player and at what a time.

I recently worked with a Shrewsbury season ticket holder.Grant Holt is a GOD there too. He negoatiated a good fee for the Shrews when he signed for us, and since then has done various charity events for this struggling club. Apart from the usual shirt signing, photo opportunities and public appearences, these alsdo include putting his own hand in his pocket to the tune of £25k to help keep the wolves from the door when the Shrews were threatened with administration last year.A legend at 2 clubs = Grant Holt.

[quote user="NWC"]I recently worked with a Shrewsbury season ticket holder.

Grant Holt is a GOD there too.

He negoatiated a good fee for the Shrews when he signed for us, and since then has done various charity events for this struggling club. Apart from the usual shirt signing, photo opportunities and public appearences, these alsdo include putting his own hand in his pocket to the tune of £25k to help keep the wolves from the door when the Shrews were threatened with administration last year.

A legend at 2 clubs = Grant Holt.

[/quote]

I didn''t think it was possible, but he''s just gone up in my estimation.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

The acquisition of Grant Holt, if very little else, elevates Bryan Gunn into the category of all-time great City managers.

[/quote]

I agree, a much better manager than Worthy who could only sign players of the calibre of Jason Jarrett and Andy Hughes.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

I agree, a much better manager than Worthy who could only sign players of the calibre of Jason Jarrett and Andy Hughes.

[/quote]

My post was in jest. Get it!

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My post was in jest. Get it!

[/quote]Yes, that''s why I took your joke and "ran with it", only to find that.... oh never mind.Taxi!  [au]

I missed something,but what is Holts ''Chicken Tonight'' dance about.Just taking the pee out of Henri?

There has been some very enjoyable misinterpretation of irony on this thread. Well done, folks.Me, I''m undecided about Holty... at first I thought he was going to be the new Adrian Coote, but now I''m not so sure.

[quote user="NWC"]I recently worked with a Shrewsbury season ticket holder.Grant Holt is a GOD there too. He negoatiated a good fee for the Shrews when he signed for us, and since then has done various charity events for this struggling club. Apart from the usual shirt signing, photo opportunities and public appearences, these alsdo include putting his own hand in his pocket to the tune of £25k to help keep the wolves from the door when the Shrews were threatened with administration last year.A legend at 2 clubs = Grant Holt.

[/quote]You really are misinformed, GH most certainly did put his hand in his own pocket, And Shrews certainly have been nowhere near admin since our current chairman took over in 1996.  We are a well run club.  GH was a great player for us, shame we could not have got a bit more for him, but at the time you were a L1 Club i believe.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

Joking aside, Gunny did what he was good at - PR.    His squad building for the League 1 season was based on talking up the club and its prospects.    In this, and despite all the other issues,  he did bring in the legend that is GH - and aren''t we all glad he did!