Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Apparently we had a bid for Morison rejected - Skysports

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6673545,00.html

"The 27-year-old has scored 12 goals this season and his performances have attracted interest from a number of clubs.

Fulham have been credited with an interest in Morison, while Nottingham Forest and Norwich are understood to have had offers rejected for the Wales international."

Apologies if this has already been posted - I think we all knew we were probably interested in him - but this is the first time I have seen anything in the press relating to us having made a concrete bid... I wonder how much we offered....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/9366650.stm

looks like we might go for it in the transfer window can see one big player coming in, but doubt it will be morrison sure i read somewhere millwall wanted £3m for him

[quote user="canary_girl"]thats interesting as I didn''t believe we had the cash to warrent a bid[/quote]

Thats whats good about Norwich at the moment, nobody knows how much we''ve got, its all just pure speculation.  People keep putting the above quote on here, lets just see what happens...

Thats why I posted it up here, I didnt think we had the kind of money to bid for players of Morison''s quality...

Thats not to say we won''t find someone of similar ilk from the lower leagues for less money, but I had assumed we liked him, but baulked at the sort of money to put in a serious offer for him...

The money available you would presume to be around £1mill - £1.5mill (Someone had a bid of £1.2 rejected I seem to remember) so a serious bid would be around that, plus the rumour we bid a mill for Bennett, (presumably post-Morison bid being knocked back as I cant see us having 3 mill to play with!!)... if these rumours are to be believed anyway.

Imo IF (and thats a big if) Lambert still has a mill or so in the kitty, I think that will be enough to see us go up, as Lambert has an impressive knack of getting a lot of player quality for little money.

"Norwich are understood "

As in Lambert is ''understood'' to have resigned and joined Burnley or that Brown (Portsmouth) is joing the canaries.

Odd how when we do sign someone skysports never has anything posted up before. Sloppy journalism relying too much on puff from agents perhaps ?

Or is it more likely Sky pulling their old trick of adding several clubs to the speculation, thus driving up traffic to their site as fans or Nottingham, Norwich and Millwall all go have a read?

Sky are about as reliable as the Daily Mirror for rumours.

I think that for our last signing Lambert is eyeing a more major "sign of intent" type of signing. Think its likely to be an attacking player and if we are being linked with the likes of Morrison or Bennett then could be a 7 figure signing. Fingers crossed.

[quote user="kick it off"]Thats why I posted it up here, I didnt think we had the kind of money to bid for players of Morison''s quality... Thats not to say we won''t find someone of similar ilk from the lower leagues for less money, but I had assumed we liked him, but baulked at the sort of money to put in a serious offer for him... The money available you would presume to be around £1mill - £1.5mill (Someone had a bid of £1.2 rejected I seem to remember) so a serious bid would be around that, plus the rumour we bid a mill for Bennett, (presumably post-Morison bid being knocked back as I cant see us having 3 mill to play with!!)... if these rumours are to be believed anyway. Imo IF (and thats a big if) Lambert still has a mill or so in the kitty, I think that will be enough to see us go up, as Lambert has an impressive knack of getting a lot of player quality for little money.[/quote]

Apart from when signing forwards though! 

Whether Lambert is totally to blame for this though is another matter as I would imagine it is more difficult to find a quality forward on a shoestring than other positions.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

I think that for our last signing Lambert is eyeing a more major "sign of intent" type of signing. Think its likely to be an attacking player and if we are being linked with the likes of Morrison or Bennett then could be a 7 figure signing. Fingers crossed.

[/quote]

agree, although most of the speculation regarding our last transfer seems to revolve around Bennett - being a midfielder...I would rather we spent that sort of money on a striker as it seems we don''t have trouble creating chances, just that our strikers, excpet Holt are struggling to finish them. It''s ncie for all of the team to chip with the goals but ultimately we need another striker who can get on the score sheet

[quote user="jed exodous"]

[quote user="canary_girl"]thats interesting as I didn''t believe we had the cash to warrent a bid[/quote]

Thats whats good about Norwich at the moment, nobody knows how much we''ve got, its all just pure speculation.  People keep putting the above quote on here, lets just see what happens...

[/quote]

We have a transfer pot of £1m+ this window and another pot for next season. So it depends on how the deal(s) are structured, i.e, how much cash is paid out when.

If we have some money left for a decent signing, hopefully a striker, then that would be excellent. We now seem to have a board with vision, if not necessarily a lot of cash, and I for one would like to say well done. I have been very critical of the way our club has been governed in the past but I am a happy man at the moment.

Millwall might have an issue though if the player is keen on a move away. He has a a small agent so no doubt he is keen to move his prized asset on. I think that Lambert will sign two players before the window closes. I firmly believe that one will be a striker of considerable talent. Morison might interest QPR - I know for a fact that Warnock is looking to bring in four new players and two by Friday. With Mackie out he''ll look to replace him as well as add a bit more to help keep them at the top.

[quote user="The Chirp"]Millwall might have an issue though if the player is keen on a move away. He has a a small agent so no doubt he is keen to move his prized asset on. I think that Lambert will sign two players before the window closes. I firmly believe that one will be a striker of considerable talent. Morison might interest QPR - I know for a fact that Warnock is looking to bring in four new players and two by Friday. With Mackie out he''ll look to replace him as well as add a bit more to help keep them at the top. [/quote]

Hope your right!

[quote user="The Chirp"]Millwall might have an issue though if the player is keen on a move away. He has a a small agent so no doubt he is keen to move his prized asset on. I think that Lambert will sign two players before the window closes. I firmly believe that one will be a striker of considerable talent. Morison might interest QPR - I know for a fact that Warnock is looking to bring in four new players and two by Friday. With Mackie out he''ll look to replace him as well as add a bit more to help keep them at the top. [/quote]

Hope your right!

Hope your right!

Hope your right!

Hope your right!

Hope your right!

Somebody else who springs to mind and I''d love to have back at the club is Ched Evans at Sheff Utd as I would expect him to be a similar price to Morison, although his wages could be a stumbling block.   

Story on the BBC site says we are weighing up whether to go for it big time or not , looks like we may have decided yes

You have to wonder whether Askou is part of a sweetner for Morison?

Holt, Martin, Jackson & Morison, could you keep them all happy?  If Cody wasn''t out on loan a part-ex for Cody or Jackson would have been a possibility.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

You have to wonder whether Askou is part of a sweetner for Morison?

Holt, Martin, Jackson & Morison, could you keep them all happy?  If Cody wasn''t out on loan a part-ex for Cody or Jackson would have been a possibility.

[/quote]

A lot of people have been saying this and I hope you are all right, but I fail to see how our 5th choice left back on loan for a month or even if it was permanent would help sway them to part with thier best player

odd (or not) how sky sports had nothing on the Askou loan move until AFTER it was done

maybe they''ll have us signing nat lofthouse next - only need it to be posted on some forum somewhere